..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: disable screen saver not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Running lilypad and have the checkbox checked.. But screen saver kicks on ever 30 minutes (what I have mine set to)

PCSX 1.2.1
lilypad version svn (r5822) 0.11.0 (yeah, I know its old...had it on hand and it works other than the screensaver hack).. worked on my 1.0

Any suggestions outside of turning off the screensaver or tap the mouse (what I'm doing now)

thanks folks for any suggestions.
(02-22-2014, 10:07 PM)scythefwd Wrote: [ -> ]Running lilypad and have the checkbox checked.. But screen saver kicks on ever 30 minutes (what I have mine set to)

PCSX 1.2.1
lilypad version svn (r5822) 0.11.0 (yeah, I know its old...had it on hand and it works other than the screensaver hack).. worked on my 1.0

Any suggestions outside of turning off the screensaver or tap the mouse (what I'm doing now)

thanks folks for any suggestions.

Why not just disable the screen saver all together?
dont like the hassle.. I want to interact with my os as little as possible because its ui is a steaming hunk of turd basically. I know it takes no time to shut it off..
use the pokopom controller plugin. that has a screensaver option that temporary disables ALL power management options and not just the screensaver. lilypad only temporarily disables the screensaver and that's it. it doesn't do anything for screen dimming, etc. that laptops have.
I dont have the issue with dimming, just my screen saver pops on mid play.. why oh why wont windows recognize that there IS input. mainly joystick.
Windows doesn't count joystick input when polling for input regarding screensavers.
annoying lack of forsight on Microsofts part. If a joystick is being used.. the user probably doesnt want the screen saver to pop on lol.
I agree. It's prolly more effort than you want, but without disabling the SS you could get around it by using joy2key to bind one of your buttons to a keyboard letter like "a" and then whenever you pushed that button, Windows would register and not run the screensaver. And your gameplay would still work as normal.
cant seem to get pokopom to recognize my dual shock. Looks like I can use liliy or ssspsx
Dont use screen savers no more i just set my monitor to 15min to turn off might wana report this as bug in the lilypad topic but like mentioned it probably windows thing
Pages: 1 2