..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: X-Files: Resist or Serve Crashing PSCX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have looked around as best I can and cannot find any issues relating to this game completely crashing the PCSX2 application; only references to performance and graphical glitches once in game.

I have not tried much (owing to that I have no idea how to fine tune PCSX2, or what most of the options do). All I have tried is both NTSC and PAL versions of the game and tried doing a fast and full boot. A fast boot won't recognize the disc, whereas a full boot will. On a full boot I get past a loading screen; passed checking for memory cards, and; passed the copyright info screen. After these three screen, PCSX2 crashes, stops responding and force closes. I am not sure what the next screen is, but I presume some kind of menu or possibly a cut scene (which I imagine is just regular video or pre-rendered stuff).

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I have attached an image, although I am not convinced it will be of any help. Sorry the text is a little hard to see following the crash.
Post the emulog.txt
0.9.8 is no longer supported, please get either version 1.0.0 or one of the recent SVN builds.
Here's the emulog.txt.

Downloading v1.0.0 now.

Thanks.
v1.0.0 gets passed a developer splash screen, then the 20th Century Fox screen comes on for a second and then the app crashes.

Here is (what I think is) an updated emulog.txt.

Thank you.
(12-05-2013, 12:54 AM)Gimbulate Wrote: [ -> ]v1.0.0 gets past a developer splash screen, then the 20th Century Fox screen comes on for a second and then the app crashes.

Here is (what I think is) an updated emulog.txt.

Thank you.
It's listed as playable from 0.9.6

Get the latest SVN from here:

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Keep it separate from any other PCSX2 you have. If it says on first run that settings were detected and asks you to import them, choose no.

Leave every single thing default except choosing your ISO. Then do System-> Boot full

See if that helps.
I had the game yesterday tested, and it runs without any problem with the latest svn.
Activate under game fixes just the FMV Fix or start the game in software mode.
This should fix the problem.

Tested version SLUS_20179 Speedhack Used 2 - EE's cyclerate by about 33%.
Do you have the appcrash log from your OS?