..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-06-2014, 11:06 PM)B15hop Wrote: [ -> ]Don't even bother.. Some people just think they are better than others..
So much for being humble.
Anyway nothing good comes from religion or politics in forums.. Best left alone..

+1 to this. Personal things should stay personal, and this is coming from a religious person, myself.

Anyway, welcome back, InhexSTER! I hope the holidays treated you well! I'm not ready to get back to real life yet. Tongue

Also, @B15hop, I suggest giving Xpadder a try. One of the older versions is still free (although it's absolutely worth the $10 for the most recent one, plus lifetime updates), and I've been using the DS4 with it without a single problem, both in default Wireless Controller mode and XInput mode using DS4tool. You can even map buttons and functions to the touchpad and PS button in Wireless Controller mode.
if I installed SCP for my DS3, do I still need this to get my DS4 working?
another question is that would this make my bluetooth dongle unusable for everything else except the DS4?
(01-07-2014, 02:46 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, @B15hop, I suggest giving Xpadder a try. One of the older versions is still free (although it's absolutely worth the $10 for the most recent one, plus lifetime updates), and I've been using the DS4 with it without a single problem, both in default Wireless Controller mode and XInput mode using DS4tool. You can even map buttons and functions to the touchpad and PS button in Wireless Controller mode.

So you would recommend Xpadder? I'm wondering if it's possible to change how the controller is turned off, holding the PS button is fine but I'd rather it didn't start steam big picture every time.

Does everything work the same through Xpadder? (RGB LED and vibration?)

(01-07-2014, 04:29 AM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]if I installed SCP for my DS3, do I still need this to get my DS4 working?

Yes you do, probably not best to have both running simultaneously either, but it may work.

(01-06-2014, 09:59 PM)GokaiSanyu Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have the L2 and R2 buttons be considered as buttons? I'm trying to play Megaman X8 on the controller, and L2 and R2 aren't registering as buttons at all when I try to change the bindings.

You could try using Xpadder to change the bindings.
(01-07-2014, 01:08 PM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]another question is that would this make my bluetooth dongle unusable for everything else except the DS4?

I can still sync my phone, headsets, and Wiimotes, so I would assume not.
I don't know if anyone has posted any of these suggestions but I have been using this with amazing results on my PC, I love it! Biggrin

Some things I would like to ask are,
  • Is it just me or does the battery on this thing die very quickly? Is this just how the DS4 is?

• The top bumpers seem to also trigger the bottom triggers? And they are sometimes finicky about how you press them?
Otherwise this is an awesome tool, much better than the motionjoy crap I was using before with the DS3.

Some sugestions on what would be cool to see in another update would be
  • Using the built-in speaker for magic casting or sound effects and other UI sounds

• Having the touch-pad allow for scrolling, or drag and drop (I guess this would be a long-press while moving the cursor)
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR WORK, I would love to help but I have no idea how to code. Blink
(01-06-2014, 09:32 PM)mep69 Wrote: [ -> ]Well both games are designed for consoles and have full support. No cursors on the main menu.
I can however use the main menu in Brothers and do the a command at the start where is says push the left and right trigger. However, after that there is nothing.
I'm using windows 7 64 bit if that's the reason.

I finished brothers with this tool on Windows 8, I worked amazingly!
(01-07-2014, 08:18 PM)Sourmiloko Wrote: [ -> ]The top bumpers seem to also trigger the bottom triggers? And they are sometimes finicky about how you press them?
First time i tested this tool on "Dishonored". I noticed the same problem, then I just disabled the touchpad by pressing (L2+touchpad), and everything was fine. Maybe you have the same problem?

P.S. Sorry for my grammar.
(01-07-2014, 08:31 PM)xammer23 Wrote: [ -> ]First time i tested this tool on "Dishonored". I noticed the same problem, then I just disabled the touchpad by pressing (L2+touchpad), and everything was fine. Maybe you have the same problem?

P.S. Sorry for my grammar.

Thats so weird, I'll have to try it, The game its doing it on is Saints Row 4, If I equip a gun, the problem goes away, its a bit irritating though because when I want to use a superpower via the left or right bumper I start punching and kicking instead for a slight second. I'll do that now and test it, brb.

Edit: It worked thanks.
(01-07-2014, 09:17 PM)Sourmiloko Wrote: [ -> ]Thats so weird, I'll have to try it, The game its doing it on is Saints Row 4, If I equip a gun, the problem goes away, its a bit irritating though because when I want to use a superpower via the left or right bumper I start punching and kicking instead for a slight second. I'll do that now and test it, brb.

Edit: It worked thanks.

P.S. Your grammar is fine.