..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-19-2013, 04:35 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]So essentially either Windows 7 kernel32.dll has some flaw or Uplay

It isn't only Windows 7. I had Windows 7 installed on my PC, and I had the UPlay problem. Upgraded to Windows 8, still had the problem. Installed Windows 8.1, and the problem is gone. So it seems to happen on everything BUT Windows 8.1.
(12-19-2013, 06:21 AM)Lousaydus Wrote: [ -> ]Any news on the lag issues with the latest two builds? I think when you swapped over to reading HID reports it caused this issue for some of us.

Are you experiencing input lag over USB as well?

(12-19-2013, 06:49 AM)JaganBSlamma Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't only Windows 7. I had Windows 7 installed on my PC, and I had the UPlay problem. Upgraded to Windows 8, still had the problem. Installed Windows 8.1, and the problem is gone. So it seems to happen on everything BUT Windows 8.1.

Ah, good to know. I've been using 8.1 for development.
(12-19-2013, 06:51 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Are you experiencing input lag over USB as well?

No it only seems to happen over BT
Can someone show me same dialog for controller in Windows 8.0?

It seems they have new drivers in windows 8.1 (ver 6.3.9600)

On Windows 7 its looking like they have been updating these
It might explain why BT on Windows 8.1 works better with DS4
Input Lag & Sticking on Bluetooth - my experience using a DS4 over Bluetooth

I have 3 systems -

Test System - desktop with USB 3.0 hub sitting under monitor, dongle plugged in to hub : DS3/DS4 no lag or sticking

HTPC System - mini with USB 3.0 hub sitting next to TV, dongle plugged in to hub : DS3/DS4 no lag or sticking

Games System - desktop with USB 3.0 hub sitting under monitor, dongle in to hub : DS3 no lag or sticking, DS4 constant lag and sticking

USB 3.0 Hubs all same make and model.

After messing about forever with settings and switching dongles between machines, I remembered that my Samsung 3D monitor on my Games System uses Bluetooth to connect to it's Glasses. Moved the USB Hub to sit at the left side of my keyboard (6 inches forward, 6 inches left) - DS4 now has zero lag or sticking.

Conclusion from this is that the DS4 has much weaker signal strength than DS3, your dongle should be placed well away from other RF sources.
(12-19-2013, 11:50 AM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: [ -> ]Conclusion from this is that the DS4 has much weaker signal strength than DS3, your dongle should be placed well away from other RF sources.

When you say "from other RF resources", does this include the X360 receiver (which is not BT), for example? I have been having problems with Motioninjoy with my DS3 in the past to play via BT from 2'5/3 meters, which I think is a ridiculously short distance over BT. Maybe that was related? Will my distance problems over BT be worse with the DS4?
(12-19-2013, 04:23 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]First version doesn't actually "talk" back to the controller so i used DirectInput api to receive input. Now when i need more data i read it through HID reports which seems produce different results with Toshiba drivers. I might make a special build for you to test out.

Am also in for the testing... Have a fin filled Xmas n New year
(12-19-2013, 06:51 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Are you experiencing input lag over USB as well?

Ah, good to know. I've been using 8.1 for development.

Yes also in usb but it's just once in game play, like for about 10 sec
Hello, great work!
But i have a problems with ds4+Logitech f710, sometimes lag gamepads on 2-3 sec.
Windows 7 x64 (nootebok sony vaio) Sad

p.s: sorry for my bad English.
Hi all!
I have a problem
I installed the drivers and software (DS4Tool_1.1_Beta_3.zip)
using usb-cabel - work perfect! was played 2 days, they bought BT adapter
using BT - at 1st launch all was perfect, but other try's DS4 dont wanna reconnect =(
I tried to reinstall the driver, restart the computer - nothing helped with BT

p.s. sorry for my english ^_^