..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-15-2013, 03:29 AM)Insanelycool Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you might need to charge that controller. If thats not it think back to what has changed since it was working. Are there lots of wifi networks in your area? (wifi analyzer app on android is great for checking this). Are there any appliances running near you? Microwave? Cordless phone? other bluetooth devices? Lots of wifi connected devices like laptop, PC, smartphone? Bluetooth is a radio signal in the 2.4ghz range so any EMI that affects wifi will even more greatly affect BT due to its limited range/strength.

it was working perfectly fine yesterday NOTHING new in the area. the room only has wireless modem and my phone which isn't connected to wifi or data (all other devices are wired, mouse headset etc)
the program said the controller is 90% charged (30 min ago) and i was playing it on the ps3 today connected, wired charging for few hours.
wify analyzer has nothing except my wifi in the range.
(12-15-2013, 03:32 AM)mxzeal Wrote: [ -> ]it was working perfectly fine yesterday NOTHING is new in the area.. just wireless modem and my phone which isn't connected to wifi or data. everything else is wired..
the program said the controller is 90% charged and i was playing it on the ps3 today connected, wired charging for few hours.
wify analyzer has nothing except my wifi in the range.

Well in IT we have a saying, if it was working before then SOMETHING has changed. The worst case scenario is that the change was hardware failure, but overall that is a pretty rare thing once it has been working for a while.

What windows and BT stack and adapter are you using?
(12-15-2013, 03:51 AM)Insanelycool Wrote: [ -> ]Well in IT we have a saying, if it was working before then SOMETHING has changed. The worst case scenario is that the change was hardware failure, but overall that is a pretty rare thing once it has been working for a while.

What windows and BT stack and adapter are you using?

Windows 7 no idea what the names of the others are. all i know is the bluetooth is built into the motherboard(extreme rampage IV which is 2.1+) "asus bluetooth" no idea what a bt stack is.
edit after trying a million times i finally get an error message : "bluetooth peripheral device driver not found"
here is video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvF95FqmcPU
(12-15-2013, 03:55 AM)mxzeal Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 7 no idea what the names of the others are. all i know is the bluetooth is built into the motherboard(extreme rampage IV which is 2.1+) "asus bluetooth" no idea what a bt stack is.
edit after trying a million times i finally get an error message : "bluetooth peripheral device driver not found"
here is video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvF95FqmcPU

This may be of relevance to you:
(12-09-2013, 01:46 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Quote from PCGamer.com:

Looks like Windows 7 Bluetooth stack has issues with DS4. I assume it's limited to certain dongles / drivers
I tested ASUS USB-BT211, and it works ok in Windows 8.1 but has very small range

FWIW, I'm using an ASUS mobo (max formula VI), but on W8.1 with no issues or lag on BT.
(12-15-2013, 06:48 AM)Insanelycool Wrote: [ -> ]This may be of relevance to you:

FWIW, I'm using an ASUS mobo (max formula VI), but on W8.1 with no issues or lag on BT.

not really sure how that helps me.. don't want to upgrade to win 8 for this xD
everything was working perfectly fine before i updated to beta 3.
What is a good Bluetooth adapter to use? The one I've been using has been decent but if I'm say 3-4 feet away from it it disconnects lol.

Looking to upgrade anyway. Don't wanna spend an arm and a leg on one.
Probably something less than $20. But if cheaper than that then that's even better!
I'm using this BT adapter http://tinyurl.com/ktlkdfu to start with, running win 7 64bit.

I'm experiencing some major input issues, like latency and just complete failure to recognize button presses.

In beta 2 update 1 it wasn't too bad, just minor input delay. However with the release of beta 3, the emulator is completely failing some button presses (no specific buttons) and the analogue sticks seem to be snapping to 15 degree intervals and only two distances from center, it's really strange. All of the other features seem to be working correctly such as rumble and the light control.

When I use x360ce I don't encounter any of these issues, response time is not even apparent. I don't get any rumble with x360ce though, so I'd like to keep using this tool but that's not possible with this latest update and to a lesser extent with 2.1.
First post Smile wanted to say thanks to the OP. It's wonderful that you've gotten all of the features of the DS4 working now. It hasn't really been flawless to me. Though it's probably some kind of hardware and Windows 7 issue.

