..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Best way to config GSdx?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I want to know how is best way to config GSdx plugin. My config is that in the picture. I have set 1680x1050 resolution, it's the native resolution of my monitor.
But when I set in that mode, graphic is better but with some ugly glitches like in Dragon Ball Tenkaichi 3, with double figure for some characters in battle screen.
When I set D3D internal res to native, general graphic quality is a little worst but there aren't glitches.
So, what are your suggestions?
I use pcsx2 r612 and GSdx 0.1.14 SSE41
That's the 2 options you have.
Low res and kinda correct, or high res and buggy effects in some games. Tongue2
i would add Logarithmic Z, and check texture filtering again to make it greyed out, from what i've seen it fixes some small glitches Wink
Is impossible to add Logarithmic Z as you can see and I have already check Tex Filtering.
ah i didn't notice sorry, you can click again on the checkbox with the filtering though, making it automatic, at least in DX9 you can Wink

[Image: Clipboard02.jpg]
to be clear! i'm not asking!

It's not possible to check logarithmic Z on DX10, the option isn't selecionable, it's notorius that DX10 not suffer from " Z " issues like DX9, some games have problems with resolutions that differ from native one.
Black lines its the most commom problem that I encounter in some games, and I think it's will not change...

----
I just said something like that Rama said, with more words...
><
There are many ways to configure GSdx DX10 version, aiming for good speeds:

1)Weak graphic card: D3D internal res set to native or 800x600 and no texture filtering.

2)Average graphic card like mine: D3D internal res around 1024x768~1280x800 with texture filtering

3)Powerful graphic card: D3D internal res higher than 1280X800 with texture filtering
(02-27-2009, 02:09 PM)Gentleman Wrote: [ -> ]There are many ways to configure GSdx DX10 version, aiming for good speeds:

1)Weak graphic card: D3D internal res set to native or 800x600 and no texture filtering.

2)Average graphic card like mine: D3D internal res around 1024x768~1280x800 with texture filtering

3)Powerful graphic card: D3D internal res higher than 1280X800 with texture filtering

as you can see in the pic, I have not a great graphic in DBZ Tenkaichi 3 with 1680x1050 internal res, Texture Filtering checked and NLOPP checked grey There is also a "ghost" near Vegeta Laugh . I use GSdx 0.1.14 SSE41 and I have an 8800GTX. If I check "Native" without set any internal res, graphic look a bit worst but without glitches like the "ghost"
Yeah Wink It's like this.. For average cards like mine(9600GT) there's a rule I follow.

For games too demanding I aim for D3D lower resolutions like 1024x768, to achieve better speeds. But for games that are not so demanding I set the D3D internal res to higher resolutions to get better graphics without losing speed. Smile
For specific games of mine like mana khemia, soul calibur first ver., Ff vii DC, HAVe perfect picture on gsdx plugin with native res but will be worst if i set higher than native res.