..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 30 FPS, after a while they drops...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi at all! I have a Toshiba Satellite L650. It has a Intel Core i3 m330 and ATI Radeon 5650. I try to play Guitar Hero 1 (NTSC). It can't handle 60 FPS, but I tried some settings and make the game run at 30 FPS. It runs perfectly, but after a while, FPS drops. So I stop for a minute, then resume the emulation: the FPS raise to 30. Why? It can be the heat?
Thanks in advance Smile
(11-09-2013, 07:23 PM)ReDevilGames Wrote: [ -> ]Hi at all! I have a Toshiba Satellite L650. It has a Intel Core i3 m330 and ATI Radeon 5650. I try to play Guitar Hero 1 (NTSC). It can't handle 60 FPS, but I tried some settings and make the game run at 30 FPS. It runs perfectly, but after a while, FPS drops. So I stop for a minute, then resume the emulation: the FPS raise to 30. Why? It can be the heat?
Thanks in advance Smile

Definitely could be heat.

Is your power plan set to "High performance" ?
Most likely it's throttling from the heat. I believe guitar hero is a fairly demanding series with requirements between burnout 3 and kingdom hearts 2.
Quote:Is your power plan set to "High performance" ?
Yes
What settings you use now
Why would you want to play at 30 FPS, anyway? That's half speed. o_O On a music-based game, wouldn't that make it almost unplayable?
I tried some settings: the emulator keeps the normal speed, but FPS are halved Smile
download coretemp and monitor your cpu temperatures as you play the game, let us know what it peaks at.
He is on laptop I guarantee he is throttling cause something is to hot, Especial seeing he says it fine and then it isnt.
there are 3 scenarios is to "worth of watching"

*you should plug-in AC power when you are using pcsx2 and "not" running in batteries.
*monitor your temps using "coretemp" or "speccy" ,stop playing pcsx2 if your laptop reaches 90C~over.
*enable the "Constant skipping" (Emulation settings-->GS) might help on your emulation.
Pages: 1 2