..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: custom resolution?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I apologize if I am missing something obvious here, which is likely...

I just upgraded my video card to a radeon hd 7790, i know right, before that had a radeon 6570 or some cr*p.

main reason i bought this is I wanted to run pcsx2 in high resolution. but now that I have the new card I cannot get it to go into anything but native resolution, 512 x 448 or whatever it is. ironic isnt it

i have not changed anything in the emulator i do not think and I am sure that it worked with the old video card. I am sure because it showed up on top of screen and ran at like 40 fps.

under gsdx i have tried dx11 and 9, native resolution is unchecked, custom in the box, 1280 x 768 is the resolution I have put, but I have tried others.

any suggestions? thanks
The bar at the top will always say 640*448. The game is still being upscaled if you set a custom resolution.
You have to put a resolution Real number.
oh ok, thanks nobbs. i thought it did change before but it probably didnt...

so theres no way to tell really except by the graphics/ frame rate?
(02-05-2014, 07:19 AM)stavstav2 Wrote: [ -> ]oh ok, thanks nobbs. i thought it did change before but it probably didnt...

so theres no way to tell really except by the graphics/ frame rate?

Yep you've got the idea.
Title bar shows game native resolution always, Setting custom res number is only way to know what resolution is being used that or 2/3/4/5/6x what ever there native resolution is in the title bar. PCSX2 has always been like this
(02-05-2014, 07:13 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]The bar at the top will always say 640*448. The game is still being upscaled if you set a custom resolution.

Isnt that resolution the size of the game window when its not in full screen?
No that resolution is the GSdx internal base resolution. I.E. the resoultion the GS would be rendering at on the PS2. It will not always show 640*448, but sometimes 512*384 or other stuff too.
Are you sure? I think we are talking about 2 different things here. I thought he was referring to the "Custom window size" resolution in the emulator settings.
Could I just slot in a side question here regarding custom resolution (doesnt seem different enough to start a new thread).

If you change a game to output as 1920x1080 for example, does the change in aspect ratio make a difference to the game? As in will it look weird or behave any differently to keeping its native aspect ratio? (Changed UI stuff, cutscenes, FOV etc)
Pages: 1 2