..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-19-2014, 10:04 AM)Insanelycool Wrote: [ -> ]Confirming that none of the color sliders are working anymore unless you stop and restart in the tool.

Also, another bug I keep forgetting to mention, if you turn off the controller without first pressing stop the tool freezes up until you turn the controller back on.

In the case of the former issue, someone has actually taken to working on the GUI side of things, so once I have my current feature set implemented he'll probably be making sure all that stuff works.

As far as the freezing issue goes, yes we definitely need a hardware watchdog for in case certain hardware disappearance situations occur. It's not a priority because you can restart it and things just work.
(01-19-2014, 10:18 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]In the case of the former issue, someone has actually taken to working on the GUI side of things, so once I have my current feature set implemented he'll probably be making sure all that stuff works.

As far as the freezing issue goes, yes we definitely need a hardware watchdog for in case certain hardware disappearance situations occur. It's not a priority because you can restart it and things just work.

Yeah, its not a big deal, but thought I would mention it.

I'm currently trying to reproduce an issue with wifi disconnecting... it just happened when I was making that post, but now, no matter what I do I can't seem to make it happen again. It's happened to me a few times, I never really noticed it until I started playing dark souls because I don't really play any online games with my controller. I have noticed it a few times when I leave the controller on and am browsing the web.

I updated my drivers for WIFI/BT... but it still happened. I have one of those newfangled wireless ac adapters with built in BT4.0. It's a mpcie card that attaches to my mobo and you hook up an external antenna to it. The reason I mention this is that I have been thinking that its because both BT are WIFI are being pulled in through this one antenna/adapter. Just when I thought I was onto something to troubleshoot it further I can't make it happen again.
Earlier today I was trying to play dark souls and it would disconnect me from the WIFI, and reload the darn game in offline mode(bad game design to do that!). Now I've been playing for the last half hour without issue.

I will try to report back with something more substantive later once I can reproduce it consistently. But its got to be something, since it did it when I was posting earlier.

Edit: I really should get some sleep, but I can't stop trying to eliminate this problem... it's definitely a coexistence issue with my WIFI and BT and has nothing to do directly with the DS4tool... I started streaming music from my phone to my pc, and when downloading data over wifi, my music will skip... I can't test moving the wifi closer, which I'm assuming would help fix the problem. MY wifi is pretty far across the house, so that seems the likely culprit here. At this point I'm just posting this for anyone else that may experience similar issues with BT lag or WIFI problems because of the two coexisting. I will test some more settings to see if I can minimize the interference under my circumstances I cannot move or change the wifi due to it being under the control of my landlord who lives upstairs.
@electrobrains
I don't know if anyone mention this, but I think one of most important feature to implement is Idle Timeout. It's easy to forget about turning off my DS4. Because of that I already discharged battery several times.
(01-19-2014, 02:30 PM)itakumre Wrote: [ -> ]@electrobrains
I don't know if anyone mention this, but I think one of most important feature to implement is Idle Timeout. It's easy to forget about turning off my DS4. Because of that I already discharged battery several times.

I actually had a pretty interesting idea -- a "flip over the controller to turn it off" mode. And of course instead of being immediate it would implement an idle timeout. How is your battery life now? I would expect it to be far improved now that the DS4 Tool is not rapidly transmitting the LED/rumble state back to the controller with every single data read it does.
(01-19-2014, 04:11 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I actually had a pretty interesting idea -- a "flip over the controller to turn it off" mode. And of course instead of being immediate it would implement an idle timeout. How is your battery life now? I would expect it to be far improved now that the DS4 Tool is not rapidly transmitting the LED/rumble state back to the controller with every single data read it does.

That would be awesome but you would need some sort of auto reconnect to the server. Currently if i wanna reconnect a controller and have it work correctly in FFXIV, i need to restart it.

gonna be lookin for that 1.1.3 but the 1.1.2 i did have lag issue for a bit. and some key presses not registering.

And again ill ask lol is there anyway to use the speaker VIA BT? and what about other axis and motion sensing options. besides the one above.
Theres a bug with the Rumble on Beta 3, i can change the rummble boost,left and right. But it will Stay on forever, until the program is closed. I have switch back to Beta 2 Update 1 of this program, because of the issue, could this be fixed ?

annoyingcybergaming
(01-19-2014, 04:24 PM)DeathWish Wrote: [ -> ]That would be awesome but you would need some sort of auto reconnect to the server. Currently if i wanna reconnect a controller and have it work correctly in FFXIV, i need to restart it.

gonna be lookin for that 1.1.3 but the 1.1.2 i did have lag issue for a bit. and some key presses not registering.

And again ill ask lol is there anyway to use the speaker VIA BT? and what about other axis and motion sensing options. besides the one above.

Auto reconnection (not having to hit Stop then Start) is of course on the planned list of things to support. It will come after adding support for detecting (and not dual-instantiating) a controller that's plugged into both USB and Bluetooth at the same time. Yes of course there's a way to use the speaker, we still have to discover it in order for it to happen, though.
(01-19-2014, 03:27 AM)delite Wrote: [ -> ]something uses your controller, like x360ce. Close everything and restart v1.1.2. I've had the same when x360ce window was opened

I quit every program before I start the tool. Still nothing. The tool just won't let me press start. Btw what's the x360ce window?
(01-19-2014, 04:45 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Auto reconnection (not having to hit Stop then Start) is of course on the planned list of things to support. It will come after adding support for detecting (and not dual-instantiating) a controller that's plugged into both USB and Bluetooth at the same time. Yes of course there's a way to use the speaker, we still have to discover it in order for it to happen, though.

thanks for reply. the dual issue thing only happens once the server is stopped and restarted. if i leave server running while in running in bluetooth and then plug in usb, still only the one showing. If people start off the server while CT is connected to BT then plug in usb its fine.

as mentioned i use ASUS BT400 and i see some other modders use toshiba bluetooth stack 8.0. would this be of anyhelp? I am no programmer just a idea
I'm unable to get my DS4 to connect via bluetooth - I've tried both a cheap dongle that I used to use for my DS3 and my laptop's built in BT, but both give the same results.

I can pair just fine, it doesn't ask for a code or anything, but as soon as windows starts to install the drivers, the controller turns off.

Until I hit the PS button again to get it to reconnect, windows still thinks it's connected, and once it finishes reconnecting, windows completely forgets about it like it was never paired in the first place.

Any ideas what's going on here?

(For reference, the laptop I'm using is a 2011 macbook pro running Windows 7 in boot camp)