..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: normal FPS, but some games are slow.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I'm having some problems in some games where the FPS goes normal (60~58) but the gameplay goes in slow motion. I usually can play with this problem, but in the game "The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning" it's starting to get annoying. Anyone knows what could be the problem? And the slow gameplay only happens in some parts, is that normal to occur in games or it's just with me?

PC specs:
AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-cores
8 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

My PCSX2 is "PCSX2 1.0.0.r5350 - compiled on Aug 1 2012"
(02-09-2014, 05:40 PM)KireRex Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I'm having some problems in some games where the FPS goes normal (60~58) but the gameplay goes in slow motion. I usually can play with this problem, but in the game "The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning" it's starting to get annoying. Anyone knows what could be the problem? And the slow gameplay only happens in some parts, is that normal to occur in games or it's just with me?

PC specs:
8 GB DDR3

First of all update to 1.2.1 official version.

Are you using speedhacks?

Are you playing straight from the disc or from an ISO?
(02-09-2014, 05:40 PM)KireRex Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

PC specs:
8 GB DDR3

Speedhacks can cause false fps readings. VU cycle stealing in particular can do this. Your hardware doesn't help the situation either. Your cpu is on the weak side.
I'm playing from an ISO, my discs are no more Sad
I didn't know there was a new version, I updated mine.
I'm using some speed hacks, otherwise the game goes really slow and there are some other games that work fine with hacks and go slow without it.
So, there is no solution?
(02-09-2014, 06:22 PM)KireRex Wrote: [ -> ]I'm playing from an ISO, my discs are no more Sad
I didn't know there was a new version, I updated mine.
I'm using some speed hacks, otherwise the game goes really slow and there are some other games that work fine with hacks and go slow without it.
So, there is no solution?

What are your EE and GS percentages when a slowdown occurs?
(02-09-2014, 06:31 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]What are your EE and GS percentages when a slowdown occurs?

When the game become slow the EE goes 70%~75% and the GS goes 15%~20%.
What are those?
(02-09-2014, 06:40 PM)KireRex Wrote: [ -> ]When the game become slow the EE goes 70%~75% and the GS goes 15%~20%.
What are those?

Thats showing a cpu bottleneck
Yeah, overclocking your cpu would help.
With 38~40°C here in Brazil recently, overclock the CPU isn't a good idea...
I think I'll play like this for the time, with the new version of the emulator the slow motion become a bit better.
Thanks for the help, anyway.
You could also try the EE Cyclerate Stealing speedhack. Just watch out for glitches it may cause.
Pages: 1 2