..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HEy guys,

does anyone of you own Rayman Origins and please could test something? The game works for me BUT it's not running with 60FPS anymore. It's running around 55 to 57 FPS and I can't get it up to 60 anymore. It works fine with the XBOX controller though. Could any1 please test if it's the same for you!?
EDIT: Nevermind...
How would I completely uninstall anything that this program has touched?

My biggest problem right now is that when I don't have the program running and I have my DS4 plugged in, it is registered as a 360 controller with the messed up right analog sticks and shoulder buttons.

If I have ScpServer.exe running, then it registers fine as a 360 controller, but it also randomly lags out every half a minute for a few seconds.

To make it so it just runs solely as a DS4 directinput (which I want at this point due to me having xpadder), I have to run ScpServer.exe, then stop it and keep it minimized.

At this point, I feel it'd be easier for me to just uninstall then reinstall all my drivers normally so I could just use directinput, but I tried using uninstall on scpdriver, and it didn't fix my problems.
This is just a request, your program works great for me!

Can you add a button that'll turn off the DS4 controller? Would be much more convenient than holding the PS button down for so long. Thanks
The rumble is kind of weird... Instead of mapping to left and right rumble motors, it maps to a weak and a strong motor.

I noticed it in Batman Arkham Origins, when using the cryptographic sequencer it rumbles separately for the left and right sides. But instead of rumbling on the left side it just rumbled weakly, and the the right side just rumbled strong.

Is this something that can be fixed?

Other than that, everything works PERFECT. Bluetooth, USB, touchpad, everything. Laugh
(01-02-2014, 02:19 AM)munchkingman Wrote: [ -> ]How would I completely uninstall anything that this program has touched?

My biggest problem right now is that when I don't have the program running and I have my DS4 plugged in, it is registered as a 360 controller with the messed up right analog sticks and shoulder buttons.

If I have ScpServer.exe running, then it registers fine as a 360 controller, but it also randomly lags out every half a minute for a few seconds.

To make it so it just runs solely as a DS4 directinput (which I want at this point due to me having xpadder), I have to run ScpServer.exe, then stop it and keep it minimized.

At this point, I feel it'd be easier for me to just uninstall then reinstall all my drivers normally so I could just use directinput, but I tried using uninstall on scpdriver, and it didn't fix my problems.

If the DS4tool program isn't running it shouldn't have any issue showing up as a generic device... BUT.... the generic device does exactly what you are complaining about.... the first half depress(or is it second half?) of the L2 and R2 triggers the axis of the right stick. I have experienced this issue with only the generic drivers that are installed by plugging the controller in without running DS4Tool.

Edit: this is because the 360 controller and the DS4 handle the triggers on different axis! So most games will still try to use a 360 controller type configuration. unless you can map the buttons in the game, you probably wont have much luck without using a tool like this, or some sort of real driver that will change the axis.

Edit 2: to be more precise... the left and right triggers use only the Z-axis for the 360 controller and the right analog stick uses X and Y rotation... on the DS4 the right analog uses Z-axis AND Z-Rotation, while the triggers use X-rotation for the left and Y-Rotation for the right. Since the DS4 uses two separate rotations for the triggers, they have more range available. I would imagine that the Xbone controller will have more sensitive triggers like this as well, and may end up being a better driver to use for mapping this... but we wont get an official Xbone controller driver till later this year: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/control...23864.html (although someone did hack the controller to work already, just not sure if it might be something similar to this tool or not since I haven't looked into it much).

Edit 3: Mind sharing your system specs with us? I have noticed that the tool can absorb a small but significant amount of processor percentage. On my machine it can go as high as 3% (I'm on a 4ghz quad core intel with hyperthreading). It could be that this extra processing is lowering framerates slightly for people, and potentially causing the occasional input lag. I'm not for certain on this, but it seems logical.
Hey!

I just signed up to this forum to say 'thank you'.
This tool is working fabulously with a PS4 Controller playing Just Cause 2.

I was getting frustrated because I was getting straight away "ScpServer.exe has stopped working" as soon as I tried to open the program, so I came in search of this thread, uninstalled the old driver, then downloaded BETA 2, Forced installed the driver and then the program opened and everything was working, so again, thank you for taking time out of your day to help others like myself. You're a top bloke.

If you have a PayPal address please post it in the main thread, I will happily donate and I'm sure others will to.
(01-02-2014, 02:01 PM)braders1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, didn't get any form of reply.

ANY chance of this happening ???

If you check the very first post, you will see that button mapping is a planned feature. That will do what you are asking.
(01-01-2014, 08:57 PM)Sephisos Wrote: [ -> ]HEy guys,

does anyone of you own Rayman Origins and please could test something? The game works for me BUT it's not running with 60FPS anymore. It's running around 55 to 57 FPS and I can't get it up to 60 anymore. It works fine with the XBOX controller though. Could any1 please test if it's the same for you!?

I have the game but did not notice any frame rate drop due to DS4Tool. Not sure why it'd impact performance THAT much.