..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low FPS ingame but Normal everywhere else
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Computer Specs:
System Model- Aspire R7-571
Ram- 8GB
DirectX- 11
Display- Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Processor- Intel® i5-3337u @ 1.8GHz 1.8GHz
OS- Windows 8 64-bit

I have been using the ePSXe emulator for along time, everything runs normal and smooth.. Yesterday I downloaded and set up the PCSX2 1.2.1 and this is were the confusion starts. I understand the emulator is hardware demanding, so I'm my Processor is to blame? (I like laptops more than desktops)

The game runes fine in animated videos and the pause menu (60-55FPS) but when it comes to game time its around 20FPS.
Are there any other PS2 emulators out there that perform the job but could work on my system? (I have two PS2s in my possession)
Yeah, your cpu is pretty weak. It is definitely the problem. There are also no other PS2 emulators
Yeah that's a special low power cpu, definitely not ideal for PS2 emulation. What game are you tryna play?
I agree with Nobbs, but I also want to add that that is an odd notebook design. The touchpad is above the keyboard? o.O
(02-09-2014, 09:31 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that's a special low power cpu, definitely not ideal for PS2 emulation. What game are you tryna play?

Im trying to play Ratchet & Clank. I believe the it can be turbo boosted to 2.7GHz, but I am inexperienced with those types of mods and don't want to cause hardware damage.

Guess its time to start saving for a new system? I got this PC for programing and gamming seems to be a completely different monster.
Forget about ratchet & Clank with this system.
It's one of the most demanding games.

Keep playing it on your PS2 for now.
(02-09-2014, 09:35 PM)metalmallow Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with Nobbs, but I also want to add that that is an odd notebook design. The touchpad is above the keyboard? o.O

The touch pad is above the keyboard because you can swivel the display to any desired angel and bring the screen closer to the user! I love it =] The screen is touch sensor input, so there is not much need for the touch pad.

(02-09-2014, 09:42 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Forget about ratchet & Clank with this system.
It's one of the most demanding games.

Keep playing it on your PS2 for now.

This is very disappointing, thank you for confirming my fear. Seems I will have to stick with my PS2 and T.V. until I have the budget needed for a better system. My main target is portability, which desktops and my PS2 lacks.
(02-09-2014, 09:44 PM)Code Phox Wrote: [ -> ]The touch pad is above the keyboard because you can swivel the display to any desired angel and bring the screen closer to the user! I love it =] The screen is touch sensor input, so there is not much need for the touch pad.

Even I struggle with Ratchet on my system. You need a really good pc to run those games.

If you need help on building a good pc let us know
(02-09-2014, 09:50 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: [ -> ]Even I struggle with Ratchet on my system. You need a really good pc to run those games.

If you need help on building a good pc let us know

Since he/she absolutely wants a laptop, I think the machine he's/she's looking for doesn't exist yet...
(02-09-2014, 10:07 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Since he/she absolutely wants a laptop, I think the machine he's/she's looking for doesn't exist yet...

I believe there are some strong enough for ratchet, but they cost a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3