..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXII Cinematic Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some Problems with Cinematics in Final Fantasy XII.

No matter what Video and Sound Plugins I use, the Cinematics will always lag and be unwatchable. Is this a problem I have to live with or are there any options to solve the issue?
I think you are fail about something really important info to tell in here. Your computer specs and pcsx2 version you are using include plugins and settings. hp
Well, this is the 0.9.5 Discussion Forum, so i thought my PCSX2's version would be obvious.

My pc:

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512mb
4GM Ram
Windows XP SP3

As I told in the first post it doesn't seem to matter what plugins I use, anyways, this is how I play normally:

Graphics Plugin: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00 SSSE3) 0.1.14
Sound Plugin: P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0

Screenshots of my Settings are attached.

I tried every possible setting for Sound and Graphics, but none of them even changed the quality of the Cinematics.

I also tested several other GSdx versions as well as some ZeroGS versions for my Graphic. For Sound I also used ZeroSPU 0.4.4 and GiGaHeRz SPU2 Driver.
That problem because from your sound plugin you was using. Try sound plugin Spu-X ver.1.1 or you can try sound plugin old peops spu2 1.6 driver.
Almost forget try with latest pcsx2 snapshot and do not enable x3 cycle rates, max x2 cycle rates or movie/FMV become worst (lag, repeated sound)
Tried it, but unfortunately nothing changed, neither for good nor for bad. :<

edit: While searching for SPU2-X, i found this thread, seems to describe my problem quite well, but has no solution either. :/
Did you try this latest beta snapshot? http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html . If not yet try that first.
Ye, I tried, program crashes. :/
Delete pcsx2.ini file first, then reconfig back your setting. Use gsdx.0.1.8 or gsdx.0.1.9 for GPU plugins.
Thats exactly what i did
I dont know man for your trouble but for me is fine. I think you make mess or something wrong about steps for play the pcsx2. Read again sticky thread about guide for playing pcsx2. Good luck.