..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-03-2014, 09:46 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I forked the project at the 1.3RC point to become "DS4Windows" and several other developers have been building upon both DS4Tool and DS4Windows.''

All of these different branches are being developed in the open on Google Code and github, so anyone is free to contribute to their development. Check out both threads if you are interested in following their progress.

As an end user, I have to be honest and say, all I want is a single, definitive version.
Standard DS4Tool 1.3 RC3 is working fairly well for me - it could do with some tweaks / stability fixes - but for the most part it's good.

It's a slight worry that there's gonna be so many different ones. I guess I'll just try all of them unfortunately and see which one has the most active development.
(04-26-2014, 10:02 AM)ham_juggler Wrote: [ -> ]Ok guys, I've made a video on how to pair things properly with the DS4.
The video assumes you already have all the necessary software installed correctly.
If you follow this process and it doesn't work, perhaps your driver is bad or something went wrong somewhere!

Hope it helps some of the newbies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slsrRI1nLYY

Question, How do you make the program recognize the controller again when you connect it again after the initial pair? Say, I do the first pairing today, make the tool do it's thing, play and then turn off my computer. The next day I turn on my computer, turn on the DS4 (it connects correctly to the computer) but the program doesn't recognize it and can't do it's thing, like, it doesn't recognize it if it isn't "the first time it's been connected". Help?
(05-05-2014, 08:16 AM)Dazuam Wrote: [ -> ]Question, How do you make the program recognize the controller again when you connect it again after the initial pair? Say, I do the first pairing today, make the tool do it's thing, play and then turn off my computer. The next day I turn on my computer, turn on the DS4 (it connects correctly to the computer) but the program doesn't recognize it and can't do it's thing, like, it doesn't recognize it if it isn't "the first time it's been connected". Help?

As I mention in my reply on the video.
When you first turn your PC on and then sync the DS4 controller, it's like... it's in "Windows Game Controller" mode - it's like the emulation from the DS4 tool hasn't kicked in.

The best way to ensure that you know it's in "DS4Tool" mode is to stop and start the DS4 tool, it will then turn off the light (if that's your setting) or change colour (if that's your setting) etc.

Stopping and starting the DS4Tool seems to "take control" of the controller again properly.
You can tell because if you hit "controllers" and open the Windows / Gaming controller box, you'll see only a single Xbox 360 controller - then you know it's working properly.

About 1 in 15 times it just stuffs up completely Sad I need to remove the controller entirely from BT Devices, then I need to re-install the drivers (SCP) ??!! then do the whole process in the video again - about once a fortnight. But otherwise my methods seems to be working consistently.
(05-01-2014, 04:28 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I regret to say that i most likely will not be coming back to actively work on this in any near future.

This project has been a pleasure and time well spent, thank you for all your feedback.

I hope that DS4Tool will keep getting better/improved by all other devs.

Understandable. Sometimes real life matters can really eat away at anyone's spare time. Anyway, you have done so much already so thanks for that. Because of your tool, I am using a DS4 as my primary PC gamepad. It certainly feels more comfortable than anything else I have ever used before.

I too hope someone else can continue where you left off. A tool like this deserves to be perfected.
Scpserver works perfectly with my controller connected with a cable, once I try to connect with bluetooth it doesn't work for me though. My bluetooth device has connected the controller to my pc but when I use the Scpserver it says: "System.Indexoutofrangeexception". I have tried several things like using different versions of Scpserver (1.2.2 & 1.3), updating drivers etc.

Anyone with any ideas how to solve this please?Smile
(05-01-2014, 04:28 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, guys. I know its been a while since i posted here.
I've been quite busy, and didn't have spare time to continune programming this on the side.

I regret to say that i most likely will not be coming back to actively work on this in any near future.

This project has been a pleasure and time well spent, thank you for all your feedback.

I hope that DS4Tool will keep getting better/improved by all other devs.

InhexSTER, thank you so much for everything you've done. This tool made the DS4 worth buying all on its own.
So I am officially mad. I have been trying all day to get my DS4 to work with my bluetooth and can not get it. I have been working on it for at least 2 1/2. Using google and any other ways I could think of I have been unable to get it to work.

I have windows 7
Kivino BTD-400

It will recognize the ds4. Connect to it and the wrapper will notice its there for maybe .5seconds and then it disappears and the controller turns off. Any help is greatly appreciated.
(05-08-2014, 09:01 PM)HeroesNeverQuit Wrote: [ -> ]So I am officially mad. I have been trying all day to get my DS4 to work with my bluetooth and can not get it. I have been working on it for at least 2 1/2. Using google and any other ways I could think of I have been unable to get it to work.

I have windows 7
Kivino BTD-400

It will recognize the ds4. Connect to it and the wrapper will notice its there for maybe .5seconds and then it disappears and the controller turns off. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The bluetooth does not work with all BT adapters that well, the constant disappearing is one of the signs that the adapter you're using may not be one that works with it too well.
Figures. X360 for my pc it is then. 10 bucks for the wireless adapter is cheaper then buying a good bt adapter.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Asus+BT+...&source=hp
ASUS branded BT adapters utilize the Windows BT stack, and will be compatable with your choice of current software for DS4 to xinput wrappers. Also they are not much more expensive than the wireless adapter you speak of.
This one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6833320166 should do nicely

Adapters you want to avoid are ones that use the Toshiba BT stack. Chances are you have one of those. Before spending money, try uninstalling you adapter software, and let windows install basic windows drivers, that _might_ cause your BT adapter to use the Windows stack.
John