..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a little bit off-topic, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a place selling replacement buttons for the DS4. I think it would be kind of fun to replace DS4 symbol buttons with ABXY buttons that would then line up with the on-screen prompts in games designed for the 360 controller.

Thanks for this tool! Been using it to play the Bioshock Infinite DLC, and it's worked great!
(04-10-2014, 05:52 PM)daroga Wrote: [ -> ]This is a little bit off-topic, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a place selling replacement buttons for the DS4. I think it would be kind of fun to replace DS4 symbol buttons with ABXY buttons that would then line up with the on-screen prompts in games designed for the 360 controller.

Thanks for this tool! Been using it to play the Bioshock Infinite DLC, and it's worked great!

This is something that cross my mind too.

Actually it will be possible to replace them with X360 buttons?
I suppose that the diameter is almost the same (~6 mm) but the height?
(04-10-2014, 05:52 PM)daroga Wrote: [ -> ]This is a little bit off-topic, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a place selling replacement buttons for the DS4. I think it would be kind of fun to replace DS4 symbol buttons with ABXY buttons that would then line up with the on-screen prompts in games designed for the 360 controller.

Check out The Controller Shop. They have a controller customization lab on their website, but they don't have that option there. I, also interested in this, tweeted them and they said this:

https://twitter.com/ControllerShop/statu...8580817920

So there's something to check out. It's pretty expensive for one of their controllers though.
I finally got mine to work after much beginner confusion. My only thing is in Battlefield 4 basically my Logitech G13 can't be used or it prevents it from recognizing the controller. Is there any way to stop this so I could use both?

(This is wonderful btw OP - thank you - , I tested Tomb Raider and with rumble was magnificent!! Smile)
Not sure this will effect a lot of people but I found that this software makes streaming games to the Nvidia Shield not work. Essentially the controls from the shield don't work if one of the drivers is enabled at the time. Imostly discovered this when trying to play dark souls over gamestream. On the bright side I have found a decent workaround.

Essentially what I did was find a command line tool to disable/enable a driver, I then made a batch file that would disable the driver, launch the game then re-enable it after I quit the game.

You can get the tool from the end of the article here , just get the one from the end of the article. The one from microsoft gave me some trouble. There's a simple guide on using it here.

For me the device showed up as 'Bluetooth HID device' in device manager and my batch wound up like this

Code:
c:\windows\system32\devcon disable *BTHENUM\{00001124*
DARKSOULS.exe
c:\windows\system32\devcon enable *BTHENUM\{00001124*

I then just manually added this batch as a shortcut in the gamestream section of the nvidia geforce experience. I hope this helps both the other people using a DS4 on their desktop who also have a Shield.
Speaking about buttons: i measured with a caliber a button from a PSOne DS pad (it's not a DS4, but i suppose they are the same size?); it's 1,05 cm in diameter and 0,9 cm in height.
Can someone measure X360 buttons?
does anyone know how to get the controller to work when playing ff7. I've seen on some sites that say i need to sync the controller first.
When I turn off the DS4 I have issues reconnecting it. I saw that I have to disable, then enable the scp driver in between uses, but even when I do that, the server won't keep the controller connected, and I have to remove the controller from bluetooth devices and re-pair it. Am I doing anything wrong, or is this the way it is for now?
(04-12-2014, 11:15 PM)sheady Wrote: [ -> ]When I turn off the DS4 I have issues reconnecting it. I saw that I have to disable, then enable the scp driver in between uses, but even when I do that, the server won't keep the controller connected, and I have to remove the controller from bluetooth devices and re-pair it. Am I doing anything wrong, or is this the way it is for now?

Fall back to v1.2.2. It was the last one that didn't do this to me. I can constantly disconnect and reconnect the same controller over USB and Bluetooth endlessly and it just works.

v1.3 and up all have massive issues reconnecting. At least v1.2.2 is there and it works.
Hey, whenever I play Dark Souls on 1.3 RC3, the DS4tool icon disappears from my task bar and I have to disconnect by going to my task manager processes and ending it.