..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks guys. DS4 Hide fixed the problems. This even works with Deus Ex The Fall even when Logitech f510 doesn't. Great to use a separated dpad once again xD
+1 to responders.

Edit: May I request a user configurable idle time option for the light to turn off when the controller isn't being used but is still plugged in? This is so I won't kill the light's lifespan when I'm not using it for all lights eventually stop working after a period of time. I plan to keep the ds3 server to be on at all times so that it will be ready for when I want to play (just like normal controllers). And when I have company over, the less I have to get up to configure things, the better. When company is over, constantly having to adjust anything results in a moment of impatience of said company xD
(03-30-2014, 10:31 PM)SeeDborg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,
I've just disovered and successfully tried this wonderful software that is DS4 to xinput, but I just have a tiny problem with my dualshock 4 in big picture mode : when I'm in grid mode to see my games, I can't navigate because it's like if I was pressing L2 and R2 at the same time.

Does this occured to any of you too ? Is there a way to solve it ? or is this a problem with my controller ?

Please tell me if it's normal !
Well, I guess I'm forced to come here after exhausting my troubleshooting know-how.

Basically, earlier today, the controller was working fine, was using it for gaming and such, and everything worked. Skip ahead to a half hour ago, and while the controller is connected, the light on it is lit, and the touchpad works fine, the controller doesn't seem to be emulating an Xbox controller. The XInputTest that's on the OP doesn't recognize it, and the controller isn't showing up under the "game controllers" menu that I accessed from the ds4tool. The Xbox 360 controller isn't even coming up on the device manager.

Connection type: I've tried both USB and Bluetooth, same result.

Windows Version: 64-bit Windows 8.1

DS4 Tool Version: 1.3 RC4

Are you using Exclusive vs Shared mode ( is Hide DS4 Controller checkbox enabled): Tried both Exclusive and Shared. In Exclusive, nothing shows up. In shared, only the dualshock 4 shows up.
(04-02-2014, 08:12 AM)zyo117 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I guess I'm forced to come here after exhausting my troubleshooting know-how.

Basically, earlier today, the controller was working fine, was using it for gaming and such, and everything worked. Skip ahead to a half hour ago, and while the controller is connected, the light on it is lit, and the touchpad works fine, the controller doesn't seem to be emulating an Xbox controller. The XInputTest that's on the OP doesn't recognize it, and the controller isn't showing up under the "game controllers" menu that I accessed from the ds4tool. The Xbox 360 controller isn't even coming up on the device manager.

Connection type: I've tried both USB and Bluetooth, same result.

Windows Version: 64-bit Windows 8.1

DS4 Tool Version: 1.3 RC4

Are you using Exclusive vs Shared mode ( is Hide DS4 Controller checkbox enabled): Tried both Exclusive and Shared. In Exclusive, nothing shows up. In shared, only the dualshock 4 shows up.

Honestly, unless you absolutely NEED to have Toshiba stack compatibility, you should try 1.3 RC3. I've had connection issues with RC4 (hotplugging in particular) that aren't present in RC3, which has been perfect from the second I first downloaded it.
I had been using version 1.2.2, when when I downloaded version 1.3, windows 8.1 gives me an error message, and it won't start. Norton sometimes deletes the file. Is there a problem with this version?
(04-02-2014, 11:20 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, unless you absolutely NEED to have Toshiba stack compatibility, you should try 1.3 RC3. I've had connection issues with RC4 (hotplugging in particular) that aren't present in RC3, which has been perfect from the second I first downloaded it.

I honestly didn't expect it to, and wasn't surprised. Reverting back to RC3 didn't seem to make any difference. It's not a problem getting the controller to connect; it'll connect fine and I can use a mouse and such. It's a problem getting the xinput to work, essentially. There's no xbox controller popping up under game controllers, or under the device manager.
(04-01-2014, 05:12 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys. DS4 Hide fixed the problems. This even works with Deus Ex The Fall even when Logitech f510 doesn't. Great to use a separated dpad once again xD
+1 to responders.

Edit: May I request a user configurable idle time option for the light to turn off when the controller isn't being used but is still plugged in? This is so I won't kill the light's lifespan when I'm not using it for all lights eventually stop working after a period of time. I plan to keep the ds3 server to be on at all times so that it will be ready for when I want to play (just like normal controllers). And when I have company over, the less I have to get up to configure things, the better. When company is over, constantly having to adjust anything results in a moment of impatience of said company xD

If you want the extra battery life, just go ahead and crank the light bar down to 0/0/0. You'll get closer to twelve hours, most likely, instead of four to eight, so charging will be less of a burden. I was thinking about adding a similar feature, but really there's just no good reason to have the light bar active while you're playing a video game.
(04-02-2014, 03:35 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]If you want the extra battery life, just go ahead and crank the light bar down to 0/0/0. You'll get closer to twelve hours, most likely, instead of four to eight, so charging will be less of a burden. I was thinking about adding a similar feature, but really there's just no good reason to have the light bar active while you're playing a video game.

We all play with the cords. So it's not about the battery life, it's about the stress on the actual light and how all lights break after prolonged use. And the light stays on even if you aren't playing anything. The light would tell which person had what controller if someone went to the bathroom or something during gameplay (different color for each controller). And it would match the laptop's glowing lights as far as style. So to me, the light is about identification and about coolness. But for identification purposes, just like the wii and ps3 controllers, the light is needed. Except for these lights happen to be bigger. If anything on the controller hasn't been pressed for a certain amount of user configurable time, then the light will gradually turn off until you press something again. I saw you were in need of financial assitance. I'd gladly contribute Smile
(04-02-2014, 04:25 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]We all play with the cords. So it's not about the battery life, it's about the stress on the actual light and how all lights break after prolonged use. And the light stays on even if you aren't playing anything. The light would tell which person had what controller if someone went to the bathroom or something during gameplay (different color for each controller). And it would match the laptop's glowing lights as far as style. So to me, the light is about identification and about coolness. But for identification purposes, just like the wii and ps3 controllers, the light is needed. Except for these lights happen to be bigger. If anything on the controller hasn't been pressed for a certain amount of user configurable time, then the light will gradually turn off until you press something again. I saw you were in need of financial assitance. I'd gladly contribute Smile

I think a more sensible way of using the light bar for identification is to only light it up (preferably at a dim setting) when it _is_ idle, i.e. the controller has been set down. If people are actively using the controllers, they will know which is which. If they're all sitting on the coffee table, they'd show their colors for identification. The opposite scenario would occur if people started doing PS Move-like functionality, using a Kinect or similar device to disambiguate players based upon the light bar colors. So to me that means the generic functionality would be, similarly to allowing a gradient between two light bar settings based upon battery level, allow a gradient between two settings based upon activity/idleness.
But then we have the scenario where nobody's over and you keep the controller plugged in and you aren't gaming at the moment. The light shouldn't be on at this point. And one would want it to still be plugged in so that they can be ready for the on demand moment without having to first click something to activate the controller each time before playing. The scenario you are referring to is great for being wireless. The scene that I'm referring to is pertaining to wired.