..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PS3 "HD" remakes" of PS2 games compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He all,

I was wondering if PCSX2 will be able to run some of the HD remake titles of the PS3 that are original PS2 game (Final Fantasy X & X-2 come to mind)

I saw that an PSP emulator was able to run a PS3/vita remake title (ps3 ran smoother) So i was wondering if PCSX2 could do the same.
(02-06-2014, 09:53 AM)oraclex Wrote: [ -> ]He all,

I was wondering if PCSX2 will be able to run some of the HD remake titles of the PS3 that are original PS2 game (Final Fantasy X & X-2 come to mind)
of course, no. those HD remakes are re-coded to run on ps3 hardware.

Plus, that would be completely useless.
Quote:I saw that an PSP emulator was able to run a PS3/vita remake title (ps3 ran smoother)

can you share the source ?
pcsx2 can not run a game that is recreated for ps3. however if you play the ps2 games with 3Xnative or higher resolution you can play the game in ps3 quality. some games even run better than their hd remakes.
Thanks for the quick replies.
I'm not wanting the remakes for better graphics only, it's more about the additional content.
as for the source, I read it on fora. it's Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD (PSP remake for PS3) that running in an emulator.
(02-06-2014, 10:12 AM)oraclex Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick replies.
I'm not wanting the remakes for better graphics only, it's more about the additional content.
as for the source, I read it on fora. it's Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD (PSP remake for PS3) that running in an emulator.

please share the link.
I'm quite interested in this.
as of now, u r out of luck to play the additional contents unless a ps3 emulator is released
ps2 uses emotion engine while ps3 uses a cell rsx engine. so the architecture is totally different.
(02-06-2014, 10:12 AM)oraclex Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick replies.

Well I'm afraid to link it directly (forum policy)
how ever try google (keyword: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver) and I think you manage to find it.

Let me know what ya think Smile
Quote:4Q. Is this a "real" PS3 game?
4A. No, it's a PSP game designed to run in an emulator which can have larger texture sizes, as well as more system RAM. By allowing for these in PPSSPP, we can run these HD Remasters with little hassle.

So no, in fact this is just a PSP game running on a PSP emulator Tongue
(02-06-2014, 11:34 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]So no, in fact this is just a PSP game running on a PSP emulator Tongue

ok, but what about FFX HD remaster for PS3 ?
did they use the same method ? like integrating a kind of PS2 emu running from the PS3 DVD ?
Pages: 1 2