..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-27-2014, 05:45 AM)Hellreaver Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to compile this c# code under Ubuntu with mono to Configure it to be a DS4 to Xpad Wrapper? I just barely started learning C# Two days ago, And it's going slow. Thanks in advance.
Edit: Just realized how complicated this is, But it's a beautiful program, I'm hoping it will work.

It relies too heavily on the .net framework, its not just c#.
(06-27-2014, 05:49 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]It relies too heavily on the .net framework, its not just c#.

Mono for Linux is basically the open-source version of .net, or so i thought. My idea was to run the DS4 tool as a daemon, if possible.
(06-27-2014, 05:51 AM)Hellreaver Wrote: [ -> ]Mono for Linux is basically the open-source version of .net, or so i thought. My idea was to run the DS4 tool as a daemon, if possible.

That may work for small apps, but complex programs that leverage .net 4 are almost certain to be non portable
(06-27-2014, 05:55 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]That may work for small apps, but complex programs that leverage .net 4 are almost certain to be non portable

Is there any headway to be made, or is it best to give up at this point? I Really enjoy using the DS4 but really dislike windows, wastes 50% of my cpu on 'System', Very virus-prone for my grandma when i visit her and she uses it, etc, and i would really enjoy using it on linux or possibly Steam OS. (On my other rig.)
You could try writing a native driver. Driver creation in linux is pretty basic.
(06-27-2014, 06:02 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]You could try writing a native driver. Driver creation in linux is pretty basic.

I just find this software to be very easy to use and very well put together. There's already one - I just don't find that it's as nice as DS4 to xinput wrapper
See ds4drv
(06-27-2014, 06:07 AM)Hellreaver Wrote: [ -> ]I just find this software to be very easy to use and very well put together. There's already one - I just don't find that it's as nice as DS4 to xinput wrapper
See ds4drv

Well its probably much easier to build on that seeing as how your starting with something that already works as opposed to spending the next month or so writing custom methods for ones missing with the ported .net library. After the core functionality works the rest is just features and gui.
HELLLLPPPP!!!

downloaded DS4Tool 1.2.2 and got the controller to be recognized in dark souls 2 but im getting the spinning camera and incorrectly mapped buttons problem. I would try checking the "Hide DS4" box, but who ever made the 1.2.2 patch did not include the Hidlibrary.dll file in the latest version and I have no options menu or anything...I tried using 1.2.1 but it wouldn't pick up the controller...any fixes???
(06-27-2014, 08:08 PM)Blankets_McGee Wrote: [ -> ]HELLLLPPPP!!!

downloaded DS4Tool 1.2.2 and got the controller to be recognized in dark souls 2 but im getting the spinning camera and incorrectly mapped buttons problem. I would try checking the "Hide DS4" box, but who ever made the 1.2.2 patch did not include the Hidlibrary.dll file in the latest version and I have no options menu or anything...I tried using 1.2.1 but it wouldn't pick up the controller...any fixes???
Not sure where you downloaded it from but the 1.2.2 on here has the hidlibrary.dll file in it.
(06-27-2014, 05:51 AM)Hellreaver Wrote: [ -> ]Mono for Linux is basically the open-source version of .net, or so i thought. My idea was to run the DS4 tool as a daemon, if possible.

Mono is more interesting than that.
You can have a windows application that was compiled .net, and without any conversion, mono can run it in native linux, without any form of recompile.
Some instructions for it are here http://www.mono-project.com/Guide:Runnin...plications