..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need help with emulating!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there. So, I'm having some issues. I'm going to make this short and sweet. I'm having a hard time emulating PS2 games, it's extremley laggy in some areas. and here are my specs.

AMD Athlon X4 Quad core CPU
Nvidia GTX 650ti boost (1gb version)
8 GB DDR3 ram @ 1600 mhz

Now, if I can max out Battlefield 3, why can't I run some 10 year old video games? I'm sure this is probably a plugin issue, but I could use any sort of help guys, thanks!
(02-17-2014, 10:02 PM)FrightfulBody Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there. So, I'm having some issues. I'm going to make this short and sweet. I'm having a hard time emulating PS2 games, it's extremley laggy in some areas. and here are my specs.

AMD Athlon X4 Quad core CPU
Nvidia GTX 650ti boost (1gb version)
8 GB DDR3 ram @ 1600 mhz

Now, if I can max out Battlefield 3, why can't I run some 10 year old video games? I'm sure this is probably a plugin issue, but I could use any sort of help guys, thanks!

It's not a plugin issue.

You can't compare native pc games to emulation, it's possible you system is too weak for emulation.

What specific game(s) are you tryna play?
What is your CPU's clock speed ? I have heard AMD CPUs usually dont perform that well with PCSX2/PS2 emulation.
My CPU is clocked @ 4.2 GHz

I'm trying to play Dragon Ball Z Budokai tenkichi 2
(02-17-2014, 10:20 PM)FrightfulBody Wrote: [ -> ]My CPU is clocked @ 4.2 GHz

I'm trying to play Dragon Ball Z Budokai tenkichi 2

Try using the MTVU speedhack.

What are your EE and VU percentages when a slowdown occurs? It's shown in the title bar when in windowed mode.
Nevermind guys, it works now! I messed with some settings earlier, so it may of taken a while to change over. Thanks for helping Smile
What Modell is your CPU exactly?
4.2 Ghz on an Athlon is really high in my opinion. Are you sure this OC is stable and the Temps are not too high or the CPU is throttling?
DBZ games are not very demanding, an 3.0-3.2 Ghz Athlon Quad Core should have no problem to run them at full speed.
(02-17-2014, 10:31 PM)FrightfulBody Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind guys, it works now! I messed with some settings earlier, so it may of taken a while to change over. Thanks for helping Smile

Glad to help.

Enjoy.