..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-31-2014, 02:19 PM)CyberPunked Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue connecting using bluetooth. I connect the DS4 but after about 5 seconds the light goes off at the back and it disconnects and is removed as a device..
The chipset is Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR8510 A10 4.0) and is Bluetooth 4.0.
I really have no idea where to look.

I have never worked with this chipset before but it is very possible that it is not compatible with the tool, Broadcom chipsets using Windows drivers have the highest success rate.
can someone please assist me? This is working in windows, but never in-game. tried Fifa and Dead Souls 2, and in dead souls the camera just spins randomly, buttons arent registered correctly etc. In Fifa, it mistakes the buttons as well, and every time i try to select something in the in-game menus, it skips to spots instead of moving to the correct option. It's incredibly frustrating, I don't want to have to buy an xbox controller for this... Please if anyone has any idea about how to fix this.
(08-14-2014, 11:01 AM)latProd Wrote: [ -> ]can someone please assist me? This is working in windows, but never in-game. tried Fifa and Dead Souls 2, and in dead souls the camera just spins randomly, buttons arent registered correctly etc. In Fifa, it mistakes the buttons as well, and every time i try to select something in the in-game menus, it skips to spots instead of moving to the correct option. It's incredibly frustrating, I don't want to have to buy an xbox controller for this... Please if anyone has any idea about how to fix this.

You just need to check the hide DS4 option
So some help please! I got everything good with USB but issues with BLuetooth. I purchased this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EW3W...UTF8&psc=1

And once only it detected the controller then wouldnt sync. Now it just never sees the DS4 ever. Even before it showed it once it would show multiple times... Any ideas? Thanks.

(Running Windows 8.1)
So, I've got this tool working fine through USB but I have a lot of issues using it over bluetooth. I'm using this adapter, and after a ton of trouble I've managed to have it connect properly.

Before installing the drivers provided with the adapter (because my computer wouldnt read the disc), I could get my controller paired through windows' bluetooth tools and working through DS4tool but nothing else would take inputs from it; games would see it but it wouldn't do anything. The very first time I paired it, XInput tester would recieve the inputs, but games wouldn't see it. After trying to re-pair it, not even the controller settings or xinput could see it, but it was still in DS4tool and the lightbar color could be changed.

After I managed to get the official drivers installed, I couldn't pair it at all. The only way I managed to pair it was by instead of clicking next to pair, I right clicked, went to properties, and clicked on the services tab. That brought up a notification that it was trying to pair, so I clicked it. It'd also bring up a second notification that it wanted to pair, but if I clicked THAT one then it would be paired but not connected. So by just clicking the first notification, I have it paired and working in games (well, just the one that I tried). But now, DS4Tool cant see it. I get an error saying "System.IndextOutOfRangeExeception: Index was outside the bounds of the array..." Then some more technical stuff.

So how can I get this thing to pair and work through DS4tool correctly? Please don't tell me its the adapter, I really don't want to go through returning it and getting a different one. If I have to uninstall the CSR Harmony drivers, then I would just need to get games detecting the controller properly. The controller works perfectly through USB, in DS4tool and games..
(08-13-2014, 12:56 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]I have never worked with this chipset before but it is very possible that it is not compatible with the tool, Broadcom chipsets using Windows drivers have the highest success rate.

I'm having the same problem and I would love if the compatibility could be updated. Any chance at all on this? Maddeningly, a customer review on Amazon reported that my dongle works perfectly with the DS4, and so I bought it immediately. But no, index outside bounds of array, every time.

This is the dongle, one of the top results on amazon UK, 145 mostly glowing reviews... totally useless Sad

Absurd Laugh

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F0...UTF8&psc=1
(08-17-2014, 09:31 PM)Daedal Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same problem and I would love if the compatibility could be updated. Any chance at all on this? Maddeningly, a customer review on Amazon reported that my dongle works perfectly with the DS4, and so I bought it immediately. But no, index outside bounds of array, every time.

This is the dongle, one of the top results on amazon UK, 145 mostly glowing reviews... totally useless Sad

Absurd Laugh

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F0...UTF8&psc=1
Have you dried switching stacks/drivers?
(08-17-2014, 09:38 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Have you dried switching stacks/drivers?

Yes several times Smile

I will explain the results! (Win 7 64-bit)

- Both the CSR drivers that are provided and also the Toshiba drivers allow pairing and also give 'Wireless Controller' in Game Controllers panel, but 'Index out of bounds of array' error occurs in DS4 to XInput.

- Uninstalling all drivers and allowing Windows basic Bluetooth drivers to install allows pairing - but nothing appears in game controllers panel, and 'HID-compliant game controller' does not appear in device manager.

'Wireless Game Controller' appears in devices and printers however - but the 'Services' tab shows a blue loading circle which disappears after 10 seconds - at which point controller pairing disconnects (Bluetooth Support service is started and running in Services.msc).

In removing 'Wireless Game Controller' from devices and printers/bluetooth devices and adding again, right clicking then clicking 'Services' before pairing completes will once again show a blue loading circle (no services are found).

So basically... the different drivers/stacks get stuck at opposite points. Blink

Finally, when attempting a Broadcom drivers installation, Bluetooth Software Installer stays at phase 1, 'Detect Bluetooth Device' indefinitely.

Anything else I could try...?
(08-18-2014, 01:46 AM)Daedal Wrote: [ -> ]Yes several times Smile

I will explain the results! (Win 7 64-bit)

- Both the CSR drivers that are provided and also the Toshiba drivers allow pairing and also give 'Wireless Controller' in Game Controllers panel, but 'Index out of bounds of array' error occurs in DS4 to XInput.

- Uninstalling all drivers and allowing Windows basic Bluetooth drivers to install allows pairing - but nothing appears in game controllers panel, and 'HID-compliant game controller' does not appear in device manager.

'Wireless Game Controller' appears in devices and printers however - but the 'Services' tab shows a blue loading circle which disappears after 10 seconds - at which point controller pairing disconnects (Bluetooth Support service is started and running in Services.msc).

In removing 'Wireless Game Controller' from devices and printers/bluetooth devices and adding again, right clicking then clicking 'Services' before pairing completes will once again show a blue loading circle (no services are found).

So basically... the different drivers/stacks get stuck at opposite points. Blink

Finally, when attempting a Broadcom drivers installation, Bluetooth Software Installer stays at phase 1, 'Detect Bluetooth Device' indefinitely.

Anything else I could try...?

Ahh you got a toshiba adapter, Toshibas chipset is not compatible, sorry.
(08-18-2014, 01:48 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh you got a toshiba adapter, Toshibas chipset is not compatible, sorry.

I don't believe so actually, Toshiba is just another driver that I tried. The supplied drivers are only Cambridge Silicon Radio, but the Toshiba drivers do give the same effect - does that mean that they are similar then...?

Thanks for the replies, by the way.