..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-15-2014, 10:23 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Sure thing. What games had this issue?

Steam's big picture mode was the one that I had an issue with, I dear say there are plenty of others though.
@electrobrains: Seeing as you seem to be knowing what you do, do you think it's hard to program a way to custom map the controller?

And do you think there is a way to have the ability to keep leftmouse held down in mouse mode?

Last question: What do you use to code? I would like to look into this, just to see how such programs work and would like what stuff you are using to work on this!
(01-15-2014, 11:11 AM)Retarded Lemon Wrote: [ -> ]Steam's big picture mode was the one that I had an issue with, I dear say there are plenty of others though.

I don't see any problem -- I have Final Fantasy XIV running, launched steam, hit the "Guide" button to start Big Picture, used the DS4 to navigate to Waves and verified that it was working fine.

(01-15-2014, 11:22 AM)headegg Wrote: [ -> ]@electrobrains: Seeing as you seem to be knowing what you do, do you think it's hard to program a way to custom map the controller?

And do you think there is a way to have the ability to keep leftmouse held down in mouse mode?

Last question: What do you use to code? I would like to look into this, just to see how such programs work and would like what stuff you are using to work on this!

It's not hard to custom-map the controller but it's not going to be high on my priority list. Good news is it will be easy to implement after I do implement mapping for the touchpad.

Yes, I can fix mouse mode to allow holding the mouse down, but I'm implementing a completely different mode instead. Stay tuned.

I'm using Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop, or whatever the exact title is only Microsoft knows... I don't normally develop Windows software and I've never really done C# or .NET and I certainly have not used Visual Studio in over a decade, but it's not that hard to pick them up. I used VS just because that's what InHEXSTR used.
(01-15-2014, 11:41 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see any problem -- I have Final Fantasy XIV running, launched steam, hit the "Guide" button to start Big Picture, used the DS4 to navigate to Waves and verified that it was working fine.

It will only happen if you have Steam set up to work with the DS4 controller without SCP, however I did notice it with other games (can't remember what they were now) and I'm pretty sure I remember other people in this thread complaining about it.
Thank you for stepping in electrobrain, and thanks again to inHexSter for the amazing work he did and also sharing the code.

Could you please give an option to enable the trackpad without using L1 and R1 as mouse buttons? That gives problems with Dark Souls, for example, and basically becomes a pain in the ass with every game that needs L1 or R1.

Thanks.
(01-15-2014, 11:41 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ][...]
I'm using Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop, or whatever the exact title is only Microsoft knows... I don't normally develop Windows software and I've never really done C# or .NET and I certainly have not used Visual Studio in over a decade, but it's not that hard to pick them up. I used VS just because that's what InHEXSTR used.

Thanks for the information! Have now modded it so I can use the touchpad as a start button.

I think I will now try to work on a solution to custom-map buttons.

@Rocquito: Although I think electrobrain would be faster at that, I will try to implement a way to do that, as I think electrobrain will be busy working on his new addition. You would just need to tell me, which buttons you would prefer to use for the mouse buttons.
@electrobrains & @headegg

please host the code in github and co-operate with each other in one project, that will be much efficient and better for all of us because you will add the new feature and solve the problems much faster and there is no need to repeat the same work by two persons.

If you co-operate with each other in one project, you will be able to divide the tasks and assign them efficiently.

what your opinion?
I don't mind cooperating, so i always can add new committers, but i would prefer some sort of review process before it goes into the main branch.
The version posted brings back dual input. Just so you guys know. And hot swapping is not going work on USB with this version
As soon as I do changes that really matter (I just changed 1 line of code until now) I will get in touch with you guys.
But first I will use this to learn how C# works and stuff.(Only worked with java and assembler so far in university)
(01-15-2014, 04:24 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mind cooperating, so i always can add new committers, but i would prefer some sort of review process before it goes into the main branch.
The version posted brings back dual input. Just so you guys know. And hot swapping is not going work on USB with this version

For now I'd prefer to leave your repository alone and let you pull in the changes using git merge or whatever. This is actually the first time I've used git versus all the other times I've ever used CVS, Subversion, Perforce, etc. I can easily make the suggested change for exclusive mode to be a toggle, until you guys can provide exact bug reports for what doesn't work right with Big Picture mode and such. I need precise steps to reproduce problems, including indication as to whether USB or Bluetooth is in use.

The redundant USB/Bluetooth input should be solved by locking out attachment of a USB proxy interface when Bluetooth is already attached, or vice versa. Does anyone have a reverse-engineered reference for the DS4 protocols? I'd like to get speaker output going to audibly warn at low battery levels. I might have to actually upgrade to a Bluetooth 2.1 adapter for that, but I have a feeling 2.0 works fine still too, because a controller just can't use that much bandwidth.