..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I predict that if that happens any time soon, it'll turn into the DDWRT situation. As in, stolen code with the credit of the original authors ripped out, and the thief getting all of the glory.
I'm using it for Dark Soul. It's working perfectly. Thank you for this program InhexSTER! Smile
Anyway, I've got this little question for you. I don't know this is caused from one of your program and driver? or just a problem of my own PC or DS4 itself.. Here's my question. I'm using BT to connect DS4 with my PC. But everytime I pair with DS4 I need to remove 'wireless controller' on 'printer and device' AND need to go to 'device manager' and delete 'HID-compliant game controller' on 'human interface device' again. So it's little bit annoying. Is the remainder on device manager normal after removing the device? I've never used BT to connect something with PC so have no idea.. Oh I have Windows 7 Home Premium. (anyway I'm a Korean so sorry for my bad English.)
I've found that my DS4 has trouble connecting again if I turn the controller off. If I physically disconnect my BT dongle, then reconnect it, then turn the controller back on, connecting is easier. Better still is just disconnecting the dongle to turn the controller off, so the next time I plug the dongle back in, I can power up the controller at my leisure. It reconnects with much less hassle using this method. USB is still hit or miss, as yesterday, the controller would lose power when vibrating, but it had about a 70% charge at this point, and had never had this problem before. Switching to BT sorted that out.
That could be the solution. Thx but the problem is after I played my PS4 with my DS4, the connection would go down even if I physically disconnect my BT dongle...
(01-13-2014, 05:13 AM)Mister Xiado Wrote: [ -> ]I predict that if that happens any time soon, it'll turn into the DDWRT situation. As in, stolen code with the credit of the original authors ripped out, and the thief getting all of the glory.

I suppose, I just like fiddling with code lol also being that it was based on open source code I'm pretty sure open source licensing terms would require that it remains open source not sure though. What happened with DDWRT?

(01-13-2014, 03:39 PM)Mister Xiado Wrote: [ -> ]I've found that my DS4 has trouble connecting again if I turn the controller off. If I physically disconnect my BT dongle, then reconnect it, then turn the controller back on, connecting is easier. Better still is just disconnecting the dongle to turn the controller off, so the next time I plug the dongle back in, I can power up the controller at my leisure. It reconnects with much less hassle using this method. USB is still hit or miss, as yesterday, the controller would lose power when vibrating, but it had about a 70% charge at this point, and had never had this problem before. Switching to BT sorted that out.

How do you even turn the controller off? Lol

I been having a bit of trouble with input response, sometimes the joystick or buttons get stuck or there's no response, its a bit annoying...
@InhexSTER

Can you put it up on github so people can help ironing out the last few issues?
Source code is currently on google code, i am just making sure everything is ok before i post a link
I'm using this driver while playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and it keeps randomly disconnecting while I'm playing. It's done it both when it's wired or bluetooth connected. Doesn anyone know what's causing this
(01-13-2014, 10:38 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Source code is currently on google code, i am just making sure everything is ok before i post a link

Thanks Laugh Great work btw, almost perfect Wink
@InhexSTR

On google code, the project is set as LGPL. Are you sure the original code you based yours on is available under that license?