..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-30-2014, 05:56 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Could you elaborate more on the updater shutting down, does it say it's not responding, does it just disappear after trying to run it, does it not run at all?

If you don't mind I'll try to send you some debug updaters, as well as the main tool via PMs to make sure it's running well for you and everyone else.

Sorry man i dont get to check back every day on here so i didnt see your reply, but yeah free to send me some debug updaters and ill give them a try.

But what ive noticed is there are two updaters in the folder(was there always? i dont normally look) and when i ran the updater it was fine, but when i ran the updater NEW it crashed and looked like the picture below.
[attachment=51423]

No crash log or anything as far as i can find sorry. Just a close program button, and then when i went to restart it the .exe was gone, so i manually downloaded the tool again and copied the .exe over. As i said, the debug 1 and 2 versions you posted updated fine and no crash so thats good, and i think the tool has been ok so far, it hasnt had any updates to get for real since.

Im running win 7 64bit just now, because when i was on win 8 it seemed to crash more, maybe it was just timing, circumstances the state of the build at the point, my driver, who knows. But i do remember win 8 kept installing a CSR(?) driver for my dongle whenever i plugged i in and id have to manually select a different driver for it. With win 7 it just installs a normal windows bluetooth driver which works off the bat.

My dongle is the same as this one,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Version-V4-0-U...58a42cafc5

generic and cheap so not sure whats inside.
(07-01-2014, 08:50 AM)Vrokolos Wrote: [ -> ]a) Is there any way to change profiles from the command line?

I've been using a script while I was using joy2key that detected if the process gameoverlayui.exe existed and automatically changed profile to "games" and reverted back to mouse-keyb when gameoverlayui.exe stopped.
(gameoverlayui.exe is the steam overlay process and this is a cheap way to detect whether any steam game is running)

I'd love to do something like that with ds4windows.

b) Is there a way to bind execution of an external program to the ds4?
c) Any plans on adding shift modes? Example: Hold guide button and tilt up/down to change volume

I believe J2K already has application sensing built in to the program itself, there is no need for 3rd party tools.
(07-01-2014, 12:54 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]I believe J2K already has application sensing built in to the program itself, there is no need for 3rd party tools.

I know but it only works when a process is in the foreground thus if I want to set it up for all my steam games and maintain it that way in the future I've got to set it up per game.

What I was doing was a bit different: Whenever gameoverlayui.exe is detected (running in the background) switch to the general xbox360 controller profile and whenever it was killed switch to the windows profile. And I've got the script if you want it.

I'd just like to change profiles from command line.

If you're adding some command line stuff then also allow me to change the led color and play a sound to the ds4 speaker from cmd Smile
(07-01-2014, 01:34 PM)Vrokolos Wrote: [ -> ]I know but it only works when a process is in the foreground thus if I want to set it up for all my steam games and maintain it that way in the future I've got to set it up per game.

What I was doing was a bit different: Whenever gameoverlayui.exe is detected (running in the background) switch to the general xbox360 controller profile and whenever it was killed switch to the windows profile. And I've got the script if you want it.

I'd just like to change profiles from command line.

If you're adding some command line stuff then also allow me to change the led color and play a sound to the ds4 speaker from cmd Smile
Well command line args are only passed when an application is launched, so this wouldn't help in your case since since the DS4Tool only launches once. Do you have too many steam games that its not feasible to just set their profiles individually? I believe J2k has the ability to switch profile based on a swipe or button combo, perhaps this may be what you need?

