..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 4 Help / Setting Up PSCX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, so. I just got Persona 4 after I found out my friend trashed my PS2 when I lent it to him. (No worries I got his PSP in return) but I wan't to play Persona 4.

Now, it seems to run fine up until the point where it is his first dream / first battle, and its all like BAM ATTACK then FREEZE. I can Press Tri. to get to the "Rush Stop" Thing. I dunno what it is...

Tis my old copy of Persona 4 that I am using so it should be fine.

Any ideas? Could it be my settings?

This is my computer:
http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/FX/10155...Rsp3.shtml

And I mean.. I can run Crysis Max Settings basically.. I should be fine for that...

These are my Settings:
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
WITH

Resolution 1920x1200 60Hz
Direct3D10 (Hardware)
Shader is grayed out but set at Pixel Shader 3.0
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ration 16:9
D3D Internal Res: 1024 1024 Native NOT checked
SW rend: 1
NLOOP Hack Checked
Texture Filtering CHECKED
Wait vsync CHECKED
Aplpha correction (FBA) CHECKED

Edited: Forgot to mention that I do have Disable Forced ABS and EE/IOP Sync Hack (Speed Hacks) Enabled.

Any and all help to set this up the best I can would be helpful. Thanks.
1) No your pc is not that hot. The cpu is quite slow for pcsx2 usage.. Emulation is 90% dependent on RAW cpu speed.
2) That said, you are using a QUITE old version of the emulator. Here, http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html, read well the instructions...
3) Speedhacks are unstable anyway. Use them at your own risk. And those speedhacks are very old...
(02-27-2009, 06:19 AM)Krakatos Wrote: [ -> ]1) No your pc is not that hot. The cpu is quite slow for pcsx2 usage.. Emulation is 90% dependent on RAW cpu speed.
2) That said, you are using a QUITE old version of the emulator. Here, http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html, read well the instructions...
3) Speedhacks are unstable anyway. Use them at your own risk. And those speedhacks are very old...

Hey, thanks for your help. The updated version seems to of done the trick. Theres the odd graphic error so far. Other then that its running fine.

>.> As for your "PC Is not that Hot" Well first off, I wasn't trying to show it off. It seems every other topic I looked it, it asked people to list what kind of computer they got. >.> No need for a comment like that.
My answer wasn't meant to be scathing. I put in point 1 because you made a comparison with Crysys.

Pc games and an emulator are completely different things. The emulator does not use GPU a lot. The cpu is the key, simple as that.
I understand that but I was just commenting thats all. But anyways. Game seems to be working fine so far. Any more problems I will post either here or in another topic. Thanks again.
with a phenom u should think about overclocking it. My x2 4800+ at stock fsb could run pcsx2 better than yours. 3 ghz is the money spot for our cpus (quad core means nothing with pcsx2, just cpu speed)
(02-27-2009, 03:34 AM)Jash Wrote: [ -> ]my friend trashed my PS2 when I lent it to him. (No worries I got his PSP in return)
also you must have a ps2 to be able to legally use the emu (i think you missed that krakatos Unsure)
use the beta snapshot to fix it.
i had the same problem with that spot and the next boss battle after that, and the rev 528 fixed it.