..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ar Tonelico - Cannot save to memory card after using save/load state.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am using PCSX2 1.2.1 (looks like r5875). I am using a USA BIOS, v02.20(10/02/2006).

In Ar Tonelico, after I save or load from a save state, I can no longer use save points in the game to save to the memory card. It states that there is no memory card inserted.

My first attempt to fix the problem was to check my log -- it states that it re-inserted the card after it ejected it. I attempted to manually eject and re-insert next, to no avail.

I tried checking and unchecking the box to re-insert on load state -- no change in behavior.

I've tried playing for a while to see if it took some time to re-index the card. After an hour of play, it still does not detect the card.

If I load the game normally, I am able to load my previous memory card save and save normally. However, I have made substantial progress since then that I would not enjoy losing. I prefer to keep both save states and actual memory card saves, for compatibility and reliability reasons.

I can continue to play only using save states, but would sincerely appreciate it if anyone had any information concerning this issue.

Thank you for your time.
i have no further information but maybe a hint: use several states (changing with F2) to avoid overwriting of your old saves with bugged states... There will probably be a point where you will face errors and if you don't use savestates that are sufficiently old you can not overcome those bugs...

Are you waiting long enough in the save dialog where you have to choose the memcard? Because reinitialization happens in that moment and can take some time...
(03-09-2014, 03:30 AM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]i have no further information but maybe a hint: use several states (changing with F2) to avoid overwriting of your old saves with bugged states... There will probably be a point where you will face errors and if you don't use savestates that are sufficiently old you can not overcome those bugs...

Are you waiting long enough in the save dialog where you have to choose the memcard? Because reinitialization happens in that moment and can take some time...

Yes, I have been cycling through different savestates already. Definitely not new to savestate corruption!

There is no time to wait in the save dialog in the game. You select save from the menu, it loads for a moment, and then tells you that it can't find a memory card in slot 1. But if you look at PCSX2 it says it mounted the card -- in fact, you can load from the card if you restart the game and save to it at those save points. But if you ever load from a savestate instead, you can no longer use save points in the game.

As for the amount of time I've waited after PCSX2 says it inserted the memory card -- I've waited up to an hour.

Thanks.
don't change anything and just go saving until the memory card shows up, normally it works for me after the third time.
Can you please test this with a PCSX2 revision prior to 5622? You can get a 5621 from Orphis.
(03-09-2014, 02:12 PM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please test this with a PCSX2 revision prior to 5622? You can get a 5621 from Orphis.

I'll give that a shot in a bit.

(03-09-2014, 05:51 AM)herr2222 Wrote: [ -> ]don't change anything and just go saving until the memory card shows up, normally it works for me after the third time.

I tried spamming the save option for a few minutes. Probably upward of 25 tries. Nothing.
(03-09-2014, 02:12 PM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please test this with a PCSX2 revision prior to 5622? You can get a 5621 from Orphis.

I have tested this as requested and cannot reproduce the problem on 5621. I've spent the past five minutes saving and loading from states, restarting pcsx2, ejecting and inserting memory cards, and everything seems to be working. So either the bug was introduced in 5622, or I have not managed to trigger it yet in 5621. It is probably important to mention that I was able to use both save states and save games for some time in 5622 before the problem occurred, so it is certainly possible that the problem exists with 5621 as well.

Unfortunately, when I resume from one of my 5622 states in 5621, no input from my gamepad registers. Yet it does if I load a save game from memory card, or save a state in 5621 and load it.
I will make a test momentarily.
Could not reproduce this issue in 5914.
Dang, elusive issue then.

@Chiruno: It seems you can easily reproduce the issue with the original version you were using. If you can do so, can you zip the savestate and memorycard files? To see if I can reproduce it on my end.
Pages: 1 2