..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Great computer, but PCSX2 still runs slow.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello there. I recently downloaded PCSX2, and I've been trying to play a certain game (.hack G.U.), but no matter what it constantly slows down and speeds up depending on how much is going on in the game. I've fiddled with nearly all combinations of settings and speedhacks trying to get it to work correctly, but nothing fixes it. And the strange part is, is that I'm fairly certain I have more than a good enough computer to handle it. Here are my specs:

CPU
AMD FX-8320
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 (Socket M2)
Graphics
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (ATI AIB)

I would really appreciate if I could get some feedback as to why it doesn't run properly.

And yes, I do have the latest version of PCSX2.
AMD CPU.

Sorry.
What is the EE and GS% during the slowdowns, using no speedhacks and native resolution?

Since your system is similar to mine, you shouldn't struggle too bad if you overclock to about 4ghz.
Overclock your cpu to 4GHZ and you should see improvement also if you got your video Scaling higher then 2x bring it down.
You want to know why your 'great computer' is struggling?

Look here to find Single-Thread performance of your cpu. Compare the value to current generation intel cpu's.

AMD cpu's are often worse in Single-Thread-Performance but similar in Multi-Threaded-Performance and provide better balanced APU's. But for pcsx2 in GS-hardware-mode Single-Thread performance is the most important. You can try to use the Software mode and increase number of additional threads to 3 or 4. Probably you will get very nice results.... But then you can not scale the resolution...

As already mentioned. Overclock that great cpu and everything will be better.
That cpu can run that game just fine. Also Mkilbride that was a pointless post.
Look at this. Hack//G.U is at the very bottom.

Link
(02-05-2014, 12:11 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]That cpu can run that game just fine. Also Mkilbride that was a pointless post.
Look at this. Hack//G.U is at the very bottom.

Link

that is over 2 years old that thread and the original post hasnt been updated in just as long emulation has gotten more accurate since so i doubt that still holds true. Stock speeds AMD cpu fail in comparison to intel cpu single thread performance, one has to overclock that amd to get same performance of intel cpu single thread performance at stock.
(02-05-2014, 03:05 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]that is over 2 years old that thread and the original post hasnt been updated in just as long emulation has gotten more accurate since so i doubt that still holds true.

That cpu is still not slow. It should be plenty for that game.
(02-05-2014, 03:08 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]That cpu is still not slow. It should be plenty for that game.

providing the emulator was less accurate way back when that post was made sure, but it not it more accurate now then it was 2+ years ago. so it more demanding.

Which is all besides the point if his EE is a 90%+ he CPU is bottlenecking him. and only thing that MIGHT reduce that is MTVU hack other then OCing

till he post that info we can argue about that till we blue in the face
Dot hack // G.U is one of the most intense games to emulate on the PS2. It had slow downs on the PS2, just like SoTC and whatnot.

Even I struggle running it.
Pages: 1 2 3