..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-29-2014, 07:47 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Haha thanks, I just do what I can, although I might not mess with sleep mode as I'm heading out this week for vacation and won't be able to make builds for about a week, so I rather not break something else in the process.
In the touchpad box of profile settings, Slide is what controls the touchpad movement, uncheck it and it will no longer move the mouse.

Just an FYI There is a search function at the bottom right of the thread, right over add reply button, however no one has asked that.

Does that only happen in Arma 3, or other games as well? if just arma, it could something with the game. If it's all games, you may need to re-calibrate the controller in the control panel (under usb controllers). Gyro doesn't affect anything unless you mapped gyro to something like the right stick, by default Gyro isn't used.

Ahh! Thanks!
Greetings. I have been trying to use the "hide ds4 controller" feature so I can play Dark Souls 1 and 2, but, it keeps telling me to close programs such as Steam and Uplay. I do that, and it tells me the same thing. I have no clue what other programs could possibly be using the controller. I am using the J2K version, by the way. Any help will be appreciated.
(07-30-2014, 04:10 PM)austen1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings. I have been trying to use the "hide ds4 controller" feature so I can play Dark Souls 1 and 2, but, it keeps telling me to close programs such as Steam and Uplay. I do that, and it tells me the same thing. I have no clue what other programs could possibly be using the controller. I am using the J2K version, by the way. Any help will be appreciated.

When such programs like that are closed, you may to to re-enable Hide DS4, for it to work. If it's still not working, you could have other programs using it like Teamspeak or hotkey automation programs.
(07-30-2014, 07:27 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]When such programs like that are closed, you may to to re-enable Hide DS4, for it to work. If it's still not working, you could have other programs using it like Teamspeak or hotkey automation programs.

Well, I don't have Teamspeak, and I don't have any hotkey automation programs, as far as I can tell, unless the Steelseries engine for my Sensei mouse and my Corsair Vengence K90's configuration program count as such. But, even after disabling all of that and re-enabling the setting, I still gives me that error. Would Teamviewer somehow have an effect on it, because while the program is not running, it seems that a service for it is? Or what would define a hotkey automation program?
(07-30-2014, 07:49 PM)austen1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I don't have Teamspeak, and I don't have any hotkey automation programs, as far as I can tell, unless the Steelseries engine for my Sensei mouse and my Corsair Vengence K90's configuration program count as such. But, even after disabling all of that and re-enabling the setting, I still gives me that error. Would Teamviewer somehow have an effect on it, because while the program is not running, it seems that a service for it is? Or what would define a hotkey automation program?

It doesn't sound like you have any hotkey programs, and it's just certain ones try to grab the controller, though I'm not sure which one programs. both those and teamviewer shouldn't be a problem.

Did you restart DS4Windows without steam running?
(07-30-2014, 09:42 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't sound like you have any hotkey programs, and it's just certain ones try to grab the controller, though I'm not sure which one programs. both those and teamviewer shouldn't be a problem.

Did you restart DS4Windows without steam running?

Yes. I actually managed to fix my problem. The Asus ATK package processes were interfering with DS4, so, shutting those down fixed the problem. Thank you. However, now I have another problem. With both Dark Souls games (and no other game is affected from my testing), with DS4Tool and the hide DS4 controller setting running, there is an unexplained and severe system slowdown when starting up or shutting down these games. The games play fine, its just starting them and quitting them. As soon as the process is killed, system speed returns to normal. If starting and quiting these games with DS4Tool off, or hide DS4 controller unticked, then the system behaves normally as well.
(07-31-2014, 01:22 AM)austen1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. I actually managed to fix my problem. The Asus ATK package processes were interfering with DS4, so, shutting those down fixed the problem. Thank you. However, now I have another problem. With both Dark Souls games (and no other game is affected from my testing), with DS4Tool and the hide DS4 controller setting running, there is an unexplained and severe system slowdown when starting up or shutting down these games. The games play fine, its just starting them and quitting them. As soon as the process is killed, system speed returns to normal. If starting and quiting these games with DS4Tool off, or hide DS4 controller unticked, then the system behaves normally as well.

Likely the way Dark Souls is programmed, the game wants to grab the controller, but DS4Windows won't let it, I can't test since I don't own the DS games, but the first game is really weird on PC, but likely that's why there's a slow start.
What about record macro from gamepad, not from keyboard or mouse?
f.e. i touch cross and in game macro do L1+cross+left
Hey electrobrains, I know this is a bit late but I think it's time to report on something Laugh

Upgraded to Windows 8.1, and DS4 Tool works 100% perfectly now. Hotplugging is no longer 90% miss 10% hit, it's now 100% hit all the time every time. It just works. Pairing my controller with my bluetooth adapter is still a bit flakey, but I'm gonna chalk this up to my adapter which is about 5 or 6 years old.

So for those of you on Windows 7 and you're not getting a completely functional experience with your DS4, upgrade. It really does make a big difference. I was skeptical for the longest time, but the underthehood changes to 8 are pretty significant. The only downside... that hideous UI. They better provide some fix in Update 2 next month instead of rolling it all in to Windows 9 as a selling point :angry:
simple question. i think most computer users who hate popups, though i know some people really really love them, i personally do not. so, J2K, is there any way you could disable the balloon popups on your app? it kinda sucks to have to alt-tab back into epcsx when the focus changes cause a controller connection causes a pop-up. the popups are not just the balloon window, but if the taskbar is set to auto-hide then the whole taskbar can popup to partially obscure games running windowed.