..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is fantastic!
Any chance of making a universal 'vibration' driver for DualShock controllers? I have a USB DualShock 2 clone controller and I'd rather not have to install some randomly-found Chinese drivers just to possibly bork my system. I don't trust their software.
Just a driver/plugin that works to enable the vibration function in PCSX2. Since PCSX2 is open-source, I'm sure that will make it easier to code such a driver/plugin. Perhaps such a feature can even be integrated into the core SVN distribution if it is found suitable enough to do so Smile

Also I'd request including a link to the source code on SourceForge/GitHub/etc in your first post.
Your "USB DualShock 2 clone controller" presumably looks like a DS2, but internally it is not one, because those don't have USB and can't be connected to a PC. There's no universal way to talk to DS2 controllers from a PC because they can't be connected to one. Doing what you ask would require reverse engineering and implementing a driver specifically for your gamepad, which is far outside the scope of this project.
Need help to make it work wireless. The server recognize the controller but when I check the controller properties in devices the xb360 emu is there but the controller does nothing. It works wired BTW. I think is a driver issue but don't know how to make it work.
(12-05-2013, 05:36 PM)Draco25240 Wrote: [ -> ]Like many other people here I'm registering to say Thank You so much for making this tool! Laugh
I am however encountering 1 issue. After I start up the ScpServer.exe and made sure everything is working, whenever I try to open a game that uses the controller (BF3 in my case), the whole computer (including the cursor) just freezes for about half a minute, then when it's done, the game is in the task bar, if I press it and try to open it, the whole computer just freezes again for about a minute. When everything is back to normal the game just closes itself. If I try to start it up again the same things happen. I have tested every single version of your tool and it happens with everyone of them.
I have however found a way around it, I start up the tool, make sure the controller works (blue light and it shows up in list), then I stop and close the tool, the blue light on the controller is still on and it works with XInput. I don't seem to have noticed any rumble so far though, but it still works like a dream. (it also doesn't show up as an XBOX 360 controller in devices, just wireless controller, but it still works and is recognized as an XBOX 360 controller)
and yes I have downloaded the XBOX 360 controller drivers from Microsoft.

System specs if you need them:
Acer Aspire V3-771G
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
DirectX 11, official MS XBOX 360 controller software and I'm pretty sure I have .NET 4 and everything else it might need.
NVIDIA GeForce GT640M (2GB graphic memory) with driver update 331.82
Intel i7-3610QM @2.3 GHz (TurboBoost up to 3.3)
8GB RAM

Same here, freezing started occurring on every update since Beta 1.1 (but beta 1.1 gives me some rumble at least so I'm thankful for that Laugh)
Created an account just to say thank you for this program. Everything in your most current version works for me, and it totally justified buying a DualShock 4.

I have a quick question: Does lowering the brightness of the light bar increase the battery life of the controller, or should the light bar be turned off completely to see any difference?
It's been working over Bluetooth and USB for me, but with the newest version, it only works with USB. Over Bluetooth, the program sees the controller but the controller just doesn't work. When I switch back to an older version, it works fine over Bluetooth (but I don't get rumble or lightbar colors).
(12-06-2013, 01:58 AM)Corrodias Wrote: [ -> ]Your "USB DualShock 2 clone controller" presumably looks like a DS2, but internally it is not one, because those don't have USB and can't be connected to a PC. There's no universal way to talk to DS2 controllers from a PC because they can't be connected to one. Doing what you ask would require reverse engineering and implementing a driver specifically for your gamepad, which is far outside the scope of this project.

I have official Sony DualShock 2 controllers as well and could presumably grab an adapter to be able to use it via USB, hmm?
I wouldn't mind doing so if that meant I could use vibration functions.
People having freezing issues, are you running something like Teamspeak or other VOIP apps?
(12-06-2013, 02:44 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a quick question: Does lowering the brightness of the light bar increase the battery life of the controller, or should the light bar be turned off completely to see any difference?

Tests have been done, and it turns out that the low consumption LEDs, has a minimal impact on battery life. (negligible)

I unfortunately over the link, look quickly on google, I found it yesterday.

(12-05-2013, 05:01 PM)Pro_info Wrote: [ -> ]Think you can operate the touchpad and the gyroscope in the future?

I have another question :
Will it be possible to disable the emulation xbox?
(because the problems is that L2 & R2 are considered a single axis)

Thanks
(12-06-2013, 07:19 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]People having freezing issues, are you running something like Teamspeak or other VOIP apps?

Nope, it freezes when I start up Ubisoft's UPlay client.