..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any workaround to use a CSR bluetooth with DS4?
If I use the windows drivers with my CSR bt I can´t connect the controller.
But using the CSR Stack it connects but is not detected by DS4Tool :/.

I was looking for a 4.0 BT but I can´t find one that does not use CSR stack..
(06-29-2014, 11:54 AM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jays, had a wee prob this morning - when i turned on my computer it offered an update, which i ran, but then it said (as it usually does for me) that the updater has stopped working and needs to close. But for some reason this time it has deleted the .exe for the DS4 tool. and i cant run it anymore. I had to manually extract from the zip again. Just thought i should make you aware of that.

Also i actually like Drossiuss suggestion of a permanent placeholder type thing for if the controller is turned off. I have a bad time with the tool not detecting, freezing, crashing etc, when the idle time out happens (and while running as well). The only fix is to turn my machine off and back on again.

I had mentioned before its like when i turn the controller back on again from an idle time out, steam (or something else) grabs the controller as a DS4 first, and then the tool never reconnects. I think you said before that that shouldn't happen though so it might be something on my end - have you got an suggestions as to what i could do?

Incidentally, I regularly have the tool crash on me in the last while as well while running, like every couple of hours probably. I havent mentioned it though because, well its still in development, with regular updates and bug fixes so its to be expected to some extent, and also it just shuts without me being able to see a crash log or anything so i dont know if there any info I can provide to assist you in making a fix.

Do you have an error log for it or does it just go into it's not responding phase (for both the updater and ds4windows crash)? I'm thinking either a problem with not having .NET 4.5 or that dropbox may be getting heavy traffic, but since you said you can unzip it it might be that you don't have .NET 4.5, If you would be so kind to help me test, could you try the two debug updaters posted below and see if any or both work? The first one runs on .NET 4 and uses another method to unzip. the second one runs on .NET 4.5 and uses .NET's built in unzip method, however I changed some things around so it may work now. Both updaters will automatically download v10.651 and installs it where you place the updater.exe.

I'm not sure what the main tool issue is, but I'll try to see if I can get that to happen to. As for you seconding Drossious' problem, to have to restart your pc for it to work shouldn't be needed. At best you should just need to turn off steam while connecting the controller for hide ds4 to work. Admitelly, jheb has more knowledge on how the drivers work. The dongle or adapter you have for bluetooth may not like how it handles how it disconnects, but I can only test so many conditions.

(06-29-2014, 03:49 PM)wilflare Wrote: [ -> ]@J2K

is there a way to customise where the installer installs the Virtual Bus Driver to?
I would like to keep everything to Program Files rather than that being at the root

The VBus installs install in the program's directory, or appdata if it can't write to there. However you're free to move the vbus folder where ever you feel to.

(06-29-2014, 08:09 PM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any workaround to use a CSR bluetooth with DS4?
If I use the windows drivers with my CSR bt I can´t connect the controller.
But using the CSR Stack it connects but is not detected by DS4Tool :/.

I was looking for a 4.0 BT but I can´t find one that does not use CSR stack..

As it stands only the windows stack works. the 4.0 dongle I use isn't available on amazon anymore but this is pretty similar http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Blu...+medialink
(06-29-2014, 08:46 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have an error log for it or does it just go into it's not responding phase (for both the updater and ds4windows crash)? I'm thinking either a problem with not having .NET 4.5 or that dropbox may be getting heavy traffic, but since you said you can unzip it it might be that you don't have .NET 4.5, If you would be so kind to help me test, could you try the two debug updaters posted below and see if any or both work? The first one runs on .NET 4 and uses another method to unzip. the second one runs on .NET 4.5 and uses .NET's built in unzip method, however I changed some things around so it may work now. Both updaters will automatically download v10.651 and installs it where you place the updater.exe.

I'm not sure what the main tool issue is, but I'll try to see if I can get that to happen to. As for you seconding Drossious' problem, to have to restart your pc for it to work shouldn't be needed. At best you should just need to turn off steam while connecting the controller for hide ds4 to work. Admitelly, jheb has more knowledge on how the drivers work. The dongle or adapter you have for bluetooth may not like how it handles how it disconnects, but I can only test so many conditions.

So for the updater, i didnt get a crash log, it just shut and prob hadn't finished moving the updated .exe to the program location? not sure how the updater works but that seems like what happened.
I def have .net 4.52 installed and i recently re installed my operating system to make sure there were no other conflicting drivers, programs etc. Both the updaters work for me, they updated and ran the .exe fine, so hopefully that is the fix whatever it is you've done. Thank you for that!

For the regular program crashes as it is running, thats what the crash log i posted was from, i just dont have a clue what its saying!

I remember mentioning it before and seeing others saying about it, and the general reply was restarting the machine wasn't needed, but i have tried everything i can time and again and if it looses connection by idle time out - and sometimes following a crash of the tool - I cannot get it to reconnect if steam is running. Even if i turn everything off and restart the program, after that, it tries to connect, and doesn't manage it, the white light flashes then i get the usb disconnect sound and the light goes out with it refusing to connect. OR, it will connect and light up as if its connected as a DS4 pad and not the xbox pad, but i cant do anything with it.
If i manually turn it off and on with ps+options its fine, reconnects no problem. The crashes are the most problematic though, sometimes it'll crash when Im pressing a direction and it'll get stuck being pressed, and the mouse is stuck going in that direction and i cant do anything but turn the power off! Not good in a competitive game! Anyway, i dont want it to sound like im just complaining, i appreciate it can be hard to pin these things down. It might even be my dongle. Its just a generic unbranded one, but it is EDR 4.0 HS compliant, not sure of the internals.

