..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug] FFXII Graphical Bug/Issue (minor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Bug Report] Final Fantasy 12 [NTSC-J]

# PCSX2 version: SVN Version 5765 @ Nov 27, 2013

# CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults (also tested EE/IOP clamping to Full and VUs clamping to Extra+Preserve sign)

# Plugins used: All default ones, GSDX for video, SPU2-X for audio, the latest ones that are in the 5765 SVN archive.

# Description:

In Giza Plains during the 'Dry' period (daytime with sunlight), there are odd 'sunlight halos' regardless of the character position. Using DirectX 9, OpenGL, or any Software modes can be used as a workaround.

Having 'Full' texture filtering in DirectX 11 mode causes odd filter effect on the 'hand' selection icon in menus. Selecting 'Half' filtering (Box is filled in instead of a checkmark) or disabling texture filtering completely is a workaround. Can also use DirectX 9, OpenGL, or any Software modes as additional optional workarounds.

*link removed; video deleted thanks to overbearing YT ContentID crap*

Tested all the hacks one at a time and in various settings/combinations. No effect with any of them.

These bugs only happen on DirectX 11 renderer.
No issues when using OpenGL or DirectX 9 renderer.

EDIT: I wanted to add that using OpenGL in FF12 as a workaround may cause further slowdown issues as OpenGL rendering seems to ignore draw distance and cause major slowdowns as a result for that game. DirectX 9 was one workaround, but may not solve the problem without completely exiting and restarting the emulator after switching.

I also wanted to add that this only occurs due to the halos coming from the Giza Plains crystals the first time and subsequent times when they are active. If they are inactive (such as after completing the initial sunstone quest for palace entry in the storyline) then there are no halo issues.
I had noticed that when walking around the very first town, certain textures were absent from the game, ie I had X Ray vision. This was only remedied when using Direct X9 Software, which gave the game ***** graphics.
Yeah I think I'd rather have 'x-ray vision' with sunlight/lens flare or halos visible through walls than to deal with crappy graphics. At least this only happens if you angle the camera in a specific way. I just keep it above and behind my character and zero issues. Also no noticeable issues when I'm not in an 'outside' location or in a location that lacks sunlight.