..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-20-2014, 02:32 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys for being understanding that there's just a million different things that I could be working on at any given time just in the realm of one little software program Smile So I want to reiterate the differences to the color changing ability are currently only partially-exposed in the GUI. You can go change your full-battery LED color, that's the one that's exposed in the Options. To change the empty-battery color it transitions to, exit the tool and edit ScpControl.xml; the EmptyBatteryRed/EmptyBatteryGreen/EmptyBatteryBlue entries control the color at the other end of the battery transition. It is entirely configurable now which colors to use/what brightness, just needs to be exposed in the controller's Options.

I made it so the default is just a dimming. The controller color defaults are the same as before, so the transitioned colors are just lightened versions of those. Instead of being an ambiguous green->red (how do you tell which controller is which?) I stuck with pure individual color tones being dimmed as a safe default. It is not a safe default to turn on controller LED blinking as battery indicator because I don't know what blink rates are considered "safe" for people with epilepsy.

Here's the table showing the new defaults:
Code:
public Byte[][] m_Leds = new Byte[][] // per-controller nominal color and low-battery color
        {
            new Byte[] {0,0,255, 0,0,2},
            new Byte[] {255,0,0, 2,0,0},
            new Byte[] {0,255,0, 0,2,0},
            new Byte[] {127,0,127, 1,0,1},
        };

thank you for the explanation I understand it now Wink
@electrobrains

Is it normal : i have a "freeze mouse" when i run your software, just keyboard answers..
I must reboot my computer after that.

Controller doesn't show in your program, after connect it.

With inHexter's software, it's run perfectly, and no freeze mouse.

I have windows 8.1, and Steelseries mouse... i test your beta 1, and beta 2b, the same problem.

Thanks for your help.
@electrobrains
I tried the pad is very nice but not practical.
It would take is as in PS4PC, let me explain:
left-click tapping (without pressing the pad) pad
and function to move and hold the click with the process:
keeps pressing the pad and simultaneously with another finger to move the select element

sorry for translation
(01-20-2014, 04:41 PM)Pro_info Wrote: [ -> ]@electrobrains
I tried the pad is very nice but not practical.
It would take is as in PS4PC, let me explain:
left-click tapping (without pressing the pad) pad
and function to move and hold the click with the process:
keeps pressing the pad and simultaneously with another finger to move the select element

sorry for translation

Try out the various buttons for Left/Middle/Right click. The idea is that if you use your left thumb on the touchpad, you can use your right thumb on Square/Cross/Circle to click, and if you use your right thumb on the touchpad, you can use Left/Down/Right on the D-Pad to click. In both cases L1/L2/L3 will always give you a Left click and R1/R2/R3 gives you a Right click. I will certainly add tapping eventually after other more important gesture support.
@electrobrains

Is it normal : i have a "freeze mouse" when i run your software, just keyboard answers..
I must reboot my computer after that.

Controller doesn't show in your program, after connect it.

With inHexter's software, it's run perfectly, and no freeze mouse.

I have windows 8.1, and Steelseries mouse... i test your beta 1, and beta 2b, the same problem.

Thanks for your help.
(01-20-2014, 05:04 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Try out the various buttons for Left/Middle/Right click. The idea is that if you use your left thumb on the touchpad, you can use your right thumb on Square/Cross/Circle to click, and if you use your right thumb on the touchpad, you can use Left/Down/Right on the D-Pad to click. In both cases L1/L2/L3 will always give you a Left click and R1/R2/R3 gives you a Right click. I will certainly add tapping eventually after other more important gesture support.

@electrobrains
I will try what you say.

I think of something, instead of asking you support a second axis for trigger, why not do the same thing at present but instead emulate a xbox controller, keep a handle type "other that xbox "(" wireless controller "with 2 separate trigger each axis etc.).
Would it be possible in a future update, use this program to exploit the full controller without emulate as xbox controller ?

sorry for translation Mellow
(01-20-2014, 07:53 PM)Pro_info Wrote: [ -> ]@electrobrains
I will try what you say.

I think of something, instead of asking you support a second axis for trigger, why not do the same thing at present but instead emulate a xbox controller, keep a handle type "other that xbox "(" wireless controller "with 2 separate trigger each axis etc.).
Would it be possible in a future update, use this program to exploit the full controller without emulate as xbox controller ?

sorry for translation Mellow
Hmm, I could easily add a 'no Xinput controller' mode that just does the touch pad functionality, which will eventually include emulating arbitrary keyboard buttons. The PS button will also be something you can configure as a mouse or keyboard button press.
First off, I want to thank you guys for the work you're putting into this software. So far in my limited experience using it in Dark Souls has been nearly flawless. I'm definitely going to donate to show my appreciation.

That being said, I have one request I'd like to put out there. It's not a huge deal, really just a convenience thing. When holding the PS button for 10 seconds to turn off the controller, while the service is running, Steam will launch Big Picture Mode after about 5 seconds. It would be nice if there was a different button combination for turning off the controller to prevent this from happening. I'm not sure how hard that would be from a software perspective. Currently I avoid the situation by stopping the service before turning off the controller but in the future I was hoping to be able to leave the service running at all times and just have the controller connect and disconnect as I turned it on and off. Again, this is just a minor usability/convenience request.
(01-20-2014, 08:36 PM)felixlighter Wrote: [ -> ]First off, I want to thank you guys for the work you're putting into this software. So far in my limited experience using it in Dark Souls has been nearly flawless. I'm definitely going to donate to show my appreciation.

That being said, I have one request I'd like to put out there. It's not a huge deal, really just a convenience thing. When holding the PS button for 10 seconds to turn off the controller, while the service is running, Steam will launch Big Picture Mode after about 5 seconds. It would be nice if there was a different button combination for turning off the controller to prevent this from happening. I'm not sure how hard that would be from a software perspective. Currently I avoid the situation by stopping the service before turning off the controller but in the future I was hoping to be able to leave the service running at all times and just have the controller connect and disconnect as I turned it on and off. Again, this is just a minor usability/convenience request.

Yeah, I'll add R1+L1+PS like the Scarlet.Crush driver has. I'm also planning to make it so it turns itself off if you turn it over on its face and leave it for several minutes. I don't see much benefit in keeping the PS button mapping as the XBox Guide button, precious few games support it and all it really does is tell you controller number and battery level, which the LED indicator does already.
(01-20-2014, 08:49 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I'll add R1+L1+PS like the Scarlet.Crush driver has. I'm also planning to make it so it turns itself off if you turn it over on its face and leave it for several minutes. I don't see much benefit in keeping the PS button mapping as the XBox Guide button, precious few games support it and all it really does is tell you controller number and battery level, which the LED indicator does already.

Sounds great. I think having some combination of buttons mapped to the Xbox Guide button might be worthwhile for those rare occasions but I agree that dedicating a precious face button solely for that purpose doesn't make a lot of sense. Also, I just sent a small donation your way a few minutes ago.