..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-04-2014, 07:13 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man so Ive been trying to replicate the crash and trying alternative set ups aaaand....i have no idea. lol.

I have been trying Jhebs tool and it hasnt crashed at all, via USB or Bluetooth.

Was difficult to try to use it when connected via usb because of the placement and length of my micro cable, but i ended up I couldnt even use it via usb:-

http://youtu.be/V49ddYr5mR4

As you can see i couldn't select profiles, stop the tool or open the profile editor took a few goes every time as well, I had nothing else running at the time.

I ran Jhebs tool , Electros and an old one of yours and i havent had a crash with any other as far as i can manage. It definitely seems to be something to do with recent build, i was wondering if it might be something to do with the six axis tilt function binding support? maybe with the data its reading? I havent assigned anythin to it but Im probably just clutching at straws now lol.

If i can narrow it down any more i will let you know bud. I might try more and more recent build till i find one of them that starts crashing, and tell you the build number and we could try see what features have been added at that point.

@ Jheb, with your build i was just wanting to check something. The Axis tuning utility doesnt seem to make any changes to the mouse emulation as far as i can get it to work. If i assign the right stick to mouse movement for example, the mouse movement still seems to follow the input data instead of the output data. If i turn the mouse (button) sensitivity to 1, turn the curve and sensitivity on the graphs right down, the blue output dot changes to minimal movement, but the actual mouse movement seems to still follow the green input dot when moving across the screen at a high speed. Or am i not reading the way it works correctly maybe?

I only coded the tuning to be for the sticks, but also using it for mouse input may be possible.

FYI while I try to answer generic and technical questions in all threads, please keep application specific question confined to my thread so as not to derail this one too much.
(07-04-2014, 07:16 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]I only coded the tuning to be for the sticks, but also using it for mouse input may be possible.

FYI while I try to answer generic and technical questions in all threads, please keep application specific question confined to my thread so as not to derail this one too much.

Ah right no bother sorry, I will do. ...Um just checking, where is your thread though? on your website?
(07-04-2014, 09:12 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Ah right no bother sorry, I will do. ...Um just checking, where is your thread though? on your website?

We (DSDCS) seems to be popping up all over the place but I try to funnel everything towards http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Window...her-thread

And to your main question this feature will be in tonights build.
(07-04-2014, 07:13 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man so Ive been trying to replicate the crash and trying alternative set ups aaaand....i have no idea. lol.

I have been trying Jhebs tool and it hasnt crashed at all, via USB or Bluetooth.

Was difficult to try to use it when connected via usb because of the placement and length of my micro cable, but i ended up I couldnt even use it via usb:-

http://youtu.be/V49ddYr5mR4

As you can see i couldn't select profiles, stop the tool or open the profile editor took a few goes every time as well, I had nothing else running at the time.

I ran Jhebs tool , Electros and an old one of yours and i havent had a crash with any other as far as i can manage. It definitely seems to be something to do with recent build, i was wondering if it might be something to do with the six axis tilt function binding support? maybe with the data its reading? I havent assigned anythin to it but Im probably just clutching at straws now lol.

If i can narrow it down any more i will let you know bud. I might try more and more recent build till i find one of them that starts crashing, and tell you the build number and we could try see what features have been added at that point.

@ Jheb, with your build i was just wanting to check something. The Axis tuning utility doesnt seem to make any changes to the mouse emulation as far as i can get it to work. If i assign the right stick to mouse movement for example, the mouse movement still seems to follow the input data instead of the output data. If i turn the mouse (button) sensitivity to 1, turn the curve and sensitivity on the graphs right down, the blue output dot changes to minimal movement, but the actual mouse movement seems to still follow the green input dot when moving across the screen at a high speed. Or am i not reading the way it works correctly maybe?

Well if it's something new that's causing it, then it would make it easier to figure out, if you want here's access to all the older builds, here's a link to them all: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/02dpkihco5mn3...ultgkbwkfa

I wish I could try to figure out what's causing it myself, just tell me which build works and which don't. Also don't use the updaters in the zips.

Also try deleting your default profile and making a new one, then test it if it crashes still. Actually before you delete it, could you send your default profile my way, maybe I can see if I can get the issue too that way.You can also assign profiles to controller in the profiles tab and right clicking, not sure why you can't click things, I think something in your profile might also be breaking the tool. I'm releasing a new version soon, as I got the shift modifier working and a few more bugs squashed. Hopefully I'll have it out in less than a week, with a fix for whatever is making the tool crash for you.

And shinra it's working fine for me when I press it down, but I'll see what's up.
(07-04-2014, 09:28 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I could try to figure out what's causing it myself, just tell me which build works and which don't. Also don't use the updaters in the zips.

Will do man, ill work my way through them thanks.

(07-04-2014, 09:28 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Actually before you delete it, could you send your default profile my way, maybe I can see if I can get the issue too that way.
I think something in your profile might also be breaking the tool.

I just use the default profile, as i have to use xpadder for button assignments just now. It was running the default profile when it was being weird, but i did make a different one to try the other functions, i'll send you that. Actually It might have been because the tool crashed when i had the profile editor open before and something is corrupted.

(07-04-2014, 09:28 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I got the shift modifier working. Hopefully I'll have it out in less than a week, with a fix for whatever is making the tool crash for you.

SCHWEEEET!!! thanks man!!
Unfortunately the wake from usb is greyed out and I can't figure out how to use it, though it would have been a perfect feature for my "steambox".
(07-05-2014, 01:03 AM)wahgah Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately the wake from usb is greyed out and I can't figure out how to use it, though it would have been a perfect feature for my "steambox".

Its a MoBo feature, so maybe your MoBo doesn't support it
What value should I put in the Trigger Threshold field to make them super sensitive? For example, I play FFXIV without ds4windows and the triggers are hyper sensitive. With dswindows, I have to pull the trigger halfway for it to register. I really like this utility and would love to be able to use it Laugh Thanks in advance!
(07-05-2014, 07:28 PM)tya0411 Wrote: [ -> ]What value should I put in the Trigger Threshold field to make them super sensitive? For example, I play FFXIV without ds4windows and the triggers are hyper sensitive. With dswindows, I have to pull the trigger halfway for it to register. I really like this utility and would love to be able to use it Laugh Thanks in advance!

I don't have FFXIV so I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you're mapping the triggers to a key or a button, it only registers if you pull it halfway, there's no way to change this as of now. If it's mapped to a trigger (which it is if you haven't mapped the triggers to something else) it will begin registering the moment you start to press it down so if only registers halfway in game, it might be how the game works with a (fake) 360 controller. Hope that helps.
(07-05-2014, 08:32 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have FFXIV so I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you're mapping the triggers to a key or a button, it only registers if you pull it halfway, there's no way to change this as of now. If it's mapped to a trigger (which it is if you haven't mapped the triggers to something else) it will begin registering the moment you start to press it down so if only registers halfway in game, it might be how the game works with a (fake) 360 controller. Hope that helps.
I see what you mean! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the reply!!