FYI, while we would all love sound support, it aint gonna happen, DS4 does not natively support it under Windows, or any OS other than PS4 for that matter.
I currently do the swipe thing and it works yeah. But what i'm asking could be better for me.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/91788...parameters

http://web.archive.org/web/2008050610392...ssing.aspx
(07-01-2014, 02:14 PM)Vrokolos Wrote: [ -> ]I currently do the swipe thing and it works yeah. But what i'm asking could be better for me.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/91788...parameters

http://web.archive.org/web/2008050610392...ssing.aspx

Im aware of what would be required to "fake" real time command line args, but in every case it involves breaking the application into essentially and client/server pair, which is an undertaking not to be taken lightly, especially as much development that has already been put into getting a, for the most part, stable client only application. Perhaps the easiest way to do what you are asking would be to create a file listener on the config file and have the tool reload config file on changes, then write an external batch file to both launch the game and edit the config file? Just brainstorming.
I believe the 'Disconnect from Bluetooth while Stopping' option no longer works. Regardless if checked, it always acts as if it is checked.
(07-01-2014, 08:50 AM)Vrokolos Wrote: [ -> ]a) Is there any way to change profiles from the command line?

I've been using a script while I was using joy2key that detected if the process gameoverlayui.exe existed and automatically changed profile to "games" and reverted back to mouse-keyb when gameoverlayui.exe stopped.
(gameoverlayui.exe is the steam overlay process and this is a cheap way to detect whether any steam game is running)

I'd love to do something like that with ds4windows.

b) Is there a way to bind execution of an external program to the ds4?
c) Any plans on adding shift modes? Example: Hold guide button and tilt up/down to change volume
As jheb is telling you, commands wouldn't work, fake commands won't work because it would break the connection between the controller and the program.

For b, there is not right now, can I ask why you want that?
I'm planning on adding c in the future.
(07-01-2014, 11:05 AM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry man i dont get to check back every day on here so i didnt see your reply, but yeah free to send me some debug updaters and ill give them a try.

But what ive noticed is there are two updaters in the folder(was there always? i dont normally look) and when i ran the updater it was fine, but when i ran the updater NEW it crashed and looked like the picture below.

No crash log or anything as far as i can find sorry. Just a close program button, and then when i went to restart it the .exe was gone, so i manually downloaded the tool again and copied the .exe over. As i said, the debug 1 and 2 versions you posted updated fine and no crash so thats good, and i think the tool has been ok so far, it hasnt had any updates to get for real since.

Im running win 7 64bit just now, because when i was on win 8 it seemed to crash more, maybe it was just timing, circumstances the state of the build at the point, my driver, who knows. But i do remember win 8 kept installing a CSR(?) driver for my dongle whenever i plugged i in and id have to manually select a different driver for it. With win 7 it just installs a normal windows bluetooth driver which works off the bat.

My dongle is the same as this one,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Version-V4-0-U...58a42cafc5

generic and cheap so not sure whats inside.

DS4Updater NEW.exe is what's supposed to replace the regular exe. DS4Updater.exe is supposed to delete itself and rename DS4Updater NEW.exe into DS4Updater.exe, but if it crashes before it does than it leaves the new updater. But since both the debugs are working for you I'm going to use that for the next release. I'm gonna attach the a new updater below, just replace this with the updater in DS4Windows program folder.

And weird how W8 installed CSR instead ofr windows bt stack, but good to hear ds4windows isn't crashing as much, keep reporting on it if you can please.
(07-01-2014, 06:07 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the 'Disconnect from Bluetooth while Stopping' option no longer works. Regardless if checked, it always acts as if it is checked.

I can't seem to replicate this. Can you tell me the conditions of the controller? charging while on bt, idle timeout etc.?

Note: for all who still have issues with the updater deleting the main program, download this and replace it with where the DS4Windows is.
Quote:For b, there is not right now, can I ask why you want

I made multitouch tap execute a batch file that changes default sound output, changes current monitor, unmmutes the volume and runs xbmc
@J2K: ever since a crash of the program I had 3 days ago, it had been like that. Since I saw that you said that it still works, I checked the option and unchecked it again and now it works. That error that I had, made the charging lights freeze on one color. But I havent found out how to replicate it yet. An emu with bad hotplugging support may have knocked it out of alignment. I tried some stuff with that same emulator but it didn't happen again. So I guess it's unsolved for now.