..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-19-2014, 11:24 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]If your computer uses a combo wifi/bt adapter that could be an issue, the internet is full of tales of wor of bt and wifi not playing nice. If you completely turn off your computers WiFi (not just disconnect) does it behave correctly?

When looking for a new adapter Broadcom chipsets are the best right now, common models are BT-400 or BTH-400 all of which are rebrands from various manufactures of a pretty much identical dongle.
Exactly, it behaved OK with WiFi turned off (with a wired connection instead of it so I could stress test network).
Thank you for the advice with BT-400, seems it's exactly what I need and what's important I found it ready to order in my local internet-shops.

Btw, what should I do with built-in BT adapter if i use another one? Just shut it down in device manager and that's all? Do built-in laptop BTs conflict with USB adapters in any way? I think I can always figure it out myself but maybe someone knows it for sure.
(08-20-2014, 02:50 AM)TheDeadSkin Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly, it behaved OK with WiFi turned off (with a wired connection instead of it so I could stress test network).
Thank you for the advice with BT-400, seems it's exactly what I need and what's important I found it ready to order in my local internet-shops.

Btw, what should I do with built-in BT adapter if i use another one? Just shut it down in device manager and that's all? Do built-in laptop BTs conflict with USB adapters in any way? I think I can always figure it out myself but maybe someone knows it for sure.

if there is a bios way to shut it off do it there, otherwise remove it or disable it in device manager.
Okay, I'll keep in mind about bios, because removing it completely is not an option since module is a mutual one wifi+bt (and it's a laptop, I'd rather refrain from removing anything but HDD/RAM).

Thank you again very much for your help.
Great work on your branch of this tool!

I noticed two things I wanted to bring to your attention..

The touchpad can be disabled with PS Button + Touchpad Click and this works except the two finger scrolling which continues working. This wouldn't be too much a bother except that I was disabling the touchpad due to it always scrolling the page when I try and us the two finger right click but disabling the touchpad doesn't seem to disable the scrolling as I would expect. Perhaps I was wrong in assuming that disabling the touchpad would leave only the clicking ability enabled, if so, please ignore this. For now I have enabled the handy right click using bottom right of touchpad button so the flexibility in the program has already allowed me to work around it, still I thought I would mention it.

The other thing I noticed is in the popup to select an action, the one that shows the keyboard and XBox360 controller items .. the descriptions and macro button are all in french while everything else in the program is english.

A huge thanks for the awesome work to everyone making this possible.
(08-21-2014, 04:29 PM)Typo Wrote: [ -> ]Great work on your branch of this tool!

I noticed two things I wanted to bring to your attention..

The touchpad can be disabled with PS Button + Touchpad Click and this works except the two finger scrolling which continues working. This wouldn't be too much a bother except that I was disabling the touchpad due to it always scrolling the page when I try and us the two finger right click but disabling the touchpad doesn't seem to disable the scrolling as I would expect. Perhaps I was wrong in assuming that disabling the touchpad would leave only the clicking ability enabled, if so, please ignore this. For now I have enabled the handy right click using bottom right of touchpad button so the flexibility in the program has already allowed me to work around it, still I thought I would mention it.

The other thing I noticed is in the popup to select an action, the one that shows the keyboard and XBox360 controller items .. the descriptions and macro button are all in french while everything else in the program is english.

A huge thanks for the awesome work to everyone making this possible.

Yeah the touchpad disabling was just for the mouse movement, however scrolling should be disabled as well, so I'll add that.

And big oops on my part, thanks for pointing it out.
(08-23-2014, 04:28 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the touchpad disabling was just for the mouse movement, however scrolling should be disabled as well, so I'll add that.

And big oops on my part, thanks for pointing it out.
My pleasure.

I must admit I am torn between your version and the one by jhebbel. I am currently using yours due to his forcing ads, incorporating registration and requiring firewall access in the main program, all of which yours does not, however, I think his has some great enhancements compared to yours, especially where macros are concerned.

I don't get a chance to code outside web dev much and have been looking for something I am personally interested in to get into more languages (I currently code mostly in js/php/python and the sort) so I decided I want to start committing to one of these branches of the DS4Tool so if you don't mind I have a couple questions.

Would you be interested in some help?

Do you have plans to give your branch of this project a home? By home I mean its own forum topic or even a webpage. I really think it would benefit you greatly.

This kind of relates to the previous question ... I know jhebbel is facing issues with covering hosting and I tried to offer him help with that in the form of hosting his files for him but he wasn't very interested, the same offer would be extended to you if you need and I would even expand it to include hosting you a webpage if you wanted. I also have an IRC network and you would be more than welcome to open a chat room for the project.
(08-23-2014, 05:16 AM)Typo Wrote: [ -> ]My pleasure.

I must admit I am torn between your version and the one by jhebbel. I am currently using yours due to his forcing ads, incorporating registration and requiring firewall access in the main program, all of which yours does not, however, I think his has some great enhancements compared to yours, especially where macros are concerned.

I don't get a chance to code outside web dev much and have been looking for something I am personally interested in to get into more languages (I currently code mostly in js/php/python and the sort) so I decided I want to start committing to one of these branches of the DS4Tool so if you don't mind I have a couple questions.

Would you be interested in some help?

