..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 blank screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Uhm, Hi. I'm new here and to PCSX2.

I'm having a problem with the Direct3D9 hardware mode, where I get a blank black screen. I've been googling for a solution a few days now and haven't found anything that helps. It works in software mode but is slow (of course).

My Specs;

CPU - Intel Pentium D 3.20 GHz
GPU - Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME
RAM - 3 GB
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My graphics card is integrated and I'm planning on trying to upgrade it with a GeForce 8400 GS 1 GB DDR3 video card.
(02-12-2014, 11:49 PM)ShanaShingetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm, Hi. I'm new here and to PCSX2.

I'm having a problem with the Direct3D9 hardware mode, where I get a blank black screen. I've been googling for a solution a few days now and haven't found anything that helps. It works in software mode but is slow (of course).

My Specs;

CPU - Intel Pentium D 3.20 GHz
GPU - Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME
RAM - 3 GB
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My graphics card is integrated and I'm planning on trying to upgrade it with a GeForce 8400 GS 1 GB DDR3 video card.

It's because that integrated graphics card isn't supported.

That cpu is weak too.

What game are you tryna play?
(02-12-2014, 11:52 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]It's because that integrated graphics card isn't supported.

That cpu is weak too.

What game are you tryna play?

Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil - Code Veronica.
(02-12-2014, 11:56 PM)ShanaShingetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil - Code Veronica.

Well it works in software mode because that only uses the cpu and not the graphics card. I know that Kingdom Hearts is not a demanding game but with those specs it will be slow.

Try enabling MTVU although you only have two cores but it might help.

Try the EE Cyclerate Stealing speedhack. It may cause graphical glitches/bugs so just watch out for those.
(02-12-2014, 11:56 PM)ShanaShingetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil - Code Veronica.
I would just stick to your ps2 until you get a better pc.
(02-13-2014, 12:00 AM)Donovan24 Wrote: [ -> ]Well it works in software mode because that only uses the cpu and not the graphics card. I know that Kingdom Hearts is not a demanding game but with those specs it will be slow.

Try enabling MTVU although you only have two cores but it might help.

Try the EE Cyclerate Stealing speedhack. It may cause graphical glitches/bugs so just watch out for those.

Tried them both, and in several combinations. It's still slow (sometimes even worse) during game play. FPS drops to about 20 to 30 (sometimes lower).

Guess I'll just get my PS2 fixed or replaced.