..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a heads up to everybody, I'm going overseas for a week or two and won't have a development-capable computer. I'll start adding my 2 cents again when I get back Smile
No news on the random memory infinitely increasing/high CPU load thing?

I found out something new, namely that my controls become laggy as hell when it happens.
I'm happy to see that BT works with DS4 despite unable to pair my DS3. Thank you. I have been looking for some info but came empty handed. From lack of options in the DS4 Tool - I assume it is not possible to map keyboard keys to the set up as of yet? Is this something that will be in plans?

I hate the fact that some games are treating D-pad as axis input, not separate buttons. Is there any work around? So far configuration options allow to swap buttons around or clone them - but there is no new buttons to be assigned or keyboard input as it was done in DS3.

Any ideas?
a page of two back you can see the controller setup for custom mapping and he has keyboard keys in it. it is currently not in the newest release but will obviously making an appearance soon
(03-26-2014, 05:47 PM)wahgah Wrote: [ -> ]a page of two back you can see the controller setup for custom mapping and he has keyboard keys in it. it is currently not in the newest release but will obviously making an appearance soon

I hope it will.. I have been checking the dev builds and i could not get to the same screens so I was not sure... I only got my DS4 today, after selling my ps3 console with pads. I'm really looking forward for that update as d-pad is something I bind very often.
(03-26-2014, 05:25 PM)quintaar Wrote: [ -> ]I hate the fact that some games are treating D-pad as axis input, not separate buttons. Is there any work around?

Any ideas?

There is a software named "Xpadder" that allows u to remap any gamepad's button to any keyboard or mouse keys or actions. It works perfectly with DS4 too. Just google it.
also on a note of features, they have said they are looking into the bluetooth microphone but cant get a good enough reading from it. hopefully they will find a way because that is the final feature I want!
(03-26-2014, 09:03 PM)raya2 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a software named "Xpadder" that allows u to remap any gamepad's button to any keyboard or mouse keys or actions. It works perfectly with DS4 too. Just google it.

I will wait until payday and perhaps read some reviews before going for this Laugh
Hi there,

Was just hoping to get some help with the tool. Was running the Final 1.1.1 since December with no issues for my games on Steam. However just recently I can't get any games (or the XInputTest.exe) to recognize it. My DS4 lights up with the custom colour I've picked and I have a Wireless controller, xbox 360 controller and an HID-compliant controller showing up on my devices list.

I've reinstalled drivers, started using the 1.3 tool and still have no luck. Clearly this is a computer (not a tool) issue but I'm wondering if anyone knows what I should look into?

Again, I had it running perfectly so I know the order of operations and I did not make any changes (that I know of) to make this connection error occur. I'm on Windows 7 and using it directly over USB.
I am having a problem that hopefully someone here could assist with. I am trying to use my DS4 controller to play Call of Duty: World at war. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the DS4 tool (1.2.2) as well as xbox360ce, and xbox360lib and put the necessary files in the game folder. The game will recognize all buttons and they can be mapped, except for the motion of the joysticks. I watched the youtube video linked above, and after installing the driver from ScpDriver.exe I did not get anything in my devices and printers other than what was already there. I am assuming this is because the video was made for an older version of the tool, and the version I am trying to use does not behave the same way. I have also downloaded XInputTest, and checked that hide DS4 works. I have also tried this in game command into the console "exec default_controller.cfg" with and without hiding DS4, and get similar results (buttons will work, but not joystick motion). If anyone could give me some advice, or point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!