..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Questions about Video Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I am new to the forums, and I hope I posted this in the right section.
I have 3 questions.
1. Should I use Direct3D 9 or Direct3D 11?
2. Apart from the actual Direct3D versions, there are also software, hardware, and null version of each of them. Which is better?
3. I got KH2 to run at 1600x900(my monitor native res), and the game looks pretty, but in your opinion which is better, widescreen or fit to window/screen? I have a 14 inch monitor by the way.

I am sorry if these are noob questions, but I am use to playing PS2 games on my very old SD TV, and I want to hop on to the world of HD PS2 games Smile
(12-28-2013, 06:14 PM)BlazingSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I am new to the forums, and I hope I posted this in the right section.
I have 3 questions.
1. Should I use Direct3D 9 or Direct3D 11?
2. Apart from the actual Direct3D versions, there are also software, hardware, and null version of each of them. Which is better?
3. I got KH2 to run at 1600x900(my monitor native res), and the game looks pretty, but in your opinion which is better, widescreen or fit to window/screen? I have a 14 inch monitor by the way.

I am sorry if these are noob questions, but I am use to playing PS2 games on my very old SD TV, and I want to hop on to the world of HD PS2 games Smile

This is the answer to your question
1. on dx 9 or 10/11, three no significant difference, the difference is in its fps is increased by about 2-10 fps, maybe you could try one of her that which you think fit.
2. please go to this link for a more complete it: http://pcsx2.net/config-guide/official-e...guide.html
3. please go to this link for a more complete it: http://pcsx2.net/config-guide/official-e...guide.html
I'm going to contradict goban and say to use DX11 due to compatibility. If you don't want black bars on the sidse you could use widescreen. For KH2 hardware mode is fine because there aren't glitches that need to be fixed with software mode.
(12-28-2013, 07:15 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to contradict goban and say to use DX11 due to compatibility. If you don't want black bars on the sidse you could use widescreen. For KH2 hardware mode is fine because there aren't glitches that need to be fixed with software mode.

Yes,Direct x 11 is better.
Thanks for the suggestions, but after reading some info from goban's link, it says widescreen is not recommended, unless you set it in the specific game's menu. Is this true, or did I misread the part about widescreen ratio?
(12-28-2013, 07:57 PM)BlazingSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the suggestions, but after reading some info from goban's link, it says widescreen is not recommended, unless you set it in the specific game's menu. Is this true, or did I misread the part about widescreen ratio?

It will stretch the image so it won't look quite right yes.
Some games are LOTS faster in DX11 than DX9(Xenosaga 2), a few games are faster in DX9. Mostly stick with DX11.
(12-28-2013, 09:11 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Some games are LOTS faster in DX11 than DX9(Xenosaga 2), a few games are faster in DX9. Mostly stick with DX11.

yep, thts right, I mean whats the type of DX9 n 10/11 depending on how u play games with it, some game has bugs in DX9 thts not be solved with this type, but, in other types can be fixed without problems
example of a game in the Fatal Frame series: This game has a bug in all versions, if u play this game with the type of DX9 or 10, u still find this bug and can not be repaired, unless u play with SW rendering mode .. conversely, if play this game with DX11 type some bugs will disappear and the game can be played with some minor bug.. Smile
CMIIW...
I have one last question. It doesn't have to do with video settings, but it is better to ask it here rather than create a new thread. Well here it is: When playing PS2 games from the disc like KH2, Sonic Heroes, and GTA Vice City, the noise my laptop's disc drive makes is awful. The games run smooth at 60 FPS at 1600x900, but the noise of the disc drive is annoying and I am afraid the laptop's disc drive might get damaged. Is there something I can do to solve this, or is there any alternate solution.
Yeah, make an image of the disc with imgburn

Put disc in drive, start it, click "Create Image file from disc", click the yellow folder icon and choose a place for the image, and then click the button at the bottom to read it.

In PCSX2 under CDVD menu use ISO selector to find the image. That's all.