..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tales Of Symphonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having an issue with Tales of Symphonia.

Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
GPU: ASUS R9 270 Series

The game for the most part runs fine, and looks alright with a few minor issues.

The main issue is when there is more then 3/4 character (including enemy's) on screen, it lags.

Starting off the game in the classroom is laggy, but i get out (plus the first battle) it seems fine, then getting into battle with 1 to many enemy's it lags.

I played around with a few settings and did some research but to no avail.

Any recommended settings/ a fix would be great!

using latest pcsx2.
Your pc is great to run games on pcsx2. enable mtvu hack, other recommanded speedhacks. also u can use frameskips and native resolution.
You should see if you are bottlenecked by gpu or cpu... You should be bottlenecked by neither. If you are than some settings are wrong.

Most probably I would look into the gs-settings if you have selected your dedicated gpu as output.

What are aour EE% GS%(in the titlebar in windowed mode) readings during lags?

Have you maybee accidentially changed the internal resolution to 30xnative? Or enabled all speedhacks?
fine tunning PCSX2 is your best bet your hardware is pretty close to top notch. drop everything to lowest settings and then turn it on one at a time intill you get the optimum FPS if mtvu hack is enabled it might slow down the game i have had it happen a couple times