I also thought that if there was some kind of 'placeholder' option, then it would solve that kind of issue i was having, if its not feasible then thats fine too.
(06-29-2014, 11:16 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]So for the updater, i didnt get a crash log, it just shut and prob hadn't finished moving the updated .exe to the program location? not sure how the updater works but that seems like what happened.
I def have .net 4.52 installed and i recently re installed my operating system to make sure there were no other conflicting drivers, programs etc. Both the updaters work for me, they updated and ran the .exe fine, so hopefully that is the fix whatever it is you've done. Thank you for that!

For the regular program crashes as it is running, thats what the crash log i posted was from, i just dont have a clue what its saying!

I remember mentioning it before and seeing others saying about it, and the general reply was restarting the machine wasn't needed, but i have tried everything i can time and again and if it looses connection by idle time out - and sometimes following a crash of the tool - I cannot get it to reconnect if steam is running. Even if i turn everything off and restart the program, after that, it tries to connect, and doesn't manage it, the white light flashes then i get the usb disconnect sound and the light goes out with it refusing to connect. OR, it will connect and light up as if its connected as a DS4 pad and not the xbox pad, but i cant do anything with it.
If i manually turn it off and on with ps+options its fine, reconnects no problem. The crashes are the most problematic though, sometimes it'll crash when Im pressing a direction and it'll get stuck being pressed, and the mouse is stuck going in that direction and i cant do anything but turn the power off! Not good in a competitive game! Anyway, i dont want it to sound like im just complaining, i appreciate it can be hard to pin these things down. It might even be my dongle. Its just a generic unbranded one, but it is EDR 4.0 HS compliant, not sure of the internals.

I also thought that if there was some kind of 'placeholder' option, then it would solve that kind of issue i was having, if its not feasible then thats fine too.

Could you elaborate more on the updater shutting down, does it say it's not responding, does it just disappear after trying to run it, does it not run at all?

Also looking at that that log you sent, it doesn't really tell me about the crash so it's not that helpful sadly. I really want to say the main program crashes due to the dongle but I can't be sure, could you just try usb for a while and see if the crashes like that still happen (not the idle timeout crash but the tool crashing after hours of running). Also What version of Windows are you running?

If you don't mind I'll try to send you some debug updaters, as well as the main tool via PMs to make sure it's running well for you and everyone else.
(06-26-2014, 07:49 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway for those on my build, Version 10.65 is out
  • Mouse Acceleration option, as requested

Man you rock. I'm the one who requested that from email. Just registered to thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

This thing rocks. It completely replaced joy2key for me.

Any practical ways to use the sixaxis thing? Like bind it to some shift - control or something? How do people use it?
(06-30-2014, 08:58 AM)Vrokolos Wrote: [ -> ]Man you rock. I'm the one who requested that from email. Just registered to thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

This thing rocks. It completely replaced joy2key for me.

Any practical ways to use the sixaxis thing? Like bind it to some shift - control or something? How do people use it?

Glad you're liking it.

And there's not a practical use for the sixaxis in most games. back when I mapped my DS3 to my PC I never mapped to the sixaxis until my little cousins wanted to play a racing game and moving the stick was too hard for them.
1. Hey J2K, can we have a no screen time out option in the profile to keep the screensaver, dimming, etc. away while we play games? I know pressing buttons will make it happen, I'm more interested in those games with very long cutscenes that exceed screensaver idle time or exceed button press time for you to even press anything on the controller. It is fine to keep it in the buttons too but can you make an option for it to happen always when it is checked? That way, no screensaver will come on when a game is on and will resume as normal when the game is closed (ala profiles).

2. Also, can you use this ahk script to help you convert and integrate the ability to hide the mouse cursor on touchpad inactivity (drag the script into the exe for it to start working) within a profile. This is the best one i've seen used that doesn't boot you out of games when the cursor disappears.
(06-30-2014, 09:28 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Hey J2K, can we have a no screen time out option in the profile to keep the screensaver, dimming, etc. away while we play games? I know pressing buttons will make it happen, I'm more interested in those games with very long cutscenes that exceed screensaver idle time or exceed button press time for you to even press anything on the controller. It is fine to keep it in the buttons too but can you make an option for it to happen always when it is checked? That way, no screensaver will come on when a game is on and will resume as normal when the game is closed (ala profiles).

2. Also, can you use this ahk script to help you convert and integrate the ability to hide the mouse cursor on touchpad inactivity (drag the script into the exe for it to start working) within a profile. This is the best one i've seen used that doesn't boot you out of games when the cursor disappears.

IIRC screensavers are disabled in truly fullscreen programs like games. I also rather not mess with system settings if I don't have to as well, since it's still a pretty buggy program and if it crashes settings won't get go back to how they were before. likewise with the hiding cursor.

Speaking of, Ahk uses its only language to make it's scripts, and it's not even close to C#, sorry but it's not helpful. I'm still thinking about adding that, but I've been busy and it's not at the top of my list right now.
On of my favorite features of the PS4 is the ability to stream audio from the console to the controller and be able to use a headset wirelessly. Is this at all possible on the PC?

Good work on the software its by far the best out there. Is there any way I could donate?
a) Is there any way to change profiles from the command line?

I've been using a script while I was using joy2key that detected if the process gameoverlayui.exe existed and automatically changed profile to "games" and reverted back to mouse-keyb when gameoverlayui.exe stopped.
(gameoverlayui.exe is the steam overlay process and this is a cheap way to detect whether any steam game is running)

I'd love to do something like that with ds4windows.

b) Is there a way to bind execution of an external program to the ds4?
c) Any plans on adding shift modes? Example: Hold guide button and tilt up/down to change volume