..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys new here and probably alot there loads of threads regarding this but since i know that it also depends on the hardware i thought i would create a new thread and ask away so basically whats the best settings for this hardware CPU-FX8350 4ghz GPU R7850 xfx 2GB I have at the moment collin mcrea 2005 dvd version no iso i have the actual ps2 game and TMNT game but for some reason the textures aren't loaded properly as there is no road texture just a plain grey ground any help would be appreciated am just looking for an overall good setting for my system

BTW am using PCSX2 0.9.8 version
1st thing : use at least 1.0.0.
0.9.8 is old and outdated.
(12-03-2013, 08:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]1st thing : use at least 1.0.0.
0.9.8 is old and outdated.

downloaded and installed but still same problem not sure what to do :/
dunno if yours is ntsc or PAL, but you'll need an svn to ùake run the pal version as said in the compatibility list : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Colin-McR...6-E--30244
(12-03-2013, 08:27 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]dunno if yours is ntsc or PAL, but you'll need an svn to ùake run the pal version as said in the compatibility list : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Colin-McR...6-E--30244

it's PAL and the game runs but the problem is that i get no textures for the ground and the sound is very slow but the graphic fps are all good no lags or anything like that
Did you try with the svn suggested in the thread i linked ?
(12-03-2013, 09:22 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try with the svn suggested in the thread i linked ?

yeah with the software renderer i dont get the issue's but the fps is un playable Sad
Probably because your pc isnt powerful enough.
You may need to set extra rendering threads to 4 or 5, but it´s possible your machine will struglle anyways.
(12-03-2013, 09:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because your pc isnt powerful enough.
You may need to set extra rendering threads to 4 or 5, but it´s possible your machine will struglle anyways.
friend of my brought his virtua fighter 4 and it runs smoothly and i also doubt it that my pc wasnt powerful enough gpu is good 7850 and my cpu is decent i guess maybe it's the cd or something no idea cause all other games work without any issue's e.g. VF4 Tekken5 FFXII TMNT Burnout revenge etc
Maybe, but :
different games have different requirements.
I suppose you didnt have to run these games in hardware mode.
Unless you upscale a lot, pcsx2 relies more on a powerful cpu than a powerful gpu.
Pages: 1 2