..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-06-2013, 07:56 AM)Pacmoon Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, it freezes when I start up Ubisoft's UPlay client.

I can't seem to replicate, I have Steam with Uplay/AC3 everything is fine.
I am using Windows 8.1 x64

Maybe you have Wireless Controller configured in steam big picture?
Also try unplugging/shutting down controller from USB/BT

Make sure UPlay is not running and then Start the tool. Maybe try a computer restart

I found that UPlay does use controller so there might be conflict

(12-06-2013, 07:48 AM)Pro_info Wrote: [ -> ]Tests have been done, and it turns out that the low consumption LEDs, has a minimal impact on battery life. (negligible)

I unfortunately over the link, look quickly on google, I found it yesterday.

I have another question :
Will it be possible to disable the emulation xbox?
(because the problems is that L2 & R2 are considered a single axis)

Thanks

I am not considering developing custom driver at the moment, so emulating of xniput is only workaround to make some games recognize controller. I can read Gyro/Accelerometer data, but its not possible to pass it into x360 controller. I found battery lasts about 6 hrs in DS4
(12-06-2013, 08:10 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I am not considering developing custom driver at the moment, so emulating of xniput is only workaround to make some games recognize controller. I can read Gyro/Accelerometer data, but its not possible to pass it into x360 controller. I found battery lasts about 6 hrs in DS4

Could you make it an optional binding eventually? I'd like to experiment with it. After the touchpad mouse support, of course. XD
(12-06-2013, 12:17 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I will be looking at it soon.

In tonight's update:

Led/Rum boost settings now are saved for each controller
Minimizes to tray

Left and right are not saved correctly, ok for color and rumble
Minimise to tray OK
(12-06-2013, 07:19 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]People having freezing issues, are you running something like Teamspeak or other VOIP apps?

sometimes when it freezes, yes, but it's always happening every single time I start up something that uses the controller, it doesn't matter how many and what programs I have running, it just happens when I try to start something that uses the DS4, so it doesn't seem like it is TeamSpeak that is causing it for me, or I'm pretty sure about that. (I'm playing with the controller plugged in with USB btw, not wireless/BlueTooth, if that has anything to do with the problem.)
I've found a way around it though (as I mentioned in my earlier post), so I'm not having freezing issues when I do that (I've got no idea why it works though)
(if you need my system specs, they are in my post at the bottom of page 24)
(12-06-2013, 04:40 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: [ -> ]I have official Sony DualShock 2 controllers as well and could presumably grab an adapter to be able to use it via USB, hmm?
I wouldn't mind doing so if that meant I could use vibration functions.
That should work well. Make sure whatever adapter you have supports vibration. It may still require installing a driver, though.

(12-06-2013, 07:48 AM)Pro_info Wrote: [ -> ]I have another question :
Will it be possible to disable the emulation xbox?
(because the problems is that L2 & R2 are considered a single axis)

Thanks
If you don't want to use XInput, then, just don't use this program? The DS4 supports DirectInput by default, right?
yes of course, but I would not have the support of the rest (such as vibration gyro & touchpad in the future)^^
(12-06-2013, 07:48 AM)Pro_info Wrote: [ -> ]Tests have been done, and it turns out that the low consumption LEDs, has a minimal impact on battery life. (negligible)

I unfortunately over the link, look quickly on google, I found it yesterday.

Ah, that really sucks. Closedeyes Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just leave it on low, just to tell that the controller is still on if I set it down.
Once again, thankyou for adding rumble support!

Any chance of adding auto off while not being used after a certain amount of time to save battery?
(12-06-2013, 03:05 PM)SniperControl Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of adding auto off while not being used after a certain amount of time to save battery?

Not at the moment

I have made some progress last night with touchpad readings over BT and USB but so far still looking into understanding the values it reports.
I will be setting up IRC Chat tonight so i can get better details form people having issues
Okay, i went through the hellish torment in making this account for 1 to say how greatful i am that this works 'on my computer it does'

However iv been sitting on these forums checking and enabling every single fix possible from unistalling drivers and re installing them to even doing windows updates i just want my girlfriends PS4 controller to work on Warframe the thing is though i transferred the files from my computer to hers also the ps4 controller doesn't seem to work in the main menu like it does using your very amazing software Laugh all i want is something that works! very muchly appreciated in advance Smile