Do you have plans to give your branch of this project a home? By home I mean its own forum topic or even a webpage. I really think it would benefit you greatly.

This kind of relates to the previous question ... I know jhebbel is facing issues with covering hosting and I tried to offer him help with that in the form of hosting his files for him but he wasn't very interested, the same offer would be extended to you if you need and I would even expand it to include hosting you a webpage if you wanted. I also have an IRC network and you would be more than welcome to open a chat room for the project.

I know very little about js/html/css/etc., but I've been trying to make a website on the side. I don't really see me finishing it and finding a host for it, but if I did I'd probably make my own thread for my tool, even though there's far too many as is.

I rather not be a burden on other people's servers though, while dropbox isn't a very convenient way to host these files, I kinda just have a thing about letting someone else manage the files. It's hard to explain why I feel that way, I just do.

For now thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass for now. Fun fact, jheb actually offered me something similar before he started his version.
(08-23-2014, 06:40 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]I know very little about js/html/css/etc., but I've been trying to make a website on the side. I don't really see me finishing it and finding a host for it, but if I did I'd probably make my own thread for my tool, even though there's far too many as is.

I rather not be a burden on other people's servers though, while dropbox isn't a very convenient way to host these files, I kinda just have a thing about letting someone else manage the files. It's hard to explain why I feel that way, I just do.

For now thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass for now. Fun fact, jheb actually offered me something similar before he started his version.

I host all 5 of my own domains and 2 for other people on top of running my own IRC and IRC web portal. In addition to this, my server is running a bunch of other services which help add features to my websites. All of this and I never reach more than 1% my allowed bandwidth. I am not on any shared hosting plan, I run my own server (VPS) and manage every aspect of it. My average system load is 0.2 percent. Put simply, I can afford to help.

If your concern is the actual download file, there is nothing wrong with keeping it in dropbox other than how inconvenient it can be for others.

I would be happy to take a night and, while talking with you, and with your input, put you together a webpage which will fulfill your needs. I will not charge for this and it would not be a burden for me to help your tool have a proper home so you aren't lost in the depths of one forum post. I am well experienced in web development so this would not be difficult for me at all. Whether your own forum or just a small landing page with info about the tool, I could help. As described above, I own 5 domains and would also let you pick a sub domain off any of them you choose.

For hosting the file, you always have the option of allowing me to host it but making public the md5 so there is never a question of whether it is in its original form.

Aside from all that, you did not answer my other question. Would you like help with developing the tool? I cannot commit full time or anything, I am a bit busy but I would definitely be interested in helping where I can, whether in small patches to existing code or new features. I don't have a lot of coding experience outside web dev but I am self sufficient in learning anything I want and I know I am up to the task. If you need to see existing code I have done, I have some things I can show.

Look forward to hearing back from ya Smile.
(08-23-2014, 08:33 AM)Typo Wrote: [ -> ]I host all 5 of my own domains and 2 for other people on top of running my own IRC and IRC web portal. In addition to this, my server is running a bunch of other services which help add features to my websites. All of this and I never reach more than 1% my allowed bandwidth. I am not on any shared hosting plan, I run my own server (VPS) and manage every aspect of it. My average system load is 0.2 percent. Put simply, I can afford to help.

If your concern is the actual download file, there is nothing wrong with keeping it in dropbox other than how inconvenient it can be for others.

I would be happy to take a night and, while talking with you, and with your input, put you together a webpage which will fulfill your needs. I will not charge for this and it would not be a burden for me to help your tool have a proper home so you aren't lost in the depths of one forum post. I am well experienced in web development so this would not be difficult for me at all. Whether your own forum or just a small landing page with info about the tool, I could help. As described above, I own 5 domains and would also let you pick a sub domain off any of them you choose.

For hosting the file, you always have the option of allowing me to host it but making public the md5 so there is never a question of whether it is in its original form.

Aside from all that, you did not answer my other question. Would you like help with developing the tool? I cannot commit full time or anything, I am a bit busy but I would definitely be interested in helping where I can, whether in small patches to existing code or new features. I don't have a lot of coding experience outside web dev but I am self sufficient in learning anything I want and I know I am up to the task. If you need to see existing code I have done, I have some things I can show.

Look forward to hearing back from ya Smile.

Well I guess I can consider it. when you see this, could you pm me and we'll figure out a way to contact from there.

And yeah you're free to help me with the tool, but I'm fine regardless, thought with school, I've been just focusing on weekly builds with hotfixing in between it. I'm about to push a new build in a few minutes in fact. You can look at my source code to try and get an understanding of it, and I'll be happy to explain as much as I can, though since I only branched off of it, there's still a bit of code I'm trying to figure out myself.

EDIT:
Version 1.4.0.5
  • Option to only use Dinput, turn off X360 input and only use the DS4's native input: useful for games that can use the ds4 as is without 360 input needed, but still want to use the lightbar and touchpad.
  • Added custom color when flashing, just click on the "Flash at" text
  • lightbar turns off fully when going into sleep mode
  • PS+touchpad also disables scrolling now
  • Update to french translations
  • Fixes to text
The light doesn't completely turn of while in wired mode when pressing [stop] still.

The sleep mode fix works.

On your next major update, can you add command line options for the stop/start button?