..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Quad Core 3,00 ghz is good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A question!

CPU Quad Core of 3,00 Ghz is good for run final fantasy series(X,X-2,XII) on pcsx2 at 100% of speed not checked the option that advantages the dual core(DC,MTGS)??
Well... Rather not (sometimes it would be slow), but with MGTS mode it should be more than enough for FF.
Sir_Alex: You ask this question too much!

Enable MTGS mode and play your games. It will be fast and good. That's it.
(02-21-2009, 03:24 PM)Sir_Alex Wrote: [ -> ]A question!

CPU Quad Core of 3,00 Ghz is good for run final fantasy series(X,X-2,XII) on pcsx2 at 100% of speed not checked the option that advantages the dual core(DC,MTGS)??

Hi Sir_Alex Smile

Well, it will indeed be better than your actual processor so yes Smile Actually PCSX2 works only on two cores, but whatever the C2Duo or C2Quad you're using, what's important is the frequency clock Smile So for you it's as if you will be playing on a Core 2 Duo 3Ghz for PCSX2.

For the FF series, well before overclocking my Quad to 3.6Ghz, I played about 30 hours at a 3.1 clock and I had no problem, 60FPS quite everytime and that was more than a month ago, the emulator has improved more since ^^ So I think you will be able to play at 100% for these games, but make sure to activate the EE/IOP X2 and waitcycles sync hacks, it will help Smile And play with FPS limit and MTGS options activated in CPU options indeed Wink
Yes, but it is not alone, it need good grapich card. Seems you always ask about that in the thread. Am I right?
But I can activated that MTGS and DC option also if I have a quad core?

P.S:exscuse me for bad english
(02-21-2009, 03:39 PM)Sir_Alex Wrote: [ -> ]But I can activated that MTGS and DC option also if I have a quad core?

Yes you can, and you have to if you want a decent FPS ! I activated it on my Quad and you see, I'm still not dead Happy
(02-21-2009, 03:39 PM)Sir_Alex Wrote: [ -> ]But I can activated that MTGS and DC option also if I have a quad core?

Yes.
Thank you for the notice ! i thinked that MTGS and DS can activated only Dual Core and not Quad CORE!
sir alex, use a RECENT version please. if you have dual core, you're using an obsolete version