..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How do I cheat/add cheats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

So you will probably gather from this that I am not a very good technological person and am quite new to this. I've been looking to get some cheats for some games but I have no idea how. Everything I have read is different to another and doesn't make all to much sense. I have gathered (correct me if I'm wrong) but action replay codes have to be used and in a raw format. And that I have to use something to do with .pnac files. I'm not looking to create my own cheats, simply use ones already made.

If you could give me a guide, the program that I need or the link to a tutorial that will explain how to do it for a total beginner, that would be great. Sorry if this has already been asked heaps Blush

Thanks
ken you seak germany?
Use my converter...it's pretty self explanatory.
You just add the cheats to the left side(decrypt them if needed),convert them to pnach and save
can you help me vsub?

I need a .pnach file [cheat]
for the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force Evolution

version: SLES_550.17
System: System.CNF

the cheat is supposed to be for pcsx2-R4600 pls
(11-26-2013, 01:22 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Use my converter...it's pretty self explanatory.
You just add the cheats to the left side(decrypt them if needed),convert them to pnach and save

That was much easier than I thought, however I don't seem to have a cheats folder in my PCSX2 folder, would it be okay if I just made one or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks heaps!
There are two ways to get the crc
1.Run the game and look in the console for something like this
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_217.88;1) Game CRC = 0x06FB8038, EntryPoint = 0x0010001C
The crc here is 06FB8038

Or
2.Start the game and my converter=>Click on the Load button on the left side,and the converter will get the game name and crc

Then add your cheats,convert them and save(if you place the converter in the pcsx2 directory,it will suggest to save where the cheats are supposed to go so just save without changing the name.

The cheats folder is in pcsx2 directory(if you use the portable version of pcsx2)or in my documents\pcsx2 if you use the installer version

If for some reason you don't have it,just create it
I'm doing something wrong, got my CRC code and then converted the RAW code to pnach and saved it in the cheats folder, however when I click run fast or full it says no cheats found. Are the RAW codes meant to be carried over into the pnach code?
CRC for YG-GX-TagEvo

1DF989EF

(11-26-2013, 01:31 PM)Nosaku Wrote: [ -> ]the cheat is supposed to be for pcsx2-R4600 pls
the pnach file is transferable to any pcsx2 versions and rev.
Not raw codes must be decrypted to raw and on raw codes,pnach formatting must be added.

It's as simple as this:
1.Place your codes
2.Choose a decryption method(if the codes are not raw)and click on the decrypt button(at startup the converter will ask you to tell him where omniconverter is(which I also posted in my thread)...it will not ask if you create a directory called Tools in the same directory as the converter and place omniconverter inside)
3.After decrypting the codes,click on the "To Pnach" button...if the game is not running,it will ask for the game name and crc and if it's running,it will get the crc from the console
4.Save the cheats and restart pcsx2
here my pnach as per PM request
*all cards
*allows up to 3 same cards on (limited[LIMIT-2],forbidden cards[LIMIT-1])

btw report me if any of the 2 cheats is not working.

@Nosaku
and please next time make your own thread i did'nt notice you are not the author of the thread, hijacking is illegal.
Pages: 1 2