..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-07-2014, 04:31 PM)mrpurple Wrote: [ -> ]So you would recommend Xpadder? I'm wondering if it's possible to change how the controller is turned off, holding the PS button is fine but I'd rather it didn't start steam big picture every time.

Does everything work the same through Xpadder? (RGB LED and vibration?)

I don't think you can change the way the DS4 is shut off, short of turning the Bluetooth adapter itself off (which turns the DS4 off after a few seconds). Not with Xpadder, anyway.

As far as mapping, though, I fully recommend Xpadder. As far as I can tell, any features that are specific to the controller, i.e., light bar, rumble, etc., will all continue to work fine. All Xpadder does is rebind buttons until the program is shut down; anything that isn't a rebound button works the way it always should.

You can search for the last free version that was available and test it out.
(01-07-2014, 07:17 PM)Mister Xiado Wrote: [ -> ]I can still sync my phone, headsets, and Wiimotes, so I would assume not.

ah. I got it all confused. seems like this does not install any of SCP's Bluetooth drivers to get it to work. so my dongle will work with everything else (for the DS3, it's a different story)

hope the OP can consider making this work with the Wii U Pro Controller
So, thanks for making this tool, it's very awesome, BUT, sometimes, the controls get stuck on one input, (For example, the analog stick is going right even when I'm not touching it.) and it blocks out input other than that. It's happening in all games, not just one. Also, couldn't you bind pressing the touchpad to left click? That just makes more sense than L1.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm using Beta 3.
I have an issue where if I have already connected the controller and am running the tool and then launch uplay (or any game requiring uplay) it freeze the computer until the controller is disconnected.
(01-01-2014, 08:57 PM)Sephisos Wrote: [ -> ]HEy guys,

does anyone of you own Rayman Origins and please could test something? The game works for me BUT it's not running with 60FPS anymore. It's running around 55 to 57 FPS and I can't get it up to 60 anymore. It works fine with the XBOX controller though. Could any1 please test if it's the same for you!?

Same here with emu MAME. Games run 60 fps without scpserver. With scpserver active, down to 50-55 fps.

I've windows 8.1 and connect by bluetooth.

Task Manager increase around 10% with scpserver active.

(Sorry for my english)
(01-08-2014, 07:49 PM)ender7 Wrote: [ -> ]Same here with emu MAME. Games run 60 fps without scpserver. With scpserver active, down to 50-55 fps.

I've windows 8.1 and connect by bluetooth.

Task Manager increase around 10% with scpserver active.

(Sorry for my english)

I would really love to fix this problem. I would also really love to add haptic feedback options for trigger (L2/R2) usage, left- and right-click support for the touchpad using its physical button rather than the shoulder buttons, custom settings for the start and end color and brightness of the "controller color indicates battery display", automatic initialization of the ScpServer process to realtime priority, fix the bugs where things take exclusive control over the Xinput device and don't allow you to, add support for controller audio, permit mapping motion controls, figure out whatever "low-power" setting that DS4 controllers seem to default to and make sure that we enable the transmitter at full power (Bluetooth 2.1+EDR is totally unnecessary. All lag/missed input problems are simply due to terrible range generally requiring line-of-sight between the DS4 and the Bluetooth adapter.), binding a preferred Xinput controller number to each paired controller, fixing the dual-translation problem that occurs when you are paired over Bluetooth and then plug in the USB interface as well... the list goes on and on.

I'm really sad that this is still a closed-source fork of an open-source program and so I don't get the opportunity to do any of this without starting from scratch... something I refuse to allocate the time to do. What are you waiting for?

(01-08-2014, 02:48 PM)Michelle Johnson Wrote: [ -> ]So, thanks for making this tool, it's very awesome, BUT, sometimes, the controls get stuck on one input, (For example, the analog stick is going right even when I'm not touching it.) and it blocks out input other than that. It's happening in all games, not just one. Also, couldn't you bind pressing the touchpad to left click? That just makes more sense than L1.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm using Beta 3.

Add a USB extension cable or hub so that your Bluetooth adapter is close to the controller and these problems will disappear. DS4 controllers have terrible range, and my best guess is that we're failing to handshake them into a high-radio-power/low-latency mode.
(01-09-2014, 02:20 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Add a USB extension cable or hub so that your Bluetooth adapter is close to the controller and these problems will disappear. DS4 controllers have terrible range, and my best guess is that we're failing to handshake them into a high-radio-power/low-latency mode.

Is the range really that bad? I purposely went clear across a large room in my house to test the DS4's wireless range, and I wasn't even getting any lag, let alone "stuck" buttons or sticks.
(01-09-2014, 04:13 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the range really that bad? I purposely went clear across a large room in my house to test the DS4's wireless range, and I wasn't even getting any lag, let alone "stuck" buttons or sticks.

When you say "house" it leads me to believe you're not in the average noisy environment. The Bluetooth frequencies are shared by so many different devices because it's the unlicensed part of the spectrum. If you live in a typical densely-populated building, you are competing with Wi-Fi, cordless phones, other people's Bluetooth devices... Whether using a BT 2.0 or 4.0 adapter the range is terrible in my home. Even several feet away, your foot blocking line of sight is enough to destroy connection quality.
Just a quick one to say thanks for this, enabled me to play Hitman on my surface pro with DS4, awesome...now I basically have a glorified PSVita! I found turning off the touchpad eliminated any bugs I had during gameplay (beta v.3)

Also, turning left and right rumble sliders up in the settings activates the rumbling constantly? No worry, I just turn them both to max and the DS4 fits perfectly behind the back of my head to make a neck massager! Must make sure not to leave it out whilst the Mrs is around though...
(01-09-2014, 06:00 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]When you say "house" it leads me to believe you're not in the average noisy environment. The Bluetooth frequencies are shared by so many different devices because it's the unlicensed part of the spectrum. If you live in a typical densely-populated building, you are competing with Wi-Fi, cordless phones, other people's Bluetooth devices... Whether using a BT 2.0 or 4.0 adapter the range is terrible in my home. Even several feet away, your foot blocking line of sight is enough to destroy connection quality.

Oh, okay, that makes a lot of sense. Yeah, I don't think I have a lot of interference where I am.