..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone tell me how should I confugure PCSX 2 to play Final Fantasy X without lagging?

It does not lag a lot, but its annoying.

N-Vidia 8600GT / 512 VRAM
2Gb Ram
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz
(02-21-2009, 02:54 PM)GallardoLP_560 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone tell me how should I confugure PCSX 2 to play Final Fantasy X without lagging?

It does not lag a lot, but its annoying.

N-Vidia 8600GT / 512 VRAM
2Gb Ram
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz

Well, when it does not lag why should we try to tell you how it should be configured so that it does not lag? o_O

Well, anyhow. Compile the latest rev and try the new Speedhack with x3 CycleRates.

If you don't know how to compile it, check the forum and use the search engine. (Search for something like Compile Guide Wink )

Also your cpu is quite a little bit slow. Recommended for best experience is 3.2 ghz+!

Try to oc your system. Compile the latest rev. Maybe you will have an improvement and your game - which does not lag - will not lag.
ffx will most likely peak at 45fps on your system, it's just not the monster that pcsx2 needs right now, but each svn has been getting faster, so give it some time.
lol dude. I saied it lags a bit. Not it does not lag. And I have more than 3.2GHz CPU. I saied 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo.

Core 2 duo = 4.66Ghz
(02-22-2009, 09:00 PM)GallardoLP_560 Wrote: [ -> ]lol dude. I saied it lags a bit. Not it does not lag. And I have more than 3.2GHz CPU. I saied 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo.

Core 2 duo = 4.66Ghz

U fail.

Nah, you cannot calculate like that.

Core 2 Duo means that it HAS 2 Cores. Every core runs at 2.33 ghz.

So your CPU speed ist 2.33

And NO, if you would oc your rig you would get better results.

The other helping comments in my post should be of use for you tough.

Btw. Sorry english is not my native language. I did not read carefully enough. So I oversaw "a lot".

Please don't expect that ur cpu is @ 4.66 ghz. That's just wrong.
my 2.2 reads on canyourunit.com as a 4.9ghz so I highly suspect it'll show up as much faster than what Gallardo is assuming
(02-22-2009, 09:28 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]my 2.2 reads on canyourunit.com as a 4.9ghz so I highly suspect it'll show up as much faster than what Gallardo is assuming

Yes. It is much faster than a single Core cpu.

But you can't add the speed from one core on the other. Of course it's faster. Cuz Apps can use more than one core to calculate things. BUt every core is calculating with the 2.2 speed. Not with 4.9.

As you can see, a Dualcore @ 3.2 ghz is recommended. U have to oc ur system for constant FPS. imo.
no, just for more. but I'm fine with the 20-40 I get, I don't need full speed to enjoy every game. and I don't even notice it sometimes.
(02-22-2009, 03:18 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]ffx will most likely peak at 45fps on your system, it's just not the monster that pcsx2 needs right now, but each svn has been getting faster, so give it some time.

What is that svn you saied?
GSDx seems to be lag less with FFX, try that.
Pages: 1 2