..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-20-2014, 11:47 PM)WTJJ Wrote: [ -> ]The DS3 drivers weren't the specific cause of 'nothing happening' as per that video that was linked, I just mentioned it for measure. In my case I had uninstalled the DS3 drivers and then was getting that exact behavior. It wasn't until I installed the ScpDriver from the original betas in the first post that it behaved normally.

Basically, what worked for me was:

1) Uninstall existing DS3 drivers from scarlet crush
2) Download DS4Tool 1.1 Beta 3 from first post, run (and then install) ScpDriver.exe from within the 'Virtual Bus Driver' folder
3) Download electrobrains' beta of ScpServer, and run that

Step 1 can, obviously, be ignored. The errors in that screenshot I quoted showed up when I had them installed while trying to run electrobrains ScpServer though.

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. I never had any sort of DS3 drivers installed ever prior to installing the ones that came with inhexters ds4 tools.

His drivers (and the x360 ones) were the only ones I have ever installed for my DS4.

Also, inhexsters versions work just fine, but electrobrains' don't for some reason.

@electrobrain: I launched your latest tool (1.2b) from the command prompt but it didn't write anything in the window itself as to what is happening. It just executed the .exe as if you would click on it and it still wouldn't let me push the start button. Nothing else was in the command prompt to guess why it won't start.
I understand what you're saying completely; was just outlining the steps I went through since I saw exactly the same behavior. Apologies if it isn't useful information for you.
(01-21-2014, 12:00 AM)steakandcheese Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say. I never had any sort of DS3 drivers installed ever prior to installing the ones that came with inhexters ds4 tools.

His drivers (and the x360 ones) were the only ones I have ever installed for my DS4.

Also, inhexsters versions work just fine, but electrobrains' don't for some reason.

@electrobrain: I launched your latest tool (1.2b) from the command prompt but it didn't write anything in the window itself as to what is happening. It just executed the .exe as if you would click on it and it still wouldn't let me push the start button. Nothing else was in the command prompt to guess why it won't start.

Electrobrains mentioned that he would add the ability to output errors to a text file, which will hopefully give us some leads on how to help you. Unless its something obvious that we are overlooking we will have to wait until then.
(01-21-2014, 12:03 AM)WTJJ Wrote: [ -> ]I understand what you're saying completely; was just outlining the steps I went through since I saw exactly the same behavior. Apologies if it isn't useful information for you.

Ah, my bad then. I thought you didn't get my point about never having installed DS3 drivers to begin with Smile
(01-21-2014, 12:28 AM)Insanelycool Wrote: [ -> ]Electrobrains mentioned that he would add the ability to output errors to a text file, which will hopefully give us some leads on how to help you. Unless its something obvious that we are overlooking we will have to wait until then.

I am also willing to do remote on-line debugging to figure out these problems, but it means a few things: You will need to install Micoroft Visual Studio Express which is not a small download, and we'll need to set up Remote Desktop or another screen-sharing software package, but I will be able to test almost as if I were directly sitting in front of your computer.
(01-21-2014, 12:37 AM)steakandcheese Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, my bad then. I thought you didn't get my point about never having installed DS3 drivers to begin with Smile

Okay, just for the sake of troubleshooting I used scpdriver.exe to uninstall the driver, and then ran the tool... it does exactly the same behavior as your video (which is exactly what I thought would happen). Then I went back to reinstall it and it wouldn't work until I checked the box for force install and then clicked the install button (in scpdriver.exe).

Try this and report back! Hope it works!
Yes! Big Picture drives me insane too.

Also, now that you've taken over primary dev of the tool, seems like it would make sense for you to share/fork the Google Code repo.

(01-20-2014, 09:29 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I know. We can just make the PS key a function modifier so you can hold it then press any of the D-Pad/thumb buttons to get up to 8 different actions. It by itself would do nothing because Steam Big Picture mode drives me insane...
Okay, so, I have a question: Is there any way to enable the touch pad for mouse movement, but actually disable all buttons acting like mouse button clicks? I was just messing with the touch pad while playing Doom 3, and boy, that was accurate for aiming, but the triggers and other buttons constantly act like mouse clicks while aiming around. Choosing to ONLY use the touch pad would be fantastic for games like this.

(Also, I still can't get Share and Options to work as mouse clicks, but honestly, I don't really see many people using those, anyway.)
New version seems to work well but just one issue. there is no way i can turn off the touch pad. and sugguest having a drop down menu so people can select what button they want to push for that function. like looking at the hotkeys in this version shows no way to turn it off and that can cause issues in Final Fantasy XIV. Tried L2 + Mouse button but does not turn off.
Any plans to support the 3.5 jack? Would be absolutely perfect then, thanks for the hard work.