..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Issues with Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I restarted this game and when i have it on Hardware graphical mode (both 3D9 and 3D11) i get a lot of visual artifacts and many cutscenes have MAJOR rendering issues. This can be fixed by putting it on Software mode, but when i do, it only gets about 30 FPS at the max (hardware gives me an average of 60). Is there any way to fix this?
(02-22-2014, 03:58 AM)urbaneVampire Wrote: [ -> ]I restarted this game and when i have it on Hardware graphical mode (both 3D9 and 3D11) i get a lot of visual artifacts and many cutscenes have MAJOR rendering issues. This can be fixed by putting it on Software mode, but when i do, it only gets about 30 FPS at the max (hardware gives me an average of 60). Is there any way to fix this?

What are your specs?
Running PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875)
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
12GB RAM
NVidea GeForce GTX 550Ti
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Current Resolution 1680 x 1050, 59Hz
(02-22-2014, 03:58 AM)urbaneVampire Wrote: [ -> ]I restarted this game and when i have it on Hardware graphical mode (both 3D9 and 3D11) i get a lot of visual artifacts and many cutscenes have MAJOR rendering issues. This can be fixed by putting it on Software mode, but when i do, it only gets about 30 FPS at the max (hardware gives me an average of 60). Is there any way to fix this?

In what part of the game are all these artifacts?

Try setting extra rendering threads to 3.
are you usuing VU/EE stealing? cause this game has none of those issues in hardware mode when thing are left at defualt