..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so, in the interest of compatibility, I'm going to post my PC specs here:

Asus G55VW Republic of Gamers laptop
Windows 7 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 2GB
12GB RAM
USB 3.0
Atheros Bluetooth adapter -- SIW says the Device ID is USB\VID_13D3&PID_3362\ALASKA_DAY_2006
Microsoft Bluetooth Stack

With these specs, I'm getting absolutely flawless functionality in the newest release of DS4Tool (1.1 beta 3). No lag, no connection issues, no loss of rumble, nothing at all. I've tested the controller with Super Meat Boy, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition, Alan Wake, Prince of Persia 2008, Dark Souls, and Outlast, so there's been a variety of newer and older games. I haven't had a single problem with any of them. I've also used the controller directly in Steam's Big Picture mode, and everything works great.

If there's any more info I can provide that may help out, let me know. I want everyone to be able to use this amazing program as much as possible.
Is turning bluetooth on your computer off the same as turning the controller off? I mean the controller wont keep looking for a signal right?

More importantly, it was working awesome. I just turned the tool off, and now when i started it again its not detecting it. What should i do?
(12-16-2013, 01:00 PM)silbery Wrote: [ -> ]Is turning bluetooth on your computer off the same as turning the controller off? I mean the controller wont keep looking for a signal right?

More importantly, it was working awesome. I just turned the tool off, and now when i started it again its not detecting it. What should i do?
You press and hold the play station button for about 15 seconds for the controller to turn off. I believe that you need to do this before reconnecting the controller.
(12-15-2013, 03:18 AM)mxzeal Wrote: [ -> ]so i thought disconnecting the deivce from bluetooth and trying to reconnect it would fix.. but it made it 100x worst now i cant even stay connected to bluetooth for longer then 3 seconds it goes off and on off an on it was connected to bluetooth for hours perfectly fine yesterday.. -_-
i think this controller is broken but i got it as a gift with no receipt.
this is whats happening :
1) "a bluetooth device is trying to connect click to allow"
2) successfully installs all drivers - "the device is ready for use!"
3) controller instantly loses connection, i press ps4 button blinks for 4 seconds then repeats step 1 and 2
help? how do i check bluetooth compatibility settings?

This was the exact problem I had with DS4Tool when I started trying it out. I could get the thing to pair but it always started to instantly loose the connection the second it actually tried to connect. Interestingly it's working perfect now but I have no real idea what fixed my issue, but I can tell you the 2 things I did that I think might have solved my issues.
1) I installed the included antenna to my motherboard wireless/bluetooth port. I have an Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe. It came with antennas for wireless and bluetooth. When I was having the issues you describe, I didn't have them connected. I figured, it should be able to connect because it was able to see the controller and I was no more than arms length from the PC so I didn't think I needed it, but maybe it did need it since I am up and running.
2) I uninstalled the latest broadcom drivers for bluetooth (the ones I downloaded from broadcom's site) and used the older ones that were on my motherboard's support website. I don't think this did anything, but I needed to mention it since I did this in addition to adding the bluetooth antennas in the first part.

Hope that helps with your problem. Check if your board has an antenna. I didn't notice any lag when I was testing 1.1 beta 1 with Batman Arkham Origins. I have tried 1.1 beta 2, but haven't gotten around to trying beta 3.

One thing though, I highly recommend making a full system drive backup that you can restore from, or at the very least enabling system restore while you try fixing the problem. I ran into a weird issue where I couldn't get the bluetooth drivers to work anymore, it kept giving me an error where it always said there was no bluetooth hardware even if it was enabled in the bios (I even did several restarts, and even a cold power down and boot). I couldn't seem to fix it till I restored my system from my previous backup.

Lastly, Thanks op for making this program.
Just an update, this week i will be looking into issues with Windows 7, can't make any promises because it might be official driver related. (HID Drivers)
After that i will be taking time off during holidays. I am working on this project in my spare time.
Hopefully in early January i will be opening google code project for this.
(12-16-2013, 07:55 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Just an update, this week i will be looking into issues with Windows 7, can't make any promises because it might be official driver related. (HID Drivers)
After that i will be taking time off during holidays. I am working on this project in my spare time.

I feel that the program is in a place in development where that is perfect timing. You've gotten all functionality and then some working, with only a few fringe cases having problems. Have a great holiday, you definitely deserve it Wink
(12-16-2013, 07:55 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Just an update, this week i will be looking into issues with Windows 7, can't make any promises because it might be official driver related. (HID Drivers)

Hello. Thank you very much for your amazing work. I have been looking forward for a tool like yours since DS4 was announced and incredibly fast your tool is almost perfect, BUT there are issues when enabling/disabling the touchpad in games like Dark Souls in the middle of the game, because of the use of L1 and R1 as mouse buttons, making it also impossible to play most games with it enabled all the time (which would be more comfortable).

Could you please, (please...) do another build more before holidays implementing one of the following options?:

- Touchpad emulation with no other change for the button configuration (leaving L1 and R1 as LB and RB in X360 all the time)
- Touchpad emulation with touchpad click as left mouse button, or other config options (maybe Options or Share buttons as mouse buttons?)

Thank you very much for your amazing tool

KodevEx

I joined this site to give you this info.
I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I have had the drivers issue.

Before installing ANY driver I needed to install Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and allow unsigned drivers to install(Test mode). This allowed your tool to install correctly and fully function. Don't forget to remove the programs watermark.
Actually, I'd like to add something. I've been using this on my Win8 laptop and it works near flawlessly, but on my Win7 laptop, it doesn't. On Win7, the program only seems to detect the controller about one in every four or so tries, and any attempts to close the program lock up the computer, forcing a hard reset.

No idea what the problem could be as I have all the prerequisites, but it seems to be limited only to Win7 x64. Hopefully it's not too complicated of a fix Unsure
Sorry to repost this, but I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be:

(12-14-2013, 01:20 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]With the touchpad support, I noticed if I swipe on the touchpad and stop but leave my finger on the touchpad, there's a bit of momentum from the cursor, after my finger stops, thus making me slip from targets. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be like this or not, but I'd like an option to remove it. I'm using the controller via bluetooth and I haven't tried the touchpad via usb.

Also have you thought about multi touch support for gestures like scrolling, and double tap on it for right click?