..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-20-2014, 12:41 PM)Crimor Wrote: [ -> ]switched to your version, still does the same.

do you have virtual bus driver 1.2.2 or newer and MS X360 tool? Does the DS4 tool say anything when you attempt to connect wirelessly?
I got 1.2.2 and x360 fully updated yeah, it says something about the index being outside the array.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong or something? I pair the controller, then start up the program, though the other way around yields nothing.
(05-20-2014, 04:47 PM)Crimor Wrote: [ -> ]I got 1.2.2 and x360 fully updated yeah, it says something about the index being outside the array.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong or something? I pair the controller, then start up the program, though the other way around yields nothing.

is that the entirety of the error? any change it gives trace info? and has this happened in every version of the tool that uve used or did any old versions or other forks work ok?
(05-18-2014, 06:44 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Did you enter the right pair code when pairing?

No, I didnt. But now I cant enter the code, becouse the windows dont ask. But at first time the dualshock works. Now even on usb it not.

When I connect, without the ds4 Mapper, at usb the controller works and also I can try the buttons. But when I start the software, the drivers change to something wrong.
Alright, I need some serious help on this issue.

Connection type: BT
Windows Version: Windows 8.1 x64
DS4 Tool Version: 1.2.2
Are you using Exclusive vs Shared mode: Yes/No (Either way it doesn't work)

Alright, so I went out and got an Asus Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle last night and wanted to try and install my PS4 wirelessly to my computer today. I installed the latest drivers, and I was able to install the PS4 drivers...or so I think. Thing is, whenever I try and install the drivers as a Wireless Controller, the controller just shuts off. Nothing. It still says it installs it however, and Wireless Controller appears in the Devices panel (shown below).

Next I try opening ScpServer.exe. I press the PS button and I see this message here: [Image: epg7XLu.png] I only did it once, but it appears twice for some reason. I also here the windows "connected device charm" once, and exactly five seconds later, the "disconnected device charm" twice. The lightbar on the controller goes from flashing white, to solid blue, to off. It stays blue for a quick second, shuts off, and about 2 seconds later I hear the "disconnected device charm" twice.

Here are the devices that I see in the Windows Devices panel at the same time. Wireless controller appears there, and currently the DS4 is off, showing no lights.
[Image: zmTY9nn.png]

Next, here is an image when I press the PS button on the controller.
[Image: rBQpcVO.png]

At the same time, in ScpServer.exe, this appears.
[Image: dn3IPlq.png]

Notice how it says the controller is there, and connected. EXACTLY 5 seconds later, as shown in my first image, it disconnects. It also says Battery: 10%, but I don't think that is accurate since I didn't use it all all (since I couldn't pair it), and I just got it from Amazon last night, in a new sealed box. I tried charging it for 30 minutes before like I said, and it still reads the same number.

I've tried rebooting, using an older version, re-installing the drivers, updating the drivers to the latest version, switching USB ports, everything I can possibly do, and I'm still stuck here. If you need any more information, or if you have advice/steps I should take/try please let me know. Thank you so much in advance to any help I can get here. I'm using an ASUS USB-BT400 Bluetooth Dongle, and according to this website: http://controllermax.com/instructions/co...-adapters/ it should be fully compatible and confirmed working.

Edit- Just reformatted. Still having the same exact issue as before. I also installed the Xbox 360 Drivers for Windows 7.1 x64, but it still doesn't want to stay connected.
some bluetooth drivers lets face it just do not work well for this kind of thing. Have you tried going hardwire?

Also sometimes its the default windows driver that is bad, uninstall driver this installs, then go into device manager and uninstall the controller plugin and the HID plugin that belongs to it as well. Unplug controller and plug it back in for a fresh install, then start over from the beginning.
(05-22-2014, 10:27 AM)Jwalters0814 Wrote: [ -> ]some bluetooth drivers lets face it just do not work well for this kind of thing. Have you tried going hardwire?

Also sometimes its the default windows driver that is bad, uninstall driver this installs, then go into device manager and uninstall the controller plugin and the HID plugin that belongs to it as well. Unplug controller and plug it back in for a fresh install, then start over from the beginning.

As I said in the post, the dongle was listed on a website that has it under "confirmed working", and I had already tried your advice of uninstalling the driver that installs the Wireless Controller while the device attempts to pair. The light bar is suppose to stay solid white, but after a second or so of installing the drivers, it turns off. The installation progress bar on my computer still continues though. I'm not using wires at all during the installation as it is done over bluetooth, zero wires, everything is just bluetooth pairing.

