..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-24-2013, 02:21 PM)andgtr08 Wrote: [ -> ]That's right, here solved the problem with this beta 2, we will wait for a fix on next update.

Update: I do still get the freezing issue, but nowhere near as often as before, and it actually seems to be random rather than every 30 seconds or so.
Bugger me if I haven't died far too often in Teleglitch because of it though.

I too would also like to see the source. Mainly because I want to see if I can help out with the Linux side of burgers with SteamOS.
SteamOS is bloody frickin super excellent! Except for the fact that nearly all gamepad enabled games require the trigger and right stick axis to be mapped differently. And some do not detect a pad at all.

Off the top of my head, the games that have issues are;
Proteus (trigger/right stick axis)
Hotline Miami (trigger/right stick axis)
Stealth Basterd Deluxe (No detection at all)
Serious Sam (No detection)
Teleglitch (trigger/right stick axis)

Super Meat Boy works great, as do quite a few others.

I wish developers weren't so friggin lazy (esp indies) and actually included better customization options.
Thank you for the tool, so far it has been working pretty well.

I've been using it to play Final Fantasy XIV to enable rumble and when it works it is great, but over USB, I've noticed a few times that it'll completely drop input, which requires unplugging and replugging in the controller. When I do that, the wrapper loses connection to it, and then the game takes exclusive control which prevents the wrapper from reconnecting to the controller.

Is there a way to put the wrapper in place so it will intercept a controller being plugged in before the game has access to it?
(12-25-2013, 10:40 AM)lukensteinz Wrote: [ -> ]Update: I do still get the freezing issue, but nowhere near as often as before, and it actually seems to be random rather than every 30 seconds or so.
Bugger me if I haven't died far too often in Teleglitch because of it though.

I too would also like to see the source. Mainly because I want to see if I can help out with the Linux side of burgers with SteamOS.
SteamOS is bloody frickin super excellent! Except for the fact that nearly all gamepad enabled games require the trigger and right stick axis to be mapped differently. And some do not detect a pad at all.

Off the top of my head, the games that have issues are;
Proteus (trigger/right stick axis)
Hotline Miami (trigger/right stick axis)
Stealth Basterd Deluxe (No detection at all)
Serious Sam (No detection)
Teleglitch (trigger/right stick axis)

Super Meat Boy works great, as do quite a few others.

I wish developers weren't so friggin lazy (esp indies) and actually included better customization options.

Interesting, I played for an hour on 3 different games and not happened to me this problem. What type of connection do you have? I use USB. Still could not test on BT.
(12-25-2013, 12:12 AM)iGordy Wrote: [ -> ]The Add a device wizard in this version of Windows lets you connect a Bluetooth! On your DS4 holl down share and ps button intel the blinks, and on your windows tray bar fund a bluetooth icon and right klick Ad a device!
Thanks! Now my DS4 works well via bluetooth (asus p8p67 MB built-in BT) and every game works with "DS4 To XInput Wrapper" with no freeze lag, etc.
DS4 To XInput Wrapper is an almost ideal tool. Some non-critical features would be nice to implement (minimize to tray on startup, default led brightness set, something else).
Thanks to the author and all the people who help to develop this great tool!
(12-25-2013, 07:54 PM)andgtr08 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, I played for an hour on 3 different games and not happened to me this problem. What type of connection do you have? I use USB. Still could not test on BT.

USB as well mate. Can't get the bluetooth to connect at all.
Are you also using SteamOS?
(12-25-2013, 09:06 PM)delite Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! Now my DS4 works well via bluetooth (asus p8p67 MB built-in BT) and every game works with "DS4 To XInput Wrapper" with no freeze lag, etc.
DS4 To XInput Wrapper is an almost ideal tool. Some non-critical features would be nice to implement (minimize to tray on startup, default led brightness set, something else).
Thanks to the author and all the people who help to develop this great tool!

No probs! I have buit in BT4 on my Maximus V Formula and i can see the cotrollers as BT Headsets but it wont pair witch the controller, due to the lack of the BT Headset driver for the DS4 on DS4TOOL and im hopping for the sound for the next uppdate! fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed! and thanks to the man hard working on this tool!
(12-25-2013, 10:34 PM)lukensteinz Wrote: [ -> ]USB as well mate. Can't get the bluetooth to connect at all.
Are you also using SteamOS?

Nope, I'm on Windows 7 x64 on Desktop and 8.1 x64 on Notebook.
(12-26-2013, 01:39 AM)andgtr08 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, I'm on Windows 7 x64 on Desktop and 8.1 x64 on Notebook.

If you read what I wrote properly, you'd see that I said those games had problems with pad support ONLY in SteamOS.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this wrapper at all. Except I'd love to see the source code.
Hey I have a problem and would love a answer if anyone could give it to me.
I followed the Steps you showed in the Youtube video however my DS4 doesn't seem to want to connect. It Shows up on my Bluetooth and when I click "Pair" however it doesn't Glow A Standard Colourful. I believe I have Beta2 Update 1, would downloading your Newest Update 2 perhaps fix this or could it be a problem with my Bluetooth Tongle ? Hopefully not because I paid $AU20 for it Sad USB Tongle is a DLinkBluetooth.
(12-26-2013, 07:21 AM)Raziel256 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I have a problem and would love a answer if anyone could give it to me.
I followed the Steps you showed in the Youtube video however my DS4 doesn't seem to want to connect. It Shows up on my Bluetooth and when I click "Pair" however it doesn't Glow A Standard Colourful. I believe I have Beta2 Update 1, would downloading your Newest Update 2 perhaps fix this or could it be a problem with my Bluetooth Tongle ? Hopefully not because I paid $AU20 for it Sad USB Tongle is a DLinkBluetooth.

Try pairing without a key or using 0000. It should be automatic.