..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-18-2014, 11:57 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Using 1.1.2, both USB and Bluetooth work perfectly, but ONLY if I check the box for Exclusive Mode; otherwise, I still get the original double controller problem. Using Windows 7 64-bit, but it's also worth pointing out that I've never once had a single problem using ANY version of DS4tool with Windows 7.

I'd also again like to point out that I have permanently disabled Driver Signature Enforcement using DSEO, and although I've been told it shouldn't make a difference, I've noticed that I'm one of the only people NOT having any issues with DS4tool beta 3 in Windows 7, and I also think I'm one of the only ones who uses that program to do what I'm doing. It just seems like way more than a coincidence to me.

I'm in the same boat, everything works perfectly, both with Bluetooth and USB, although I'm using Windows 8.1.

I imagine plenty of people don't have any problems with the program, it's just that usually people don't post unless they need help fixing something.
(01-18-2014, 12:09 PM)Retarded Lemon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the same boat, everything works perfectly, both with Bluetooth and USB, although I'm using Windows 8.1.

I imagine plenty of people don't have any problems with the program, it's just that usually people don't post unless they need help fixing something.

Yeah, you're probably right. It's just that sometimes reporting no problems is just as important as reporting a ton of them.

Anyway, I just tried to re-enable driver signature enforcement, and everything still works, so I guess that really is a dead end.
i don't have double controller issues I turn my game pad off. before I plug it in to the computer/ and when I run scp only usb appears unless I have the controller turned on bt and then plug it in .idont have any issues at all with either 1.3 enhex ver or 1.2 brain ver . just food for thought could you guys make it so if I use the light bar to battery power gage could you make it so its not so bright just visible like when you set any color to just 1. that would be great and the ps button to turn touch pad on n off and touch pad left click sounds great
(01-18-2014, 02:49 PM)eyencee Wrote: [ -> ]i don't have double controller issues I turn my game pad off. before I plug it in to the computer/ and when I run scp only usb appears unless I have the controller turned on bt and then plug it in .idont have any issues at all with either 1.3 enhex ver or 1.2 brain ver . just food for thought could you guys make it so if I use the light bar to battery power gage could you make it so its not so bright just visible like when you set any color to just 1. that would be great and the ps button to turn touch pad on n off and touch pad left click sounds great

oh wow, thank you for the reminder - I definitely intended to make the colors and brightness for battery LED display as custom options. I will add that soon!
I just have a couple of questions, as I am about to go pickup a DS4 to use with this tool as a controller for a windows 8 based htpc. On the main page it says that hot plug support is pending but if I'm understanding correctly in the newest versions posted by electrobrains this feature has been added? I just want wanted to make sure that "hot plug" is what I think it is haha, that is to say that you can turn your controller on and off while the tool is running without issues? Or is it still at a stage where you have to exit the program or some such before turning on the controller? I ask because as I will be using this as a media center remote, and while watching a film the controller is bound to shut off from the timer (as I'd like it to), and so having to fetch the mouse and keyboard to re-run the program obviously eliminates any convenience this program would have for me at the moment.

Also, electrobrains, I noticed before that you posted that you weren't aware of any applications where you would want pad support as well as the option to use right click? I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this but in windows 8 right click is often used to bring up an options menu, which is pretty useful. So the ability to bind that a to key or event would be pretty great in my opinion. (the main reason I've been eying the DS4 as a media center remote is because (most) windows 8 apps are designed to be used by a mouse or touch screen. Netflix and Skype are, anyway. So this is an ideal tool imo)
Hot plugging works now in the sense that client application restart is no longer required when you use shared rather than exclusive access mode. I have not begun work making sure the side of hot plugging you describe is working. In general I hope to make all that stuff just work but as a practical matter I want to set up a donation page so I can just go work on all this stuff full time for a while.

Right click support is coming but I am completely redoing the touchpad support to add programmable hotkeys and such like that. I don't want to do that work piecemeal and therefore have to redo it later.I'm still in the research and design stage.

btw as far as applications which expect right clicks, what I meant is that most games that have optional mouse control don't need anything but the single "left" button. actual apps are a different matter
So, this works fine in say, Dark Souls?
@Electro I use this for Final Fantasy XIV USB/MT work fine all but one thing rumble does not work. Im using Win 7 Ultim 64 bit.
(01-18-2014, 07:12 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Hot plugging works now in the sense that client application restart is no longer required when you use shared rather than exclusive access mode. I have not begun work making sure the side of hot plugging you describe is working. In general I hope to make all that stuff just work but as a practical matter I want to set up a donation page so I can just go work on all this stuff full time for a while.

Right click support is coming but I am completely redoing the touchpad support to add programmable hotkeys and such like that. I don't want to do that work piecemeal and therefore have to redo it later.I'm still in the research and design stage.

btw as far as applications which expect right clicks, what I meant is that most games that have optional mouse control don't need anything but the single "left" button. actual apps are a different matter

Ah, so if I'm understanding correctly, having the program launch at startup in the background, then simply turning on the controller won't connect it? Same goes for if the controller shuts down after the timer, just pressing the PS button to turn it back on will also not connect it?
(01-18-2014, 07:34 PM)DeathWish Wrote: [ -> ]@Electro I use this for Final Fantasy XIV USB/MT work fine all but one thing rumble does not work. Im using Win 7 Ultim 64 bit.

Have you tried fishing in game. It rumble when you got nibble. And after defeated the primal CS.