I also may have forgotten to mention that I tried it with a hardwire and it works fine, I was able to play Dark Souls 2 with zero hiccups when I had it manually attached to my computer. Bluetooth appears to be the issue here.

Is there a way to install the controllers bluetooth drivers via hard-wire or internet download? I have a working micro-usb cable, but in the end I just want to work with it wirelessly.
If only there was a fan made bluetooth driver on googlecode or git somewhere xD

Edit:
I have to uncheck hide controller in order to get my bluetooth working with it. But when I do that, there becomes a problem with sleeping dogs. Everything seems to work fine until I actually take control of Wei. I can move through the menus and pause and everything, but soon as I go to move Wei, I am unable to move him.

Edit 2: Rechecked hide DS4 and now everything works. Why would it not work the initial time but work everything afterward? As long as it's working I guess lol. Internal Aethoros Killer wireless bluetooth setup here. Too bad this isn't dolphin so that I can finally use my TR wiimote on the emulator without having to install another bluetooth driver Sad
SCPWii....Mmmmm.

Edit 3: found reproducable issue. whenever it goes into idle timeout on bluetooth and hide ds4 is checked, the service will always say connecting and will never connect until i uncheck (and/or recheck) hide ds4. Then it will work again. Any idea about this (J2K Version)?

Also, can you move the xmls back to the folder that the program is in? The consumers like to keep track or keep clean their machines and the appdata spot is a troublesome spot to keep going to. Gamers complain about that many times that companies keep putting save files all over their computers instead of in the actual game folder for pc games and that is one of the things Byuu is always criticized for in his emulators. Pretty pweeeease *bats eyes*.

Disconnecting the cord (when in plugged in mode) turns the light off completely (which is good). But pressing the stop service button, keeps the light on (which is not good).
I cannot for the life of me connect my ds4 to my laptop via bluetooth. I enter it into pairing mode, my pc discovers it, I then connect it. It tells me that the connection was successful, but this program still cannot find it. The symbol for 'wireless controller' appears transparent, and when I press the home button on the controller, it just blinks for a second then turns off. I've been googling this for a few hours and can't find any reason why this is. I've got it fully charged, and it works flawlessly if I have it plugged into the pc.
(05-23-2014, 12:59 AM)Havacore Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot for the life of me connect my ds4 to my laptop via bluetooth. I enter it into pairing mode, my pc discovers it, I then connect it. It tells me that the connection was successful, but this program still cannot find it. The symbol for 'wireless controller' appears transparent, and when I press the home button on the controller, it just blinks for a second then turns off. I've been googling this for a few hours and can't find any reason why this is. I've got it fully charged, and it works flawlessly if I have it plugged into the pc.

You paired using a code correct? Also you don't have any other devices connected via bluetooth do you? You have Idle Disconnect set to 0 in the tool right?

(05-22-2014, 06:56 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]If only there was a fan made bluetooth driver on googlecode or git somewhere xD

Edit:
I have to uncheck hide controller in order to get my bluetooth working with it. But when I do that, there becomes a problem with sleeping dogs. Everything seems to work fine until I actually take control of Wei. I can move through the menus and pause and everything, but soon as I go to move Wei, I am unable to move him.

Edit 2: Rechecked hide DS4 and now everything works. Why would it not work the initial time but work everything afterward? As long as it's working I guess lol. Internal Aethoros Killer wireless bluetooth setup here. Too bad this isn't dolphin so that I can finally use my TR wiimote on the emulator without having to install another bluetooth driver Sad
SCPWii....Mmmmm.

Edit 3: found reproducable issue. whenever it goes into idle timeout on bluetooth and hide ds4 is checked, the service will always say connecting and will never connect until i uncheck (and/or recheck) hide ds4. Then it will work again. Any idea about this (J2K Version)?

Also, can you move the xmls back to the folder that the program is in? The consumers like to keep track or keep clean their machines and the appdata spot is a troublesome spot to keep going to. Gamers complain about that many times that companies keep putting save files all over their computers instead of in the actual game folder for pc games and that is one of the things Byuu is always criticized for in his emulators. Pretty pweeeease *bats eyes*.

Disconnecting the cord (when in plugged in mode) turns the light off completely (which is good). But pressing the stop service button, keeps the light on (which is not good).

Best to ask these questions in the J2K thread, this thread is for a different fork, but it is being worked on and I will have my version fixed shortly and pass along the fix to J2K.