(12-15-2013, 09:14 AM)Lousaydus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using this BT adapter http://tinyurl.com/ktlkdfu to start with, running win 7 64bit.

I'm experiencing some major input issues, like latency and just complete failure to recognize button presses.

In beta 2 update 1 it wasn't too bad, just minor input delay. However with the release of beta 3, the emulator is completely failing some button presses (no specific buttons) and the analogue sticks seem to be snapping to 15 degree intervals and only two distances from center, it's really strange. All of the other features seem to be working correctly such as rumble and the light control.

When I use x360ce I don't encounter any of these issues, response time is not even apparent. I don't get any rumble with x360ce though, so I'd like to keep using this tool but that's not possible with this latest update and to a lesser extent with 2.1.

Exact same thing man. I tested out some Dust: An Elysian Tail and DmC last night and noticed a few times that I had to press a button 2 or 3 times for it to respond. As you can imagine, that is very frustrating in games like that, that need absolute precise controls. I've also noticed with this driver my BT connection seems more unstable. I even randomly lose connection using a USB cable as well. I think this might be a design flaw of the controller though, as I've seen a few people have similar issues. It's completely random if this happens or not, sometimes I'm fine for 1-2 hours, sometimes only 5-10 minutes. The most frustrating thing is I have to restart steam and my game every time my controller disconnects with this driver Sad

I was using x360ce before as well, and it seems the bluetooth/wired connection is much more stable. Didn't notice any input lag either. I'll probably go back to using it as there's less hassles for me, and wait for this driver to mature a bit more Tongue. Though, no rumble/led support sucks.

And yeah, I'm at a loss on if I should upgrade my Bluetooth Dongle or not. I believe I'm running a BT 2.0 EDR Dongle and it's been fine for my Wii Controller and DS3, though spotty with the DS4. Does anyone think upgrading to a BT 4.0 Dongle would improve the connectivity a bit? Or do you think it's mostly a problem with the Windows 7 BT stack? Can I even try another stack if I have a generic BT dongle? I'm a bit confused how these BT stacks work. I might even just upgrade to Windows 8 though... we'll see.
(12-15-2013, 03:18 AM)mxzeal Wrote: [ -> ]so i thought disconnecting the deivce from bluetooth and trying to reconnect it would fix.. but it made it 100x worst now i cant even stay connected to bluetooth for longer then 3 seconds it goes off and on off an on it was connected to bluetooth for hours perfectly fine yesterday.. -_-
i think this controller is broken but i got it as a gift with no receipt.
this is whats happening :
1) "a bluetooth device is trying to connect click to allow"
2) successfully installs all drivers - "the device is ready for use!"
3) controller instantly loses connection, i press ps4 button blinks for 4 seconds then repeats step 1 and 2
help? how do i check bluetooth compatibility settings?

I had this problem using my bluetooth dongle with the manufacturer drivers, uninstalling the manufacturer drivers and doing work with native drivers windows, no problem.

PS : I use this dongle http://www.amazon.fr/Inateck-adaptateurV...B00F0CG0N4 , no problem
(12-15-2013, 03:18 AM)mxzeal Wrote: [ -> ]so i thought disconnecting the deivce from bluetooth and trying to reconnect it would fix.. but it made it 100x worst now i cant even stay connected to bluetooth for longer then 3 seconds it goes off and on off an on it was connected to bluetooth for hours perfectly fine yesterday.. -_-
i think this controller is broken but i got it as a gift with no receipt.
this is whats happening :
1) "a bluetooth device is trying to connect click to allow"
2) successfully installs all drivers - "the device is ready for use!"
3) controller instantly loses connection, i press ps4 button blinks for 4 seconds then repeats step 1 and 2
help? how do i check bluetooth compatibility settings?

Another option you can try...

First just remove the controller from Bluetooth Devices and start fresh. For some reason I can never pair my controller via BT using the 'A bluetooth device is trying to connect' popup box. So I usually ignore that, right click on the BT system tray icon, go "Add Device" then pair using a code (the middle option). I use 0000 for the pairing code. Works a charm for me.

See if that makes any difference.