..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSCX2 won't launch (simple issue)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i had noticed an issue in pcsx2 not launching from way back don't remember exactly when and i was surprised it wasn't noticed even in the 1.2.1 release it just requires changing a folder name, i have windows 8.1 64-bit with the arabic language pack as the displey language i think pcsx2 detect the system language but can't find the arabic language folder, basicly i rename the ar folder to ar_SA and it launches, and it wont start if it was only ar so hope you rename that folder i don't care about the language i use the english anyway.
That's a very weird problem. I know there was an issue with the arabic language, but i thought we'd fixed that. It apparently depends on the language settings of your machine as well, if you are set to english in windows, it shouldn't crash. Very odd
the solution as i said is renaming the ar folder in the pcsx2 langs folder to ar_SA.
yeah i just tested it does crash after applying arabic language but it re-open the first time configuration at least.

ps. i did edit the pcsx2_ui.ini file and used the arabic and it worked it doesnt work in the first time configuration only.

i was at english and just replaced en_US with ar_SA, the language id could be the issue here, left it at 58 as it is in the ini file.
what is the exact language detected on your system? On linux it seems to work as expected (without rename) if I set my language as ar_SA (only ar doesn't work)
i have ar as the display language in my win 8.1 64-bit pcsx2 wouln't start until i rename the ar to ar_SA and it automatically chooses english in the first run after i rename the ar folder, and the ar appear in the languages list but the wizard will crash if i choose ar and hit apply.

i could post a video if you want.
Svn was updated by Ref, could you give it a try.
yeah i sent him a pm about it.

it would not launch until i moved the ar_SA folder i think he changed some of the program codes so i told him to revert it, if possible.
Then i would suggest there is a problem with the translation if that's happening, not the code/folder name themselves.

You will probably have a similar affect changing your system language to English (United States) as to renaming the folder.
Did you have an error message saying that the locale is unsupported?
Pages: 1 2